Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Gundlach Bundschu wines- any comments

We never visited their winery when we were in California,
but we had a vertical tasting of their cabernets at a
food and wine show in Minneapolis. I had forgotten about
their wines until a recent conversation with friends who
had just returned from a California wine country trip.
They didn't visit the winery either, but I started to
wonder about the winery and I checked out their web site.
It appears they specialize in many limited high end wines
that would be difficult to find at a local wine shop.
BTW: Those Cabs were pretty good!

If anyone is interested, their web site is:
http://www.gunbun.com/index.cfm?meth...epage.showpage

Dick
Posted to alt.food.wine

dickr2 > writes:

> We never visited their winery when we were in California,
> but we had a vertical tasting of their cabernets at a
> food and wine show in Minneapolis. I had forgotten about
> their wines until a recent conversation with friends who
> had just returned from a California wine country trip.
> They didn't visit the winery either, but I started to
> wonder about the winery and I checked out their web site.
> It appears they specialize in many limited high end wines
> that would be difficult to find at a local wine shop.
> BTW: Those Cabs were pretty good!

I've had a Gewurz from them that I thought was quite good.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 25, 4:34*pm, dickr2 > wrote:
> We never visited their winery when we were in California,
> but we had a vertical tasting of their cabernets at a
> food and wine show in Minneapolis. I had forgotten about
> their wines until a recent conversation with friends who
> had just returned from a California wine country trip.
> They didn't visit the winery either, but I started to
> wonder about the winery and I checked out their web site.
> It appears they specialize in many limited high end wines
> that would be difficult to find at a local wine shop.
> BTW: Those Cabs were pretty good!
>
> If anyone is interested, their web site is:http://www.gunbun.com/index.cfm?meth...epage.showpage
>
> Dick

I don't see much, but thought a bottle of their Mountain Cuvee was ok
to good at a restaurant in Yosemite recently