Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2007 CdP for $9.97?

Yep, just saw it for myself on Costco.com.

------------>

"This Kirkland Signature Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvée de Nalys 2007 has
great concentration and purity of structure with flavors of red
cherry, cassis and smoked meats with hints of white and black pepper.
The elegant ripe character of this Chateauneuf du Pape is ready to
drink and will evolve over the next 10 years adding subtle complex
aromas and nuance. WS 89"

60% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 7% Vaccares, 3% Mourvedre-Muscardin
-------------<

Costco had the 2005 Nalys for around $15. I'm having a hard time
imagining ANY CdP at under ten bucks, let alone a 2007 with an 89 in
the Speculator. Anyone been brave enough to try it?

JJ
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 12, 7:25*am, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 00:57:57 -0700, wrote:
> >Yep, just saw it for myself on Costco.com.

> >------------>

> >"This Kirkland Signature Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvée de Nalys 2007 has
> >great concentration and purity of structure with flavors of red
> >cherry, cassis and smoked meats with hints of white and black pepper.
> >The elegant ripe character of this Chateauneuf du Pape is ready to
> >drink and will evolve over the next 10 years adding subtle complex
> >aromas and nuance. WS 89"

> > 60% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 7% Vaccares, 3% Mourvedre-Muscardin
> >-------------<

> >Costco had the 2005 Nalys for around $15. I'm having a hard time
> >imagining ANY CdP at under ten bucks, let alone a 2007 with an 89 in
> >the Speculator. Anyone been brave enough to try it?

> >JJ

> I have had other Costco wines and they are generalkly excelelnt
> values. For the record you state a rice of $15 so why the reference to
> under $10?
> Joseph Coulter
> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacationswww.josephcoulter.com

I think he's saying the 05 was $15, the 07 is $10.
At that price I'd certainly try one bottle!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 06:11:36 -0700 (PDT), DaleW >
wrote:

>On Oct 12, 7:25*am, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 00:57:57 -0700, wrote:
>> >Yep, just saw it for myself on Costco.com.

>> >------------>

>> >"This Kirkland Signature Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvée de Nalys 2007 has
>> >great concentration and purity of structure with flavors of red
>> >cherry, cassis and smoked meats with hints of white and black pepper.
>> >The elegant ripe character of this Chateauneuf du Pape is ready to
>> >drink and will evolve over the next 10 years adding subtle complex
>> >aromas and nuance. WS 89"

>> > 60% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 7% Vaccares, 3% Mourvedre-Muscardin
>> >-------------<

>> >Costco had the 2005 Nalys for around $15. I'm having a hard time
>> >imagining ANY CdP at under ten bucks, let alone a 2007 with an 89 in
>> >the Speculator. Anyone been brave enough to try it?

>> >JJ

>> I have had other Costco wines and they are generalkly excelelnt
>> values. For the record you state a rice of $15 so why the reference to
>> under $10?
>> Joseph Coulter
>> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacationswww.josephcoulter.com

>I think he's saying the 05 was $15, the 07 is $10.
>At that price I'd certainly try one bottle!

Gottcha, and typo on price ntoed, I am of to Costco on Wednesday must
find. Must try. Science demands it.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

>>I think he's saying the 05 was $15, the 07 is $10.
>>At that price I'd certainly try one bottle!

>Gottcha, and typo on price ntoed, I am of to Costco on Wednesday must
>find. Must try. Science demands it.
>Joseph Coulter
>Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
>www.josephcoulter.com

I checked with the wine stew at the Kirkland Costco. She says this was
some sort of a close-out being conducted by Costco Online's warehouse.
She recalls having the wine in the store about a year ago, for $19.99.

Unfortunately, I snoozed and loozed. By the time she got back to me,
the stock was sold out. I keep putting the wine into the search engine
but it doesn't come up anymore.

Sorry Joseph, if you made a trip for nothing.

OTOH, there are some interesting offers in the online store.

2004 Giordano Barolo for $14.97
2006 Chateau Quinault L'Enclos $19.97
2006 Condado de Haza $14.97
2004 Chateau Branas Grand Poujeaux $19.97
2006 Seguinot-Bordet Grand Cru Chablis $29.97

But there's catch here, too. The Branas can only be shipped to
Washington State addresses, the others to California, New Mexico and
Oregon addresses.

Sheesh....isn't Prohibition over yet?

JJ

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:19:23 -0700, wrote:

>>>I think he's saying the 05 was $15, the 07 is $10.
>>>At that price I'd certainly try one bottle!

>>Gottcha, and typo on price ntoed, I am of to Costco on Wednesday must
>>find. Must try. Science demands it.
>>Joseph Coulter
>>Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations

www.josephcoulter.com

>I checked with the wine stew at the Kirkland Costco. She says this was
>some sort of a close-out being conducted by Costco Online's warehouse.
>She recalls having the wine in the store about a year ago, for $19.99.
>
>Unfortunately, I snoozed and loozed. By the time she got back to me,
>the stock was sold out. I keep putting the wine into the search engine
>but it doesn't come up anymore.
>
>Sorry Joseph, if you made a trip for nothing.
>
>OTOH, there are some interesting offers in the online store.
>
>2004 Giordano Barolo for $14.97
>2006 Chateau Quinault L'Enclos $19.97
>2006 Condado de Haza $14.97
>2004 Chateau Branas Grand Poujeaux $19.97
>2006 Seguinot-Bordet Grand Cru Chablis $29.97
>
>But there's catch here, too. The Branas can only be shipped to
>Washington State addresses, the others to California, New Mexico and
>Oregon addresses.
>
>Sheesh....isn't Prohibition over yet?
>
>JJ

Not for nothing, but certainly nothing as spectacular as a $10 CdP!
They do have some good values. El Coto Rioja at $8.99 very nice
everyday wine
Trevor Jones Virgin Chard at $12.50another very nice wine for a good
price.

Some good CA Syrah at 15 as well.

Two 2007's Bi!! Wine 8 15-05-2009 05:57 PM
(2007-12-31) 2007's final survey: Making New Year's Resolution(s)? ChattyCathy General Cooking 5 31-12-2007 09:13 PM
Chat anyone (Late Sun 5/13/2007; early Mon 5/14/2007)? Skyhooks General Cooking 0 14-05-2007 04:36 AM
~2007~ Sheldon General Cooking 4 02-01-2007 03:28 PM
OT 2007 Kathi Jones Preserving 0 01-01-2007 04:39 AM