Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2007 Francois Cotat Sancerre Chavignol Rose

I had dinner at a firends home and he opened this 2007 F. Cotat
Sancerre Chavignol Rose as an apertif with grilled salmon tarts and
tuna tartare. It's the first Sancerre Rose that I've tasted and it
was a strange wine. It's a Rose of Pinot Noir and while it started
off with overt strawberry notes on the nose, it became more pink
grapefruit as it opened up. The wine was quite dry and had my host
not explained that the wine was pinot noir I would have guessed
Sauvignon Blanc colored with a bit of Pinot Noir. It seemed just a
bit tired lacking any punch and was pleasnt enough but no wow factor.
"B" on the Dale Scale.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Aug 31, 11:44*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> I had dinner at a firends home and he opened this 2007 F. Cotat
> Sancerre Chavignol Rose as an apertif with grilled salmon tarts and
> tuna tartare. *It's the first Sancerre Rose that I've tasted and it
> was a strange wine. *It's a Rose of Pinot Noir and while it started
> off with overt strawberry notes on the nose, it became more pink
> grapefruit as it opened up. *The wine was quite dry and had my host
> not explained that the wine was pinot noir I would have guessed
> Sauvignon Blanc colored with a bit of Pinot Noir. *It seemed just a
> bit tired lacking any punch and was pleasnt enough but no wow factor.
> "B" on the Dale Scale.

I've generally liked the Cotat pinks, and they have a reputation for
aging. But for me they're not worth the price tag. Thanks for notes
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Aug 31, 3:16�pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Aug 31, 11:44�am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > I had dinner at a firends home and he opened this 2007 F. Cotat
> > Sancerre Chavignol Rose as an apertif with grilled salmon tarts and
> > tuna tartare. �It's the first Sancerre Rose that I've tasted and it
> > was a strange wine. �It's a Rose of Pinot Noir and while it started
> > off with overt strawberry notes on the nose, it became more pink
> > grapefruit as it opened up. �The wine was quite dry and had my host
> > not explained that the wine was pinot noir I would have guessed
> > Sauvignon Blanc colored with a bit of Pinot Noir. �It seemed just a
> > bit tired lacking any punch and was pleasnt enough but no wow factor.
> > "B" on the Dale Scale.

> I've generally liked the Cotat pinks, and they have �a reputation for
> aging. But for me they're not worth the price tag. Thanks for notes

I didn't know what the price was since I was a guest but I just looked
it up online after reading your post...... YIKES! The wine was OK but
not worth almost $30.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
"Bi!!" > wrote:

> On Aug 31, 3:16?pm, DaleW > wrote:
> > On Aug 31, 11:44?am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> >
> > > I had dinner at a firends home and he opened this 2007 F. Cotat
> > > Sancerre Chavignol Rose as an apertif with grilled salmon tarts and
> > > tuna tartare. ?It's the first Sancerre Rose that I've tasted and it
> > > was a strange wine. ?It's a Rose of Pinot Noir and while it started
> > > off with overt strawberry notes on the nose, it became more pink
> > > grapefruit as it opened up. ?The wine was quite dry and had my host
> > > not explained that the wine was pinot noir I would have guessed
> > > Sauvignon Blanc colored with a bit of Pinot Noir. ?It seemed just a
> > > bit tired lacking any punch and was pleasnt enough but no wow factor.
> > > "B" on the Dale Scale.

> > I've generally liked the Cotat pinks, and they have ?a reputation for
> > aging. But for me they're not worth the price tag. Thanks for notes

> I didn't know what the price was since I was a guest but I just looked
> it up online after reading your post...... YIKES! The wine was OK but
> not worth almost $30.

Yes, looked at them in one store and thought to myself, $30 Rose..why?