Posted to alt.food.wine

Default "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacques scallopsset the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing, exchange."

Do you approve?:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...kp-6gD97B4NO80
Posted to alt.food.wine

Were they matched together? That would be....different.
Isn't Coquilles St Jacques scallops redundant?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 8, 3:36�pm, Mike Tommasi > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Do you approve?:

> >http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...LukvD8DS2g0nwz...

> Where else could a Pomerol wine come from?
>
> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Mike,
Only a very, very few Americans would know that Pomerol was part
of Bordeaux. Most wouldn't have clue as to what Bordeaux actually is
to be frank.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi wrote:

> Bordeaux, it's a wine isn't it? :-)

Nah, that's Bardolino. Bordeaux was my favorite candy in the See's
chocolate sampler ;-)

http://www.sees.com/prod.cfm/Dark_Ch...olate_Bordeaux

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:46:44 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>Do you approve?:

Of the multiple redundencies? Of the pretensious writing?

Neither.
--
All the best
Fatty from Forges
Posted to alt.food.wine

Type "coquille st jacques" into Google - even the French version, and
what comprises most of your hits. It's the aforementioned dish.

Same goes for an image search.

I've been served this dish a few times while staying with friends in
France, and have since learned how to make it. It's really good. And
that really is what it's called, with nothing in the name to distinguish
it from the main ingredient.

Chris