Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: '07 Rheingau, '06 Burgundy

Saturday Betsy stopped at the Asian market, where she got shrimp,
tofu, Thai peppers, fresh rice noodles, and Chinese broccoli, all of
which were components of a stir fry. Served with some dumplings and
pickled vegetables from store, and the 2007* Leitz *Rudesheimer
Klosterlay Riesling Kabinett. A big bowl of nectarines with limes
squeezed over it, lots of sweet fruit, solid core of acids despite the
ripeness. Nice finish, very enjoyable. B+

Sunday I marinated a pork roast in Riesling in garlic, then seasoned
with cumin and roasted with mushrooms, potatoes, and shallots. Wine
was the 2006 Bachelet Cote de Nuits Villages, a lovely wine even if I
was fighting beginning of a cold. Definitely punching above it's
class, black and red cherry fruit with layers of earth, coffee/mocha,
and spices. Really solid fruit, light and ripe but clear tannins, good
acidity. Very good length. I'll buy more of this. A-/B+

*
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 23, 12:17*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> Saturday Betsy stopped at the Asian market, where she got shrimp,
> tofu, Thai peppers, fresh rice noodles, and Chinese broccoli, all of
> which were components of a stir fry. *Served with some dumplings and
> pickled vegetables from store, and the 2007* Leitz *Rudesheimer
> Klosterlay Riesling Kabinett. A big bowl of nectarines with limes
> squeezed over it, lots of sweet fruit, solid core of acids despite the
> ripeness. Nice finish, very enjoyable. B+
>
> Sunday I marinated a pork roast in Riesling in garlic, then seasoned
> with cumin and roasted with mushrooms, potatoes, and shallots. Wine
> was the 2006 Bachelet Cote de Nuits Villages, a lovely wine even if I
> was fighting beginning of a cold. Definitely punching above it's
> class, black and red cherry fruit with layers of earth, coffee/mocha,
> and spices. Really solid fruit, light and ripe but clear tannins, good
> acidity. Very good length. *I'll buy more of this. A-/B+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> *

Oops, I should clarify, this is Denis Bachelet.