Posted to alt.food.wine

Default French Laundry

I take back anything I stated back about 1.5 years ago.

Had an outstanding night at French Laundry last night...best meal ever.

Without all the tasting notes and detals last night I Crispy Cod Milt...had
with a nice Martinelli Chardonney....The Cod Milt was great...them my wife
laugh and said..you know milt was not mispelled for milk. Milt is a Cods
sperm sack....sadly it was good. But don't anyone make fun like cod sucker.
:-)

Additionally, the 1/2 bottle menu was greatly expanded and there were some
outstanding wines by the glass.

Therefore, I take back any comments from a my October 2007 visit I made
here...

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
m...
>I take back anything I stated back about 1.5 years ago.
>
> Had an outstanding night at French Laundry last night...best meal ever.
>
> Without all the tasting notes and detals last night I Crispy Cod
> Milt...had with a nice Martinelli Chardonney....The Cod Milt was
> great...them my wife laugh and said..you know milt was not mispelled for
> milk. Milt is a Cods sperm sack....sadly it was good. But don't anyone
> make fun like cod sucker. :-)
>
> Additionally, the 1/2 bottle menu was greatly expanded and there were some
> outstanding wines by the glass.
>
> Therefore, I take back any comments from a my October 2007 visit I made
> here...

Thomas Keller just published "Under Pressure" about "sous vide" cooking. The
meat is sealed in a vacuum pack, and very slowly cooked in a low temperature
water bath, as low as 1-2 degrees over the endpoint temp. I may be cooked
for a very long time, as long as 24 hours. I'm guessing you had a "sous
vide"meat dish. The bottom line is "How was it".

How much did all of this set you back in dollars. What is the corkage fee?.
We ate there a very long time ago when they did not have a corkage, and the
prix fixe was about $25!

Ed, a severe, certified tightwad

Posted to alt.food.wine

Theron wrote on Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:20:53 -0800:

> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
> m...
>> I take back anything I stated back about 1.5 years ago.
>>
>> Had an outstanding night at French Laundry last night...best meal
>> ever.
>>

> Thomas Keller just published "Under Pressure" about "sous
> vide" cooking. The meat is sealed in a vacuum pack, and very
> slowly cooked in a low temperature water bath, as low as 1-2
> degrees over the endpoint temp. I may be cooked for a very
> long time, as long as 24 hours. I'm guessing you had a "sous vide"meat
> dish. The bottom line is "How was it".

> How much did all of this set you back in dollars. What is the corkage
> fee?. We ate there a very long time ago when they did not have a
> corkage, and the prix fixe was about $25!

That must have been a very long time ago when you could make a
reservation at the French Laundry without using a "concierge" credit
card or having your secretary keep dialing. I don't have either since I
have retired and no-one's going to provide them for me :-(

I recently received an email inviting me to apply for a black Visa card
with
exclusive "privileges" of "Concierge Facilities" and an Annual Fee of
$495 (really listed as a privilege)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.wine

Actually went 2x this week. Once with my wife for dinner and then had some
entertaining to do and we had four for lunch...

Corkage is stated as $50 per bottle but they waived the fee likely because
we were there 2x in the week.

While they are not having any issues staying full, they are getting more
cancellations than normal...but have no problem filling.

All 3 of his restauants are doing the sous vide in Yountville...at Bouchon
she did have Sous Vide on a Pork Shoulder, A chicken caccatore at Ad Hoc
done that way, and there were a couple dished at Bouchon a lamb and a
Columbia River Stergion confit sous vide with kobe beef jus. Also a Rabit
Shouler sous vide stuffed with chorizo and roasted romain.

Just outstanding...and yes we were set back quite a bit. First trip was just
under $900 for 2, $1700 for 4 on second....but outstanding.

In closing, I have been buying up Bank of America Stock...so its probably
better spent at French Laundry.

"Theron" > wrote in message

> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
> m...
>>I take back anything I stated back about 1.5 years ago.
>>
>> Had an outstanding night at French Laundry last night...best meal ever.
>>
>> Without all the tasting notes and detals last night I Crispy Cod
>> Milt...had with a nice Martinelli Chardonney....The Cod Milt was
>> great...them my wife laugh and said..you know milt was not mispelled for
>> milk. Milt is a Cods sperm sack....sadly it was good. But don't anyone
>> make fun like cod sucker. :-)
>>
>> Additionally, the 1/2 bottle menu was greatly expanded and there were
>> some outstanding wines by the glass.
>>
>> Therefore, I take back any comments from a my October 2007 visit I made
>> here...
>>

> Thomas Keller just published "Under Pressure" about "sous vide" cooking.
> The meat is sealed in a vacuum pack, and very slowly cooked in a low
> temperature water bath, as low as 1-2 degrees over the endpoint temp. I
> may be cooked for a very long time, as long as 24 hours. I'm guessing you
> had a "sous vide"meat dish. The bottom line is "How was it".
>
> How much did all of this set you back in dollars. What is the corkage
> fee?. We ate there a very long time ago when they did not have a corkage,
> and the prix fixe was about $25!
>
> Ed, a severe, certified tightwad

Posted to alt.food.wine

American Express Black got me in...Centurian Concierge.

Back in Oct 2007 it was Nordstom Visa Concierge that got me in when Amex
could not.

I beleive that the softening of the economy was making it a bit easier this
time around. But I have Amex this request about 90 days out, and 60 days
out they confirmed both for me the same week.