Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '06 ABC Pinot

Jean got back into town this afternoon after an "interesting" 24 hour
trip to Nutley, NJ wherein her flights both in and out were canceled due
to weather. Tonight's dinner of takeout Thai food was accompanied by
her request for "a light, fruity red." So, down into the cellar and
back with:

2006 Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir (78% PN, 22% Mondeuse
!!!)
nose: sappy, red fruit, bright and juicy
palate: medium body, crisp acidity, fruity

Purchased a while back at Sam's for ~$18, this wine proved to hit the
spot. Simple but correct, I doubt that it will get any better than it
is today, but it's pretty tasty right now. The addition of Mondeuse is
fascinating to me and I can't help wondering if Jim Clendennen did that
to get a bit more brightness and acidity into a Sta Barbara Pinot.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '06 ABC Pinot

On Feb 13, 11:33�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Jean got back into town this afternoon after an "interesting" 24 hour
> trip to Nutley, NJ wherein her flights both in and out were canceled due
> to weather. �Tonight's dinner of takeout Thai food was accompanied by
> her request for "a light, fruity red." �So, down into the cellar and
> back with:
>
> 2006 Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir (78% PN, 22% Mondeuse
> !!!)
> nose: sappy, red fruit, bright and juicy
> palate: medium body, crisp acidity, fruity
>
> Purchased a while back at Sam's for ~$18, this wine proved to hit the
> spot. �Simple but correct, I doubt that it will get any better than it
> is today, but it's pretty tasty right now. �The addition of Mondeuse is
> fascinating to me and I can't help wondering if Jim Clendennen did that
> to get a bit more brightness and acidity into a Sta Barbara Pinot.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

thanks for notes, glad Jean made it back ok. I know it's legal, but so
unusual to have a PN with other grapes (especially Mondeuse).
Intriguing

Pinot Noir aesthete8 Wine 6 11-12-2010 04:48 PM
Pinot Grigio dickr2 Wine 24 24-11-2009 10:45 PM
Bad Pinot Bi!! Wine 0 05-03-2009 04:52 PM
Strange Pinot Leo Bueno Wine 11 12-09-2004 09:21 PM
TN NZ Pinot John Taverner Wine 7 16-03-2004 05:22 AM