Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Grace Family Vineyards Cabernet.

Have not posted for a while but wanted to know if anyone knows much of Grace
Family Vineyards. Received a nice 6 bottle case of the 2006 Cabernet Sauv,
Estate Grown.

Don't know much and cannot find much. It was a gift.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Richard Neidich wrote:
> Have not posted for a while but wanted to know if anyone knows much of Grace
> Family Vineyards. Received a nice 6 bottle case of the 2006 Cabernet Sauv,
> Estate Grown.
>
> Don't know much and cannot find much. It was a gift.

Dick,
Grace Family Vyd used to be a source for Caymus, but in the '90s they
decided to go it alone. Parker has been very effusive in his praise of
the wines, but I've never had one so can't give you any concrete
information.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 1, 10:37�pm, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
> Have not posted for a while but wanted to know if anyone knows much of Grace
> Family Vineyards. �Received a nice 6 bottle case of the 2006 Cabernet Sauv,
> Estate Grown.
>
> Don't know much and cannot find much. �It was a gift.

Big would be an understatement. Grace Family wines have always been
known for huge concentrated fruit, rich and dense with a lot of oak.
Someone must either love you very much or owe you big time. Grace
Family sells for between $300 and $450 per bottle.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Yes Bill, you are correct...someone I know wanted to show me some
appreciation for some help I provided to him...

I guess he really appreciated it!!!

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
On Feb 1, 10:37?pm, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
> Have not posted for a while but wanted to know if anyone knows much of
> Grace
> Family Vineyards. ?Received a nice 6 bottle case of the 2006 Cabernet
> Sauv,
> Estate Grown.
>
> Don't know much and cannot find much. ?It was a gift.

Big would be an understatement. Grace Family wines have always been
known for huge concentrated fruit, rich and dense with a lot of oak.
Someone must either love you very much or owe you big time. Grace
Family sells for between $300 and $450 per bottle.

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

> Richard Neidich wrote:
> > Have not posted for a while but wanted to know if anyone knows much of
> > Grace
> > Family Vineyards. Received a nice 6 bottle case of the 2006 Cabernet Sauv,
> > Estate Grown.
> >
> > Don't know much and cannot find much. It was a gift.

> Dick,
> Grace Family Vyd used to be a source for Caymus, but in the '90s they
> decided to go it alone. Parker has been very effusive in his praise of
> the wines, but I've never had one so can't give you any concrete
> information.
>
> Mark Lipton

I have had two 1999 and 2002 both enormous wines of the typical very
high priced Cali Cabs.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Well, I am glad my friend / associate chose to support the economy for me.
The note with it said, don't open for 10 years. Will last 20 more after
that.

I asked him to tell me more about it, he said its NOT a Parkerized wine.
More that Tanzer likes because its old world style.

He said its a cult wine because of quality and very small production.

Oh well...I have never had and may have to give to my kids one
day...hopefully a taste at least.

"Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message
> In article >, Mark Lipton >
> wrote:
>
>> Richard Neidich wrote:
>> > Have not posted for a while but wanted to know if anyone knows much of
>> > Grace
>> > Family Vineyards. Received a nice 6 bottle case of the 2006 Cabernet
>> > Sauv,
>> > Estate Grown.
>> >
>> > Don't know much and cannot find much. It was a gift.

>> Dick,
>> Grace Family Vyd used to be a source for Caymus, but in the '90s they
>> decided to go it alone. Parker has been very effusive in his praise of
>> the wines, but I've never had one so can't give you any concrete
>> information.
>>
>> Mark Lipton

> I have had two 1999 and 2002 both enormous wines of the typical very
> high priced Cali Cabs.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 2, 3:03�pm, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
> Well, I am glad my friend / associate chose to support the economy for me..
> The note with it said, don't open for 10 years. �Will last 20 more after
> that.
>
> I asked him to tell me more about it, he said its NOT a Parkerized wine.
> More that Tanzer likes because its old world style.
>
> He said its a cult wine because of quality and very small production.
>
> Oh well...I have never had and may have to give to my kids one
> day...hopefully a taste at least.
>
> "Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message

> > In article >, Mark Lipton >
> > wrote:

> >> Dick,
> >> � �Grace Family Vyd used to be a source for Caymus, but in the '90s they
> >> decided to go it alone. �Parker has been very effusive in his praise of
> >> the wines, but I've never had one so can't give you any concrete
> >> information.

> >> Mark Lipton

> > I have had two 1999 and 2002 both enormous wines of the typical very
> > high priced Cali Cabs.- Hide quoted text -

I have a number of bottles of Grace Family wines going back to the
early 90's and I would agree that they can last for a decade or
longer. Like most "cult" wines, they do drink very well now with lush
fruit, thick weight, and plush tannins. I do believe that they are
Parker type wines and bear little resemblence to Old World wines
except perhaps in the bit of earth that they exhibit. IMO, they are
fairly typical Napa styled wines with plenty of ripe fruit and oak.
They are delicious young (if not food friendly) and age well for 10-15
years showing complexity with age. They are certainly in the top tier
quality-wise of all California Cabs. Parker, Tanzer whatever they are
still damn fine wines. Drink and enjoy!