Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '05 Merry Edwards PN

Tonight, with a light dinner of bread, cheese and charcuterie, Jean
asked for a light-bodied red, so I opened:

2005 Merry Edwards Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
nose: smoke, stones, red fruits, caramel
palate: initially round, getting more lean as it opened, medium-light
body, well balanced

Initially, the wine was quite smoky, with an oaky underpinning, but it
quite quickly changed into a leaner, more fruit-driven wine with still a
smoky, stony element to it. Very nice in a lighter-bodied format.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

> Tonight, with a light dinner of bread, cheese and charcuterie, Jean
> asked for a light-bodied red, so I opened:
>
> 2005 Merry Edwards Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
> nose: smoke, stones, red fruits, caramel
> palate: initially round, getting more lean as it opened, medium-light
> body, well balanced
>
> Initially, the wine was quite smoky, with an oaky underpinning, but it
> quite quickly changed into a leaner, more fruit-driven wine with still a
> smoky, stony element to it. Very nice in a lighter-bodied format.
>
> Mark Lipton

One of my favorites Mark. Have you tasted the Sauvingon Blanc of theirs?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> One of my favorites Mark. Have you tasted the Sauvingon Blanc of theirs?

Absolutel-tootely, Larry. Jean and I cut our teeth on Matanzas Creek
SBs back when Merry was winemaker for them in the '80s. We visited her
"tasting room" (back before there was a real one) on our last visit to
Sonoma and tasted her '05 SB along with the Pinot I just described:
crisp, mineral, fruity with a touch of sweetness. Alas, we blew through
our small cache of the SB, though

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
>

> > One of my favorites Mark. Have you tasted the Sauvingon Blanc of theirs?

> Absolutel-tootely, Larry. Jean and I cut our teeth on Matanzas Creek
> SBs back when Merry was winemaker for them in the '80s. We visited her
> "tasting room" (back before there was a real one) on our last visit to
> Sonoma and tasted her '05 SB along with the Pinot I just described:
> crisp, mineral, fruity with a touch of sweetness. Alas, we blew through
> our small cache of the SB, though
>
> Mark Lipton

First time we went there was when they had the sort of tasting room in
Windsor. They still don't have a formal tasting room do they?