Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2005 Fleurie

Domaine Berrod 2005 Fleurie -- no further designation. I have little
experience with Cru Beaujolais wines, so I have been looking forward
to opening this wine that I bought recently at one of the local
upscale grocery markets. We opened the bottle last night and I am
finishing it off now, about 20 hours later. The aroma is a bit
different every time I take a sniff, but red berries, especially
slightly underripe strawberry, is dominant with a bit of lime.
Greenish strawberry on the palate as well, with black pepper,
charcoal, fairly sharp acidity and light tannin. Over all, I'm not
euphoric about this wine, but I like it well enough that I want to try
others of its kind.

Andy
Posted to alt.food.wine

AyTee wrote:
> Domaine Berrod 2005 Fleurie -- no further designation. I have little
> experience with Cru Beaujolais wines, so I have been looking forward
> to opening this wine that I bought recently at one of the local
> upscale grocery markets. We opened the bottle last night and I am
> finishing it off now, about 20 hours later. The aroma is a bit
> different every time I take a sniff, but red berries, especially
> slightly underripe strawberry, is dominant with a bit of lime.
> Greenish strawberry on the palate as well, with black pepper,
> charcoal, fairly sharp acidity and light tannin. Over all, I'm not
> euphoric about this wine, but I like it well enough that I want to try
> others of its kind.

Andy, I'm not familiar with that producer, but from your description it
sounds like a wine in need of food to accompany it. If you have it with
rabbit or quail, or even a roast chicken, it might come across as a
very different wine. Of course, you might already have had it with
food, in which case it might just be a somewhat overtart wine...

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 31, 8:51 pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> AyTee wrote:
> > Domaine Berrod 2005 Fleurie -- no further designation. I have little
> > experience with Cru Beaujolais wines, so I have been looking forward
> > to opening this wine that I bought recently at one of the local
> > upscale grocery markets. We opened the bottle last night and I am
> > finishing it off now, about 20 hours later. The aroma is a bit
> > different every time I take a sniff, but red berries, especially
> > slightly underripe strawberry, is dominant with a bit of lime.
> > Greenish strawberry on the palate as well, with black pepper,
> > charcoal, fairly sharp acidity and light tannin. Over all, I'm not
> > euphoric about this wine, but I like it well enough that I want to try
> > others of its kind.

> Andy, I'm not familiar with that producer, but from your description it
> sounds like a wine in need of food to accompany it. If you have it with
> rabbit or quail, or even a roast chicken, it might come across as a
> very different wine. Of course, you might already have had it with
> food, in which case it might just be a somewhat overtart wine...
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

You're probably right, Mark. I did drink it with food, but perhaps the
wrong food. It was a light supper of salad with roast chicken. The
vinaigrette would have been the spoiler.

TN: Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 08-06-2009 05:19 PM
TN: 2005 Vissoux Fleurie Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 06-08-2007 02:47 PM
TN: The Sound and the Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 05-01-2007 07:37 PM
'03 Fleurie Ed Rasimus Wine 1 30-05-2006 12:32 AM
TN: '04 Coudert Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 29-08-2005 07:27 PM