Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '03 Fleurie

Memorial Day weekend and traditional fare was on the menu. Whipped up
a batch of home-made BBQ sauce and did several slabs of baby-back ribs
on the grill. Added some baked Pinto beans (this is Texas, after all)
and a huge bowl of my personal-best potato salad. SWMBO contributed a
strawberry-rhubarb pie topped with some vanilla ice cream for the
finish.

Breaking out of the Yellowtail rut for the holiday, I stumbled upon
some Georges DuBoeuf Fleurie at Central Market on Friday. Properly
chilled and enjoyed with the spread. I'd forgotten the joys of a cru
Beaujolais, particularly in the summer. Wine was dark, almost
brownish. Hints of some spice on the nose and then a lovely light
mouth experience. More floral than fruity. Lavender and violets maybe?
Will definitely bring Bo-Jos back into the equation for the remains of
the summer season.

Central Market had a good selection of major players in the Beaujolais
business as well as some less common names to explore. Wife is well
into this mission as once she was reminded that cru Beaujolais are NOT
at all similar to Noveau Bo-Jo.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

Ed....to celebrate my fallen shipmates I too had a BBQ, which I made my
homemade Red Currant glaze on rubbed ribs, this year I found a nice Castle
Rock Sonoma Zin..... had a hot nose upon opening, let it breath for about 30
minutes and the jammy berry came out. I raise my glass to all of those that
served before me and those after me that have given their lives....... and
for those still serving "keep the faith"
Paul

TN: Fleurie and Gruner DaleW Wine 2 01-09-2010 02:52 AM
TN: Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 08-06-2009 05:19 PM
TN: '05 Coperet Fleurie Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 13-11-2007 03:17 AM
TN Fleurie -yippee DaleW Wine 0 29-08-2007 03:22 PM
TN Brun Fleurie DaleW Wine 1 07-07-2007 04:17 PM