Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir 1990

I bought the Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir 1990 shortly after
release and it has been properly stored. This is the last of 3
bottles. The wine is still holding well, but has not developed the
great complexity with age that top Burgundy often does. It still is
mainly a fairly simple, fruit driven wine, perhaps reminding me most
of black cherries. If it had been priced at about 1/2 the price I
paid, it would have been a good everyday wine. I would say the quility
was more like a top Beaujolais that will take considerable age, such
as Moulin a Vent ,than a real classic Burgundy. I quit buying west
coast US Pinot Noir many years ago, since I find most of the decent
ones overpriced for what you get. There are exceptions, but not enough
to make me change my mind yet.
Posted to alt.food.wine
JB JB is offline

I bought several bottles of the 1998 & 2000 vintages, Each scored on the low
90's by WS. Neither vintage was targeted for aging much beyond 8 - 10 years.

"cwdjrxyz" > wrote in message
>I bought the Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir 1990 shortly after
> release and it has been properly stored. This is the last of 3
> bottles. The wine is still holding well, but has not developed the
> great complexity with age that top Burgundy often does. It still is
> mainly a fairly simple, fruit driven wine, perhaps reminding me most
> of black cherries. If it had been priced at about 1/2 the price I
> paid, it would have been a good everyday wine. I would say the quility
> was more like a top Beaujolais that will take considerable age, such
> as Moulin a Vent ,than a real classic Burgundy. I quit buying west
> coast US Pinot Noir many years ago, since I find most of the decent
> ones overpriced for what you get. There are exceptions, but not enough
> to make me change my mind yet.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 26, 5:16�am, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
> I bought the �Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir 1990 shortly after
> release and it has been properly stored. This is the last of 3
> bottles. The wine is still holding well, but has not developed the
> great complexity with age that top Burgundy often does. It still is
> mainly a fairly simple, fruit driven wine, perhaps reminding me most
> of black cherries. If it had been priced at about 1/2 the price I
> paid, it would have been a good everyday wine. I would say the quility
> was more like a top Beaujolais that �will take considerable age, such
> as Moulin a Vent ,than a real classic Burgundy. I quit buying west
> coast US Pinot Noir many years ago, since I find most of the decent
> ones overpriced for what you get. There are exceptions, but not enough
> to make me change my mind yet.

I have some Domaine Drouhin from 95-98 still in my cellar. IIRC, a
few of the bottles are the Laurene bottling. I'll pop a few and see
where they are. Thanks for the reminder!