Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Some advice please even if it's OT

Hello All!

I like beer (to drink not to make) but I don't seem to be able
to find a ng that is reasonably active. Has anyone some
suggestions? Most I've looked at have about 3 posts each month.
I did not look at home-brewing groups.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.wine

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> I like beer (to drink not to make) but I don't seem to be able to find a
> ng that is reasonably active. Has anyone some suggestions? Most I've
> looked at have about 3 posts each month. I did not look at home-brewing
> groups.
>
> --
>

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> E-mail, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Technically not a ng, but this might be of some help:
http://www.chowhound.com/boards/35

Neil

Posted to alt.food.wine

Neil wrote on Wed, 14 May 2008 20:06:20 -0400:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message news:1AIWj.2595$0h.1531@trnddc02...
>> Hello All!
>>
>> I like beer (to drink not to make) but I don't seem to be
>> able to find a ng that is reasonably active. Has anyone some
>> suggestions? Most I've looked at have about 3 posts each
>> month. I did not look at home-brewing groups.

> Technically not a ng, but this might be of some help:
> http://www.chowhound.com/boards/35

Sounds interesting, I must look at it, thanks!
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.wine

See also:
http://www.wine-pages.com/cgi-bin2/u...?ubb=forum;f=5
You might like to drop by and say hello in the wine forum too

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher
Posted to alt.food.wine

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> I like beer (to drink not to make) but I don't seem to be able to find a
> ng that is reasonably active. Has anyone some suggestions? Most I've
> looked at have about 3 posts each month. I did not look at home-brewing
> groups.
>
> --
>

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

INHO the best beer, Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, made in Delaware

Posted to alt.food.wine

BD wrote on Tue, 20 May 2008 04:37:23 GMT:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message news:1AIWj.2595$0h.1531@trnddc02...
>> Hello All!
>>
>> I like beer (to drink not to make) but I don't seem to be
>> able to find a ng that is reasonably active. Has anyone some
>> suggestions? Most I've looked at have about 3 posts each
>> month. I did not look at home-brewing groups.
>>
>> --
>>
>> James Silverton
>> Potomac, Maryland
>>

> INHO the best beer, Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, made in
> Delaware

I agree; a lot of Dogfish Head beers are good tho' they tend to
be on the expensive side and sometimes plain weird like, (what
was it?) King Midas Beer! San Francisco Anchor Steam Beer is
good too if expensive around here.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.wine

James Silverton wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I like beer (to drink not to make) but I don't seem to be able to find a
> ng that is reasonably active. Has anyone some suggestions? Most I've
> looked at have about 3 posts each month. I did not look at home-brewing
> groups.

Hi James,
I'm not a Bud lite person, so I'm always looking for local/regional brews.
Here in the Midwest, we have the New Glarus Brewing Co. (only available in
Wisconsin). Whenever we cross the border into Wisconsin, we'll pick up
some New Glarus Uff-da (dark), Spotted Cow (Ale), and a few other seasonal
brews. If no other good beers are available, I'll have a properly poured Guinness.

Dick in Minnesota, USA
Posted to alt.food.wine

Dick wrote on Tue, 20 May 2008 13:14:28 -0500:

>> Hello All!
>>
>> I like beer (to drink not to make) but I don't seem to be
>> able to find a ng that is reasonably active. Has anyone some
>> suggestions? Most I've looked at have about 3 posts each
>> month. I did not look at home-brewing groups.
>>

> Hi James,
> I'm not a Bud lite person, so I'm always looking for
> local/regional brews. Here in the Midwest, we have the New
> Glarus Brewing Co. (only available in Wisconsin). Whenever we
> cross the border into Wisconsin, we'll pick up some New Glarus
> Uff-da (dark), Spotted Cow (Ale), and a few other seasonal
> brews. If no other good beers are available, I'll have a
> properly poured Guinness.

I've appreciated some of those and I like Guinness too. I'm
perhaps a heretic there since I prefer bottled Guinness Export
to draft Guinness :-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article <ZsCYj.3866$HJ5.3361@trnddc01>,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> BD wrote on Tue, 20 May 2008 04:37:23 GMT:
>

> > "James Silverton" > wrote in
> > message news:1AIWj.2595$0h.1531@trnddc02...
> >> Hello All!
> >>
> >> I like beer (to drink not to make) but I don't seem to be
> >> able to find a ng that is reasonably active. Has anyone some
> >> suggestions? Most I've looked at have about 3 posts each
> >> month. I did not look at home-brewing groups.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> James Silverton
> >> Potomac, Maryland
> >>

> > INHO the best beer, Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, made in
> > Delaware

> I agree; a lot of Dogfish Head beers are good tho' they tend to
> be on the expensive side and sometimes plain weird like, (what
> was it?) King Midas Beer! San Francisco Anchor Steam Beer is
> good too if expensive around here.

*
Anchor Steam Beer! My favorite -- of course I live in the San Francisco
Bay area. It is about $6 or $7 per six-pack.

Fritz Maytag bought an old pre-prohibition brewery in SF and made it
into what we have today.

Fritz, if I counted correctly, is the fourth generation of the
well-known Amana, Iowa Maytag family. Maytag I was the washing-machine
maven. Maytag II followed his father in the business.

Maytag III makes cheese -- and it's damn good. Maytag blue is one of my
favorite cheeses.

And Fritz is Maytag IV.

I was not particularly impressed by their Summer Wheat beer. But their
standard is my standard.

earle
*

need some advice sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 23-08-2012 01:20 AM
Need advice Pits09 General Cooking 6 16-11-2009 04:01 PM
SOS , Need Advice Dana L General 1 22-12-2008 10:00 PM
Advice Brian Mailman Preserving 3 02-04-2005 12:00 AM
Superauto advice (UK based but any advice on machines appreciated) Copterman Coffee 5 24-12-2004 07:47 PM