Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2005 Domaine de la Veuve-Poignet

2005 Domaine de la Veuve-Poignet, cuvee "Les Deux Orphelines"

I was alone when I had this one.

Nose: very off-putting, somewhat pungent, not sure if this was a flaw
or not. Smelled a hint of chlorine.

Palatte: a touch briney, but overall it was dense and creamy,
definitely had a lot of contact with wood.

Finish: fairly cloying and sticky

Overall impressions: not entirely satisfying, left me wanting for
something more, but it did the job for the moment. Wines from this
domaine are starting to rub off on me. Caveat: this was rather warm
when served.

I hear that their flagship wine, "Maitre du Domaine", while perhaps
overly hedonistic when young, becomes much more restrained with age.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 1, 7:10�am, Claude Magnon > wrote:
> 2005 Domaine de la Veuve-Poignet, cuvee "Les Deux Orphelines"
>
> I was alone when I had this one.
>
> Nose: �very off-putting, somewhat pungent, not sure if this was a flaw
> or not. �Smelled a hint of chlorine.
>
> Palatte: �a touch briney, but overall it was dense and creamy,
> definitely had a lot of contact with wood.
>
> Finish: �fairly cloying and sticky
>
> Overall impressions: �not entirely satisfying, left me wanting for
> something more, but it did the job for the moment. �Wines from this
> domaine are starting to rub off on me. �Caveat: this was rather warm
> when served.
>
> I hear that their flagship wine, "Maitre du Domaine", while perhaps
> overly hedonistic when young, becomes much more restrained with age.

Where is this from? Thanks!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 1, 7:05�pm, Christopher Sprague > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > Where is this from? Thanks!

> If I had to guess, I'd say it's Appellation Poisson d'Avril Contr�l�e...
>
> --
> To e-mail me, replace the domain name with "roadrunner.com"

Ick, love AF jokes, don't like ones that are gross.
Just replied as I had no clue from glancing at name, didn't read note
(and wish I never had).
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/index