Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Lambrusco in NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/di...ng&oref=slogin

free registration required

--
Dale Williams
Executive Director
Midnight Run, Inc.
http://www.midnightrun.org
97 Main Street
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
(914)693-7817 Fax (914)693-9447
Midnight Run is a not-for-profit that has been bringing together volunteers
and the homeless poor since 1984.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:14:43 -0400, "DALE WILLIAMS"
> wrote:

>http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/di...ng&oref=slogin

Better Lambrusco is served in many Bologna restaurants.

Lambrusco is/was the basis for the profits to create the Banfi
fortunes
Posted to alt.food.wine

DALE WILLIAMS wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/di...ng&oref=slogin

Thanks for posting this link, a very good article.
Moreover, reading things like this make me happy:
"Real lambrusco has as much to do with the candied industrial stuff
as assembly-line Beaujolais nouveau resembles good cru Morgon."
How true!

> free registration required

Looks like I have been lucky, no request for login
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to alt.food.wine

Vilco wrote:
> DALE WILLIAMS wrote:
>

>>http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/di...ng&oref=slogin

> Thanks for posting this link, a very good article.
> Moreover, reading things like this make me happy:
> "Real lambrusco has as much to do with the candied industrial stuff
> as assembly-line Beaujolais nouveau resembles good cru Morgon."
> How true!

Vilco,
Eric Asimov, the wine writer for the Times, is a true winegeek (I
mean that in a positive sense) and as written many insightful articles
on the lesser-known wines of Europe, such as Muscadet from the Loire,
Cru Beaujolais and now Lambrusco. He seems to have a real apprecation
for delicacy and food-friendliness in wine, which is what makes him so
dangerous to other American winegeeks. If enough people listen to him,
we might be paying for Cru Beaujolais or Lambrusco what people now pay
for Bordeaux or Bourgogne? ;-)

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

DALE WILLIAMS wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/di...ng&oref=slogin

One of the last lambrusco quoted in the article has a typo in the name:
"Villa di Carlo" actually is "Villa di Corlo", and I agree it is a very nice
wine.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

[TN] Rinaldini Lambrusco Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 6 26-11-2009 05:14 PM
TN Lambrusco by the river DaleW Wine 2 16-08-2007 03:40 PM
Is Lambrusco A Serious Wine? Raymond Wine 12 23-10-2006 08:31 PM
Lambrusco Juice-Help Wino-Nouveau Winemaking 1 07-10-2006 07:53 PM
"Iced Tea" myth again; Historical NY Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune for $50 Barry Popik Historic 0 30-05-2004 07:08 AM