Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Rinaldini Lambrusco

After such sage advice from this group, I come home tonight to find that
Jean has made lasagne Bolognese and chilled the Rinaldini Lambrusco
Grasparossa "Vecchio Moro." Not being one to put her off any
inspiration, I assented to the choice and we opened it

nose: initially grapey, turning more savory in an herbal vein with time
palate: vivacious, firm mousse, crisp acidity, slightly off-dry, fine
grained tannins

Indeed, this is fun wine! I remind Jean of the Riunite of her youth,
and we both agree that there is no family resemblance whatsoever to this
wine. As the bottle sits open, it goes from very grapey to a more
savory and subdued wine with herbal overtones. If anything, it gets
drier with time, too.

Fun, fun, fun!
Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Ed wrote on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:38:26 -0600:

>> After such sage advice from this group, I come home tonight
>> to find that Jean has made lasagne Bolognese and chilled the
>> Rinaldini Lambrusco Grasparossa "Vecchio Moro." Not being
>> one to put her off any inspiration, I assented to the choice
>> and we opened it
>>
>> nose: initially grapey, turning more savory in an herbal vein
>> with time palate: vivacious, firm mousse, crisp acidity,
>> slightly off-dry, fine grained tannins
>>
>> Indeed, this is fun wine! I remind Jean of the Riunite of
>> her youth, and we both agree that there is no family
>> resemblance whatsoever to this wine. As the bottle sits
>> open, it goes from very grapey to a more savory and subdued
>> wine with herbal overtones. If anything, it gets drier with
>> time, too.
>>
>> Fun, fun, fun!
>> Mark Lipton

> Lambrusco always screams "PIZZA!" to me, but lasagne Bolognese
> is a better idea. I'll agree with your derogatory reference to
> the bulk offerings from Riunite. Might trigger some
> reminscenses of Lancer, Mateus and Blue Nun from our formative
> years.

In passing, I saw some Blue Nun in my local County Liquor Store. They
were asking more than $10 a bottle, on a par with very superior NZ
wines. A German friend of mine, many years ago, had a fit of
uncontrollable laughter when he first saw Blue Nun being offered
seriously in a British wine store instead of a grocer's.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.wine

Ed Rasimus wrote:

> Lambrusco always screams "PIZZA!" to me, but lasagne Bolognese is

> better idea. I'll agree with your derogatory reference to the bulk
> offerings from Riunite. Might trigger some reminscenses of Lancer,
> Mateus and Blue Nun from our formative years.

I totally agree, and I'm really glad for the improvement in wines
here around. Riunite did much for lambrusco, but in the 70's and
80's they did very much at the detriment of this wine. Thanks to a
decades long improvement in winemaking and in the public's wine
knowledge, things are way better now than in the 80's. And don't
think they were selling better lambrusco here in Italy: they soldo
almost only total plonk bougth by totally clueless costumers who
knew zero about wine. The few ones who knew wine were rolling theyr
own or buying from friends. Thank goodness now things have changed,
people who can distinguish between a plonk and a nice lambrusco are
always more in number and lambruscos which you can call Lambrusco
are always more. The only thing that Riunite saved us from, is the
fruit-flavored lambrusco. That one, they didn't succeed in selling
it here.
What about wine and food pairing with an apricot flavoured
lambrusco? LOL
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to alt.food.wine

Mark Lipton wrote:

> After such sage advice from this group, I come home tonight to

find
> that Jean has made lasagne Bolognese and chilled the Rinaldini
> Lambrusco Grasparossa "Vecchio Moro." Not being one to put her

off
> any inspiration, I assented to the choice and we opened it
>
> nose: initially grapey, turning more savory in an herbal vein with
> time palate: vivacious, firm mousse, crisp acidity, slightly

off-dry,
> fine grained tannins
>
> Indeed, this is fun wine! I remind Jean of the Riunite of her

youth,
> and we both agree that there is no family resemblance whatsoever

> this wine. As the bottle sits open, it goes from very grapey to a
> more savory and subdued wine with herbal overtones. If anything,

it
> gets drier with time, too.
>
> Fun, fun, fun!

Glad you enjoyed it, Mark. I had one just yesterday and I'm loving
it. It's got just the level of tannins I like in a Lambrusco.
Nowadays it is increasingly easier to find more tannic lambrusco
bottles, some are IMHO way too tanninic (or tannic?).
One guesses where all this tannin is coming from... Anyway,
lambrusco is a wide playing field, today there's a really wide range
of options in its name.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza
qualcosa da bere a portata di mano
Anche tu puoi diventare lebisca se lecchi il tappeto

Posted to alt.food.wine

"ViLco" > skrev i melding
> Vilco
> Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza
> qualcosa da bere a portata di mano
> Anche tu puoi diventare lebisca se lecchi il tappeto

lebisca se lecchi ? Could someone translate that?

Anders

Posted to alt.food.wine

Anders Tørneskog wrote:

>> Anche tu puoi diventare lebisca se lecchi il tappeto

> lebisca se lecchi ? Could someone translate that?

ROTFL, that line contains a typo, it should have read "lesbica", which you
can obviously guess
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rosè

Posted to alt.food.wine

Ed Rasimus wrote:

> Next week is the traditonal American gluttony fest, Thanksgiving which
> features roasted stuffed Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes/yams
> in a brown sugar butter sauce, cranberry relish, turkey gravy possibly
> with giblets, a sort of green vegetable (save us from green bean
> casserole with canned mushroom soup and sort-of deep fried onion
> ringlets ala tin-tan), and afterward pumpkin and/or mince meat pie.
>
> The feast usually features a white wine such as Riesling, but maybe
> gewurtz or a lighter red like fruity Calif. PN or beaujolais. Pinot
> Grigio or gris might be an alternative.
>
> But, what about Lambrusco? Light, fruity, slightly rustic, frizzante?
> Why not?

[salivating]
Sure, I see lambrusco fitting in, there. And if the turkey's not too spicy,
even a rose' one: in this area I stick to Venturini Baldini's rose'.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rosè

TN Lambrusco by the river DaleW Wine 2 16-08-2007 03:40 PM
Lambrusco in NY Times DALE WILLIAMS Wine 4 20-07-2007 08:02 AM
Is Lambrusco A Serious Wine? Raymond Wine 12 23-10-2006 08:31 PM
Lambrusco Juice-Help Wino-Nouveau Winemaking 1 07-10-2006 07:53 PM
Curious about Lambrusco in the US, UK and Australia Vilco Wine 6 28-01-2005 02:39 PM