Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN 2001 ESJ Los Robles Viejos

2001 Edmunds St. John "Los Robles Viejos"
(Syrah-Mourvedre-Grenache-Counoise, 14.2% ABV, $14.99)

We just opened our first bottle of this tonight, with venison-black bean
chili. Our first impression was of alcohol, but after a bit of time,
there was more dark berry fruit, pencil lead, a hint of spices and a bit
of butterscotch developing late. There was a good spine of acidity, and
the overall weight was perfect for a heavy summer meal.
Stylistically, this reminded me most of a Ridge Lytton Springs with some
age on it or one of Bill Easton's Cotes de L'Ouest, similar GSM(C)
melange. Had I been tasting this blind, I probably would have gone for
Syrah or Zin and been befuddled as to location. Many thanks to Bill
Paumen for both bringing these wines into the state and alerting me to
their presence.

Mark Lipton

Paso Robles Fred[_2_] Wine 2 28-05-2008 01:11 AM
TN: 2001 Ridge Paso Robles Zinfandel Mark Lipton Wine 9 16-01-2007 07:49 AM
[FAQ] 3d. Paso Robles Mark Lipton Wine 8 11-10-2006 09:47 PM
Paso Robles Trip Gary Wine 7 07-09-2006 07:59 PM
Paso Robles winemonger Wine 7 19-04-2004 01:07 AM