Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Saint Clair Marlborough 2006 SB

Last night was extravagance night back at the ranch.I pulled out a 1 lb.
refrigerated can of Indonesian Lump Crabmeat, some fresh Mexican asparagus,
and Indian Basmati Rice to accompany a trial of Saint Clair Marlborough
2006 Sauvignon Blanc.

All of the above came from Costco. I have said "Was there life before
Costco" so many times that perhaps I should just utilize the abbreviation
WTLBC in the future?

In the event that anyone is worrying, I translated the Indonesian script
on the can of crabmeat, and it read:

"Kosher for Passover."

This particular screw top was quite reticent. It took several passes with
a waiter's friend knife blade on the thick foil before it yielded to the
application of my mighty biceps unscrewing the top. What greeted my
nostrils was pure perfume. This particular SB had less of the citrus that
I have come to expect from this region, although there was an
slight overtone of grapefruit. The most prominent element was what I would
be reminded of was Passion Fruit.

The wine maker's notes on the back label stated:

"Best enjoyed now or within two years of vintage date."

I shall accept his judgment, and only hope that Costco has more of this
when we return to the big city tomorrow. I would give it an unhesitating
"17" on the Davis 20 point scale,

Godzilla