Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wine storage 200 bottle

I have an unused shower in my basement. Is it worth converting into a wine
storage area, or am I better off just buying a 200 bottle or so wine storage
unit? If I were to buy a unit, are there recommended manufacturers?
Thansk. Steve in Chicagoland

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 27, 3:29�pm, "Steven Lipson" > wrote:
> I have an unused shower in my basement. *Is it worth converting into a wine
> storage area, or am I better off just buying a 200 bottle or so wine storage
> unit? *If I were to buy a unit, are there recommended manufacturers?
> Thansk. *Steve in Chicagoland

To guess whether this would practical or not, we'd need to know:
what is temperature range of rest of basement?
Is the shower situated so you could install insulation around (either
within existing studs, adding a wall, or attaching rigid insulation),
or large enough you could install interior insulation and still have
room for racking?
Is it by an exterior wall- and if so, below grade?

A shower wouldn't be my first choice- tile or plastic walls, need to
install door, etc, but could work.

I won a bottle of wine as a door prize at a recent wine tasting Dickr Wine 2 16-09-2011 11:17 PM
Empty Champagne or wine bottle as oil bottle and vented pourer Manda Ruby General Cooking 18 11-10-2010 09:02 PM
Wine storage Dead Dick Wine 11 10-06-2009 09:39 PM
Wine in Box Bladders for Wine Storage gerald Wine 0 25-08-2004 01:31 PM
bottle storage Joe Giller Winemaking 2 29-10-2003 04:47 AM