Posted to alt.food.wine

Default I won a bottle of wine as a door prize at a recent wine tasting

Col Di Sasso Toscana Cab Sangiovese blend 2009 Banfi on the label.
Has anyone tried this? The obvious solution would be for me to
pop the cork and taste it, but the problem is the bottle contains
5 liters and I don't have that many wine drinking friends.
Any thoughts?

Dick
Posted to alt.food.wine

I haven't had this vintage, but it's generally a soft approachable red, about $8-10 for 750. I'd expect if kept cool it would last a few years in big format, but it's not really a wine designed to age, and doubt there would be any improvement. Best solution is open at a party (doesn't have to be winegeeks, not really a winegeek type of wine, but bet everyone would get a kick out of big bottle).
If that doesn't appeal, I guess you could lineup some 375 or 750 bottles (screwcap a bonus), uncork, and quickly refill smaller bottles and reseal.If you refrigerated probably would hold decently if you don't mind drinking same wine every night for a while.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 9/16/2011 3:07 PM, DaleW wrote:
> I haven't had this vintage, but it's generally a soft approachable red, about $8-10 for 750. I'd expect if kept cool it would last a few years in big format, but it's not really a wine designed to age, and doubt there would be any improvement. Best solution is open at a party (doesn't have to be winegeeks, not really a winegeek type of wine, but bet everyone would get a kick out of big bottle).
> If that doesn't appeal, I guess you could lineup some 375 or 750 bottles (screwcap a bonus), uncork, and quickly refill smaller bottles and reseal.If you refrigerated probably would hold decently if you don't mind drinking same wine every night for a while.

Thanks Dale,
I always appreciate your thoughts and posts. I guess I'll have a couple
of years to figure out what to do with this bottle. In the mean time,
I'll cradle it with a towel and lay it on the cool basement floor.

Dick