Posted to alt.food.wine

Default what to expect from this champagne?

A friend has asked about a bottle of champagne he received as a gift.
He's just trying to find out the right use for it I think, certainly not
interested in value. Anyway, I've never heard of it, thought to ask here.

Comte Audoin de Dampierre, Cuvée des Ambassadeurs, premiere cru.

Anyone know it? TIA.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Posted to alt.food.wine

Emery Davis > wrote in
:

> A friend has asked about a bottle of champagne he received as a gift.
> He's just trying to find out the right use for it I think, certainly
> not interested in value. Anyway, I've never heard of it, thought to
> ask here.
>
> Comte Audoin de Dampierre, Cuvée des Ambassadeurs, premiere cru.

Comte Audoin de Dampierre is, according to Richard Juhlin's "4000
Champagnes", a quite new Champagne house (dating from 1980). They do not
own vineyards and operate as a Negociant-Manipulant, bottling their own
wine in Avize, even if the maison is in Chenay.

The count is a Champagne lover and makes the wine for his own taste, not
for the business, and Richard Juhlin seems to like it quite a lot. He rates
the Cuvée des Ambassadeurs with 77 points but this is actually a good note
from Juhlin (he is very conservative with ratings). This cuvée should be
50% PN and 50% CH.

On a note side, this house has produced a Champagne set that fits in some
space of an Aston Martin car model, a brand of cars that the count
patronizes. And this is, IMHO, a good proxy for taste!!!

I would like to try this Champagne, fwiw.

S.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 30 Dec 2006 22:22:01 +0100
Santiago > wrote:

[]
> I would like to try this Champagne, fwiw.

Thanks very much Santiago. Best for the new year to
you and yours.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom
by removing the well known companies

Posted to alt.food.wine
JT JT is offline

"Emery Davis" > wrote in message
>A friend has asked about a bottle of champagne he received as a gift.
> He's just trying to find out the right use for it I think, certainly not
> interested in value. Anyway, I've never heard of it, thought to ask here.
>
> Comte Audoin de Dampierre, Cuvée des Ambassadeurs, premiere cru.

Emery
see
http://www.drinkon.com/Details/CH20057/Detail/Champagne

It was featured on a recent BBC TV series with Oz Clarke trying to teach
vinostine James May some basics about wine appreciation, a bit "Sideways"
but a good laugh.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:45:33 GMT
"JT" > wrote:

> "Emery Davis" > wrote in message
> >A friend has asked about a bottle of champagne he received as a gift.
> > He's just trying to find out the right use for it I think, certainly not
> > interested in value. Anyway, I've never heard of it, thought to ask here.
> >
> > Comte Audoin de Dampierre, Cuvée des Ambassadeurs, premiere cru.
> >

> Emery
> see
> http://www.drinkon.com/Details/CH20057/Detail/Champagne
>
> It was featured on a recent BBC TV series with Oz Clarke trying to teach
> vinostine James May some basics about wine appreciation, a bit "Sideways"
> but a good laugh.

Thanks John, and cheers for the New Year. Sorry to hear about the flu, it
is fierce down here too. I've been fighting (and winning so far) to stay at
the "bad cold" level; hasn't helped with the holiday bottles though.

-E