Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Piedmont, Sonoma, Beaujolais

With a dish of braised chicken with red wine,mushrooms, artichokes,
bacon, etc the 2001 Cascina Luisin "Maggiur" Langhe Nebbiolo. Slightly
lifted nose (a plus in Nebbiolo to me if not overwhelming) , ripe and
forward but with some tannins. Deep dark fruit (dark color for Nebbiolo
too). I'd describe as new-wave based on fruit profile, but there's not
any discernable new oak. I really enjoy, but this was expensive for
non-B Nebbiolo. But that might be a function of the high-priced store
where I bought (I was using a gift certificate), as I see a '99 Rabaja
from this producer for only few dollars more. B/B+

Opened the same night the 2004 Pierre-Marie Chermette (Domaine de
Vissoux) "Rochgres" Moulin-a-Vent . Rather big structured Gamay, this
could pass for a sturdier Bourgogne except for that
floral/bonemeal/geranium thing I only usually get from Gamay (I don't
know what it is, but it reminds me of greenhouses). Nice pure black
cherry fruit, this is better on day 2. The greenhouse thing fades and I
could easily miss this and declare it Burgundy on the second day. Good
minerally finish, nice body, good wine. B+

The second day the Beaujolais was with a mushroom risotto, as the
Moulin a Vent finished I opened a half-bottle of 2004 La Crema Pinot
Noir (Sonoma Coast). I've seen this touted as a QPR winner, but for me
it's more a confectionary loser. It's not especially oaky, but almost
offensively sweet. I try again tonight, no improvement, to the vinegar
crock! C+

TN: Burgs, Beaujolais, Alto Adige, Piedmont DaleW Wine 8 13-03-2015 07:31 PM
Ping: aem &/or piedmont - re paella recipe posted by piedmont Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 7 13-02-2010 09:14 PM
Hey Piedmont! BOB[_9_] Barbecue 11 29-07-2008 08:37 PM
Piedmont Larry Barbecue 3 22-09-2005 10:10 PM
Sonoma Winemakers Add your Sonoma Valley Community Listing Jeff Winemaking 0 11-02-2005 01:46 AM