Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN Chateau Talbot 1970

The Chateau Talbot 1970 had been properly stored since shortly after
release. The cork sas sound and the fill was barely below the neck.

There is still considerable deep color with a bit of brick now showing
around the rim. The wine needs drinking fairly soon. It is beginning to
lose a bit of fruit and likely will dry out fairly soon. It is a decent
wine with no important faults, but there are no special merits to get
excited about either. There are still much better 70s out there, but
there are many, especially from Margaux, that are much worse. It now
works well with food, but I would not enjoy drinking it alone. I only
bought 2 bottles of this wine many years ago, so my tasting note may
not be typical of the average quality.

TN Chateau Palmer 1970 cwdjrxyz Wine 5 12-01-2010 10:39 PM
TN Chateau d'Yquem 1970 cwdjrxyz Wine 0 26-10-2009 03:44 AM
1995 Chateau Talbot Bi!! Wine 0 21-07-2007 06:26 PM
TN Chateau d'Yquem 1970 [email protected] Wine 1 28-11-2005 02:09 PM
1970 Chateau Margaux Dr. Dog General 9 30-12-2004 07:37 AM