allan

Default Good Vegiburger

The garden burgers are not very good in my opinion, is there a better
brand out there.
Richard Crowley

"allan" wrote ...
> The garden burgers are not very good in my opinion, is there a better
> brand out there.

If you are looking for mass-marketed brands, try "Boca Burger"
C. James Strutz

"allan" > wrote in message
> The garden burgers are not very good in my opinion, is there a better
> brand out there.

I like Morningstar veggie burgers.
Ruddell

In > Will Yardley wrote:
> On 2005-03-17, allan > wrote:
>
>> The garden burgers are not very good in my opinion, is there a better
>> brand out there.

> I like the "Amy's" "California Veggie Burger" ones pretty well.
>
> Sometimes I take the "Gimme Lean" fake ground beef stuff and make that
> into patties.
>
> I'm not a big Gardenburger fan either- but they do make a lot of
> different types, and some are a lot better than others.

I've never tried a veggie burger and never thought to bother. But this
thread has got me curious so it's time to give it a go. Will have to
put them down on our next shopping list. Not sure what brands we have
in Canada, but maybe someone here might have a suggestion too?

> Remember, too, that condiments are super important with veggie burgers.
> My favorites are fake mayo, tempeh bacon (cooked nice and crispy),
> whole grain mustard, ketchup, avocado, pickles, grilled or caramelized
> sweet onions. I also suggest putting margarine or something on the
> buns, and cooking or grilling them (you can just use the oil in the
> pan if you avoid hydrogenated oil), or at least toasting them a bit in
> the pan.

Right!

--
Cheers

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply
Jimmy'Z

allan wrote:
> The garden burgers are not very good in my opinion, is there a better
> brand out there.

Amy's Texas Burgers are also great.

jmk

On 4/29/2005 3:57 AM, Jimmy'Z wrote:
> allan wrote:
>
>> The garden burgers are not very good in my opinion, is there a better
>> brand out there.

> Amy's Texas Burgers are also great.

Out of curiousity, are they vegan? I have a friend that is coming to
visit and she is vegan...

--
jmk in NC