Meridith Merck

Default Healthy pasta

I'm looking for a "healthy pasta". You know, one with added nutrition.
But I don't want one that's gritty or tastes like cardboard or whatever
other pitfalls you get. I know, picky picky, but if anyone has a good
suggestion, that would be great!
TIA
Don Quinoa

Meridith Merck wrote:
> I'm looking for a "healthy pasta".

The best one we've tasted and cooked with so far is Buckwheat pasta
from orgran in Australia.

When I was at The vegetarian society I was approached by someone with
Pasta fortified with Soya from the USA but I don't know what happened
to it.

You could also try Japanese noodles made with beans rather than rice or
wheat.

You can make pasta healthier and lower total GI/GL by making sure you
eat the pasta with lots of protein rich foods.

Good Luck

Tony - http://www.foodsforlife.org.uk