Kake L Pugh

Default Simple stuffed mushrooms

Part of today's lunch... a couple of large flat mushrooms, washed and
then stuffed with some reconstituted veggie sausage mix ("Sosmix"),
and baked in the oven until the mushrooms were juicy and the topping
browned. Served with a tomato salad.

Kake
Ross Clement

Kake L Pugh > wrote in message >...
> Part of today's lunch... a couple of large flat mushrooms, washed and
> then stuffed with some reconstituted veggie sausage mix ("Sosmix"),
> and baked in the oven until the mushrooms were juicy and the topping
> browned. Served with a tomato salad.

When you "stuffed" the mushrooms, did you hollow out the mushrooms and
then do something with the hollowed out bits (e.g. mix them with the
sosmix), or did you just bung the sosmix on top of the mushrooms?

Your receipe sounds like the kind of thing I cook. Only a few short
minutes of preparation, and few enough ingredients to count on one
hand.

It also reminded me of what I did one christmas. I managed to buy a
really huge mushroom at my local veggie shop. I made a christmas roast
by piling veggie sausages and stuffing on top of the mushroom,
wrapping it with puff pastry, and then cooking. Wasn't bad.

Cheers,

Ross-c
Ross Clement

Kake L Pugh > wrote in message >...
> Part of today's lunch... a couple of large flat mushrooms, washed and
> then stuffed with some reconstituted veggie sausage mix ("Sosmix"),
> and baked in the oven until the mushrooms were juicy and the topping
> browned. Served with a tomato salad.

When you "stuffed" the mushrooms, did you hollow out the mushrooms and
then do something with the hollowed out bits (e.g. mix them with the
sosmix), or did you just bung the sosmix on top of the mushrooms?

Your receipe sounds like the kind of thing I cook. Only a few short
minutes of preparation, and few enough ingredients to count on one
hand.

It also reminded me of what I did one christmas. I managed to buy a
really huge mushroom at my local veggie shop. I made a christmas roast
by piling veggie sausages and stuffing on top of the mushroom,
wrapping it with puff pastry, and then cooking. Wasn't bad.

Cheers,

Ross-c
Kake L Pugh

Ross Clement > wrote:
> When you "stuffed" the mushrooms, did you hollow out the mushrooms and
> then do something with the hollowed out bits (e.g. mix them with the
> sosmix), or did you just bung the sosmix on top of the mushrooms?

I took off the stems (and used them in something else, I forget what)
and then just put the sosmix on top of the mushrooms, mounding it up a bit.

> It also reminded me of what I did one christmas. I managed to buy a
> really huge mushroom at my local veggie shop. I made a christmas roast
> by piling veggie sausages and stuffing on top of the mushroom,
> wrapping it with puff pastry, and then cooking. Wasn't bad.

Yes, I'd considered wrapping these in pastry.

Kake
Kake L Pugh