Paul

Default about to fry for first time, okay to reuse the oil?

Hi All

I want to make breaded vegs using a deep fryer or pan depending on how much
I'll make.

After the cooking should/could I rebottle the used oil or does one discard
it? (I may want to fry more the next day)
TIA!
<paul>

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:02:22 GMT, "Paul"
> took a very strange color crayon
and scribbled:

>After the cooking should/could I rebottle the used oil or does one discard
>it? (I may want to fry more the next day)

You can filter it through a paper towel to get any bits out and reuse
it, yes.

I've used funnels and put in a custom-cut paper towel after folding it
into fourths, but filter paper as used in chemistry would work too.

--
Therese Shellabarger / The Roving Reporter - Civis Mundi
/ http://tlshell.cnc.net/
Frogleg

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:02:22 GMT, "Paul"
> wrote:

>I want to make breaded vegs using a deep fryer or pan depending on how much
>I'll make.
>
>After the cooking should/could I rebottle the used oil or does one discard
>it? (I may want to fry more the next day)

Strain the oil, and put it back in the bottle. Be sure you don't use
it for fine salad dressing. :-) Depending on what you're cooking, you
can re-use oil several times. However, at deep-fry temperatures, it
gradually "breaks down" (don't have the specifics right now), and
becomes unsuitable. Re-using once or twice should be no problem.
Pine106887

To use the next day, I rebottle the oil in a new bottle, do NOT mix it with
unused oil. And I only reuse it once, then dispose of safely (not down the
drain).

pine
Starve a troll, feed a fever, that's my motto.