Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Why am I so stupid?

I know a vegan diet is the right way to go. I never buy any meat but I did
buy some salmon in cans the other day so I thought that an once or two a day
is ok but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco bell.
I don't think I want to die but I think I'm headed that way. I know I need
to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of every 3. Why,
picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no reason.
Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right. Maybe a heart
attack might do it, buy I need to get it together before that happens. I
know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do. Maybe a
good swift kick in my ass might help.

Thanks
Richard

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Richard Miller whined about his eating disorder:
> I know a vegan diet is the right way to go.

Right way for *what* to go?

> I never buy any meat but I did
> buy some salmon in cans

Then you lied when you wrote that you never buy any meat. What the hell
do you think salmon is, Dicky?

> the other day so I thought that an once or two a day
> is ok

Why wouldn't it be? Why wouldn't it be okay to eat anything in
moderation? That's your problem in a nutshell, Dicky: you have no
concept of moderation.

> but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco bell.

Your grammar is pathetic, but your eating disorder is of more concern.
So is the fact that you seek advice over usenet.

> I don't think I want to die

You have to think about that?

> but I think I'm headed that way.

Last time I checked, we all are.

> I know I need
> to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of every 3.

Estrogen? Clomid?

> Why,
> picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no reason.

No thanks. Wuss.

> Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right.

You can stop with the "vegan is the right way to go" brainwashing. Eat
what you want within reason and in moderation. Quit being such a girl.

> Maybe a heart attack might do it,

Drama queen.

> buy I need to get it together before that happens.

You need to get it together, period.

> I know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do.

So you don't have an idea at 58 years-old... lame.

> Maybe a
> good swift kick in my ass might help.

Or in the balls, if you had any. Pansy.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

usual suspect wrote:
> Richard Miller whined about his eating disorder:
> > I know a vegan diet is the right way to go.

> Right way for *what* to go?
>
> > I never buy any meat but I did
> > buy some salmon in cans

> Then you lied when you wrote that you never buy any meat. What the hell
> do you think salmon is, Dicky?

Fish.

> > the other day so I thought that an once or two a day
> > is ok

> Why wouldn't it be? Why wouldn't it be okay to eat anything in
> moderation? That's your problem in a nutshell, Dicky: you have no
> concept of moderation.
>
> > but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco bell.

> Your grammar is pathetic, but your eating disorder is of more concern.
> So is the fact that you seek advice over usenet.

Richard, usual is right on this. You ought to seek professional
help.

> > I don't think I want to die

> You have to think about that?
>
> > but I think I'm headed that way.

> Last time I checked, we all are.
>
> > I know I need
> > to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of every 3.

> Estrogen? Clomid?
>
> > Why,
> > picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no reason.

> No thanks. Wuss.
>
> > Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right.

> You can stop with the "vegan is the right way to go" brainwashing. Eat
> what you want within reason and in moderation. Quit being such a girl.
>
> > Maybe a heart attack might do it,

> Drama queen.
>
> > buy I need to get it together before that happens.

> You need to get it together, period.
>
> > I know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do.

> So you don't have an idea at 58 years-old... lame.

Sympathy, compassion and usual suspect. They just don't go together do
they.

> > Maybe a
> > good swift kick in my ass might help.

> Or in the balls, if you had any. Pansy.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> usual suspect wrote:
>> Richard Miller whined about his eating disorder:
>> > I know a vegan diet is the right way to go.

>> Right way for *what* to go?
>>
>> > I never buy any meat but I did
>> > buy some salmon in cans

>> Then you lied when you wrote that you never buy any meat. What
>> the hell
>> do you think salmon is, Dicky?

> Fish.

======================
So, fish isn't meat now Dave? Is it plant or mineral? We really
need to know.

snip...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Dave wrote:
> usual suspect wrote:
>
>>Richard Miller whined about his eating disorder:
>>
>>>I know a vegan diet is the right way to go.

>>Right way for *what* to go?
>>

>>>I never buy any meat but I did
>>>buy some salmon in cans

>>Then you lied when you wrote that you never buy any meat. What the hell
>>do you think salmon is, Dicky?

> Fish.
>
>>>the other day so I thought that an once or two a day
>>>is ok

>>Why wouldn't it be? Why wouldn't it be okay to eat anything in
>>moderation? That's your problem in a nutshell, Dicky: you have no
>>concept of moderation.
>>

>>>but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco bell.

>>Your grammar is pathetic, but your eating disorder is of more concern.
>>So is the fact that you seek advice over usenet.

> Richard, usual is right on this. You ought to seek professional
> help.
>

>>>I don't think I want to die

>>You have to think about that?
>>

>>>but I think I'm headed that way.

>>Last time I checked, we all are.
>>

>>>I know I need
>>>to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of every 3.

>>Estrogen? Clomid?
>>

>>>Why,
>>>picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no reason.

>>No thanks. Wuss.
>>

>>>Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right.

>>You can stop with the "vegan is the right way to go" brainwashing. Eat
>>what you want within reason and in moderation. Quit being such a girl.
>>

>>>Maybe a heart attack might do it,

>>Drama queen.
>>

>>>buy I need to get it together before that happens.

>>You need to get it together, period.
>>

>>>I know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do.

>>So you don't have an idea at 58 years-old... lame.

> Sympathy, compassion and usual suspect. They just don't go together do
> they.

Not when dealing with nearly retirement-age ****s who post in newsgroups
about crying in the shower and feeling low for eating whatever they
want. No! No compassion for losers.

>>>Maybe a
>>>good swift kick in my ass might help.

>>Or in the balls, if you had any. Pansy.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

usual suspect wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> > usual suspect wrote:
> >
> >>Richard Miller whined about his eating disorder:

> >>Right way for *what* to go?

> >>Then you lied when you wrote that you never buy any meat. What the hell
> >>do you think salmon is, Dicky?

> > Fish.

> >>Why wouldn't it be? Why wouldn't it be okay to eat anything in
> >>moderation? That's your problem in a nutshell, Dicky: you have no
> >>concept of moderation.

> >>Your grammar is pathetic, but your eating disorder is of more concern.
> >>So is the fact that you seek advice over usenet.

> > Richard, usual is right on this. You ought to seek professional
> > help.

> >>You have to think about that?

> >>Last time I checked, we all are.

> >>Estrogen? Clomid?

> >>No thanks. Wuss.

> >>You can stop with the "vegan is the right way to go" brainwashing. Eat
> >>what you want within reason and in moderation. Quit being such a girl.

> >>Drama queen.

> >>You need to get it together, period.

> >>So you don't have an idea at 58 years-old... lame.

> > Sympathy, compassion and usual suspect. They just don't go together do
> > they.

> Not when dealing with nearly retirement-age ****s who post in newsgroups
> about crying in the shower and feeling low for eating whatever they
> want. No! No compassion for losers.

He's crying in the shower because he suffers from depression you
heartless ****!

> >>Or in the balls, if you had any. Pansy.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Richard Miller" > wrote in message
news_TXf.748$up2.42@fed1read07...
>I know a vegan diet is the right way to go. I never buy any meat but I did
>buy some salmon in cans the other day so I thought that an once or two a
>day is ok but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco
>bell. I don't think I want to die but I think I'm headed that way. I know I
>need to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of every 3. Why,
>picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no reason.
>Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right. Maybe a heart
>attack might do it, buy I need to get it together before that happens. I
>know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do. Maybe a
>good swift kick in my ass might help.
>
> Thanks
> Richard

I tried to email you Richard, but it was returned undelivered.

Tracey

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Dave wrote:
> usual suspect wrote:
>
>>Dave wrote:

>>>Fish.

>>>Richard, usual is right on this. You ought to seek professional
>>>help.

>>>Sympathy, compassion and usual suspect. They just don't go together do
>>>they.

>>Not when dealing with nearly retirement-age ****s who post in newsgroups
>>about crying in the shower and feeling low for eating whatever they
>>want. No! No compassion for losers.

> He's crying in the shower because he suffers from depression

No shit, Sherlock. That's why I pointed him away from veganism -- which
is not a cure for depression, but more likely a symptom of it -- and
suggested he seek professional help. You ****ing agreed with me, now you
call me a ****. Make up your braincell.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

> > He's crying in the shower because he suffers from depression

> No shit, Sherlock. That's why I pointed him away from veganism -- which
> is not a cure for depression, but more likely a symptom of it -- and
> suggested he seek professional help. You ****ing agreed with me, now you
> call me a ****. Make up your braincell.

I agreed with you that usenet is not a good place to seek advice. I
called
you a **** because you were being rather insensitive.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:38:35 +0300, Dave > wrote:

> I agreed with you that usenet is not a good place to seek advice. I
> called you a **** because you were being rather insensitive.

Hey guys, let's not get meat-eaterish to each other. Although someone
might be insensitive, (s)he isn't a ****.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

I was depressed until I read your post and I haven't laugh that much in a
long time. What was really funny, your right.

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Richard Miller whined about his eating disorder:
>> I know a vegan diet is the right way to go.

> Right way for *what* to go?
>
>> I never buy any meat but I did buy some salmon in cans

> Then you lied when you wrote that you never buy any meat. What the hell do
> you think salmon is, Dicky?
>
>> the other day so I thought that an once or two a day is ok

> Why wouldn't it be? Why wouldn't it be okay to eat anything in moderation?
> That's your problem in a nutshell, Dicky: you have no concept of
> moderation.
>
>> but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco bell.

> Your grammar is pathetic, but your eating disorder is of more concern. So
> is the fact that you seek advice over usenet.
>
>> I don't think I want to die

> You have to think about that?
>
>> but I think I'm headed that way.

> Last time I checked, we all are.
>
>> I know I need to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of
>> every 3.

> Estrogen? Clomid?
>
>> Why, picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no
>> reason.

> No thanks. Wuss.
>
>> Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right.

> You can stop with the "vegan is the right way to go" brainwashing. Eat
> what you want within reason and in moderation. Quit being such a girl.
>
>> Maybe a heart attack might do it,

> Drama queen.
>
>> buy I need to get it together before that happens.

> You need to get it together, period.
>
>> I know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do.

> So you don't have an idea at 58 years-old... lame.
>
>> Maybe a good swift kick in my ass might help.

> Or in the balls, if you had any. Pansy.

Posted to alt.food.vegan
nyx nyx is offline

Richard Miller wrote:
> I know a vegan diet is the right way to go. I never buy any meat but I did
> buy some salmon in cans the other day so I thought that an once or two a day
> is ok but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco bell.
> I don't think I want to die but I think I'm headed that way. I know I need
> to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of every 3. Why,
> picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no reason.
> Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right. Maybe a heart
> attack might do it, buy I need to get it together before that happens. I
> know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do. Maybe a
> good swift kick in my ass might help.
>
> Thanks
> Richard

These people are of no help to you at all. Yes a vegan diet will help
with all sorts of health issues. While some people find it easy to go
from the junk food meat eating lifestyle to a super healthy vegan one,
my guess is that it's not the norm. And let's be real, there are a lot
of junk food vegetarians out there!

You have taken a good first step in acknowleging that your diet is
affecting your health. My advice to you is to change your diet slowly.
There is a good book out there called "The Gradual Vegetarian". It
shows you how to slowly eliminate meat from the diet. If you really
want to read a book that will make you think I also suggest "Fit For
Life".

I am a strict vegetarian who was raised a meat eater. I changed my
eating for health reasons mostly, not so much for all the animal issues.
It took me awhile, but I feel a whole lot better. It is worth it.
Another good start for you is to simply add more fresh fruit, vegetables
and nuts to your current diet. You will automatically stop consuming as
much of the "bad" stuff. Baby steps are better than none.

Hope this helps
Nyx

Posted to alt.food.vegan

I think this is very good advice. Just take it a step ata time. It took
me maybe 5 years to go from being a meat eater to going totally Vegan.

In article >, nyx77
@comcast.net says...
> Richard Miller wrote:
> > I know a vegan diet is the right way to go. I never buy any meat but I did
> > buy some salmon in cans the other day so I thought that an once or two a day
> > is ok but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco bell.
> > I don't think I want to die but I think I'm headed that way. I know I need
> > to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of every 3. Why,
> > picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no reason.
> > Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right. Maybe a heart
> > attack might do it, buy I need to get it together before that happens. I
> > know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do. Maybe a
> > good swift kick in my ass might help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Richard
> >

> These people are of no help to you at all. Yes a vegan diet will help
> with all sorts of health issues. While some people find it easy to go
> from the junk food meat eating lifestyle to a super healthy vegan one,
> my guess is that it's not the norm. And let's be real, there are a lot
> of junk food vegetarians out there!
>
> You have taken a good first step in acknowleging that your diet is
> affecting your health. My advice to you is to change your diet slowly.
> There is a good book out there called "The Gradual Vegetarian". It
> shows you how to slowly eliminate meat from the diet. If you really
> want to read a book that will make you think I also suggest "Fit For
> Life".
>
> I am a strict vegetarian who was raised a meat eater. I changed my
> eating for health reasons mostly, not so much for all the animal issues.
> It took me awhile, but I feel a whole lot better. It is worth it.
> Another good start for you is to simply add more fresh fruit, vegetables
> and nuts to your current diet. You will automatically stop consuming as
> much of the "bad" stuff. Baby steps are better than none.
>
> Hope this helps
> Nyx

Posted to alt.food.vegan

--
Wealth is in the imagination,
riches are in the heart and
"Richard Miller" > wrote in message
news_TXf.748$up2.42@fed1read07...
> I know a vegan diet is the right way to go. I never buy any meat but I did
> buy some salmon in cans the other day so I thought that an once or two a

day
> is ok but I eat out a lot and guess what I eat at burger king and taco

bell.
> I don't think I want to die but I think I'm headed that way. I know I need
> to be taking my hormone shots every two week instead of every 3. Why,
> picture a 58 year old ex bodybuilder crying in the shower for no reason.
> Anyone know how I can brain wash myself to eating right. Maybe a heart
> attack might do it, buy I need to get it together before that happens. I
> know I'm crying on your shoulder but I don't know what else to do. Maybe a
> good swift kick in my ass might help.
>
> Thanks
> Richard

Hi Richard, I understand how you feel, trying to eat to maintain good health
can sometimes be very difficult. I have read a few books that have helped me
considerably here are a few. The China Study by T.Colin Campbell PHD and
there are a few books by the Diamonds, Fit for life 1 and 2. Good Luck