Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default So, I am stupid!

My mom wanted to try the lemon popcorn so I took her the box with the
remaining packet. She popped it and ate it while we were out. Said it was
really good. She put in half of the oil (based on my telling her that the
whole packet made it too oily) but both of the salt packets which she
thought made it too lemony. And I was like... Uh... There were SALT
PACKETS?

I thought I had looked through the box well. It did say to put as much or
as little seasoning as you wanted but I thought all of the seasoning was in
with the oil since I didn't see anything else. So...

To make matters even more stupid, my mom said there had been a little
popcorn left but she threw it away so I couldn't taste it. Then when I got
home, I called her to tell her I had been back to Central Market where the
popcorn was now on sale and I got 3 more boxes of lemon plus 2 of maple. I
might not like the maple but Angela and my mom like sweet popcorn. And
guess what my mom said? "Oh, oops! I thought I threw the popcorn away but
then I found it on the counter. So you could come back over here and try
it!" Um... No. Not gonna drive 9 miles each way for a bite of popcorn.

So, I am stupid. And I falsely accused the popcorn of not tasting lemony or
salty. I will make another bag tonight and do it right. But I will also
try to make my own. Because even on sale, this stuff isn't cheap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:21:12 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> My mom wanted to try the lemon popcorn so I took her the box with the
>
> remaining packet. She popped it and ate it while we were out. Said it was
>
> really good. She put in half of the oil (based on my telling her that the
>
> whole packet made it too oily) but both of the salt packets which she
>
> thought made it too lemony. And I was like... Uh... There were SALT
>
> PACKETS?
>

> I thought I had looked through the box well. It did say to put as much or
>
> as little seasoning as you wanted but I thought all of the seasoning was in
>
> with the oil since I didn't see anything else. So...
>

> To make matters even more stupid, my mom said there had been a little
>
> popcorn left but she threw it away so I couldn't taste it. Then when I got
>
> home, I called her to tell her I had been back to Central Market where the
>
> popcorn was now on sale and I got 3 more boxes of lemon plus 2 of maple. I
>
> might not like the maple but Angela and my mom like sweet popcorn. And
>
> guess what my mom said? "Oh, oops! I thought I threw the popcorn away but
>
> then I found it on the counter. So you could come back over here and try
>
> it!" Um... No. Not gonna drive 9 miles each way for a bite of popcorn.
>

> So, I am stupid. And I falsely accused the popcorn of not tasting lemony or
>
> salty. I will make another bag tonight and do it right. But I will also
>
> try to make my own. Because even on sale, this stuff isn't cheap.

Jesus wept.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:21:12 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> My mom wanted to try the lemon popcorn so I took her the box with the
>>
>> remaining packet. She popped it and ate it while we were out. Said it
>> was
>>
>> really good. She put in half of the oil (based on my telling her that
>> the
>>
>> whole packet made it too oily) but both of the salt packets which she
>>
>> thought made it too lemony. And I was like... Uh... There were SALT
>>
>> PACKETS?
>>

>> I thought I had looked through the box well. It did say to put as much
>> or
>>
>> as little seasoning as you wanted but I thought all of the seasoning was
>> in
>>
>> with the oil since I didn't see anything else. So...
>>

>> To make matters even more stupid, my mom said there had been a little
>>
>> popcorn left but she threw it away so I couldn't taste it. Then when I
>> got
>>
>> home, I called her to tell her I had been back to Central Market where
>> the
>>
>> popcorn was now on sale and I got 3 more boxes of lemon plus 2 of maple.
>>
>> might not like the maple but Angela and my mom like sweet popcorn. And
>>
>> guess what my mom said? "Oh, oops! I thought I threw the popcorn away
>> but
>>
>> then I found it on the counter. So you could come back over here and try
>>
>> it!" Um... No. Not gonna drive 9 miles each way for a bite of popcorn.
>>

>> So, I am stupid. And I falsely accused the popcorn of not tasting lemony
>> or
>>
>> salty. I will make another bag tonight and do it right. But I will also
>>
>> try to make my own. Because even on sale, this stuff isn't cheap.

> Jesus wept.

What is that supposed to mean?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 22:31:58 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>On Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:21:12 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> My mom wanted to try the lemon popcorn so I took her the box with the
>>
>> remaining packet. She popped it and ate it while we were out. Said it was
>>
>> really good. She put in half of the oil (based on my telling her that the
>>
>> whole packet made it too oily) but both of the salt packets which she
>>
>> thought made it too lemony. And I was like... Uh... There were SALT
>>
>> PACKETS?
>>

>> I thought I had looked through the box well. It did say to put as much or
>>
>> as little seasoning as you wanted but I thought all of the seasoning was in
>>
>> with the oil since I didn't see anything else. So...
>>

>> To make matters even more stupid, my mom said there had been a little
>>
>> popcorn left but she threw it away so I couldn't taste it. Then when I got
>>
>> home, I called her to tell her I had been back to Central Market where the
>>
>> popcorn was now on sale and I got 3 more boxes of lemon plus 2 of maple. I
>>
>> might not like the maple but Angela and my mom like sweet popcorn. And
>>
>> guess what my mom said? "Oh, oops! I thought I threw the popcorn away but
>>
>> then I found it on the counter. So you could come back over here and try
>>
>> it!" Um... No. Not gonna drive 9 miles each way for a bite of popcorn.
>>

>> So, I am stupid. And I falsely accused the popcorn of not tasting lemony or
>>
>> salty. I will make another bag tonight and do it right. But I will also
>>
>> try to make my own. Because even on sale, this stuff isn't cheap.

>Jesus wept.

Slashed his wrists, more like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> My mom wanted to try the lemon popcorn so I took her the box with the
> remaining packet. She popped it and ate it while we were out. Said it
> was really good. She put in half of the oil (based on my telling her that
> the whole packet made it too oily) but both of the salt packets which she
> thought made it too lemony. And I was like... Uh... There were SALT
> PACKETS?
>
> I thought I had looked through the box well. It did say to put as much or
> as little seasoning as you wanted but I thought all of the seasoning was
> in with the oil since I didn't see anything else. So...
>
> To make matters even more stupid, my mom said there had been a little
> popcorn left but she threw it away so I couldn't taste it. Then when I
> got home, I called her to tell her I had been back to Central Market where
> the popcorn was now on sale and I got 3 more boxes of lemon plus 2 of
> maple. I might not like the maple but Angela and my mom like sweet
> popcorn. And guess what my mom said? "Oh, oops! I thought I threw the
> popcorn away but then I found it on the counter. So you could come back
> over here and try it!" Um... No. Not gonna drive 9 miles each way for a
> bite of popcorn.
>
> So, I am stupid. And I falsely accused the popcorn of not tasting lemony
> or salty. I will make another bag tonight and do it right. But I will
> also try to make my own. Because even on sale, this stuff isn't cheap.

Why is that stupid? So you missed the packets! <shrug> Doing this just
gives the nasties a free ride

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:28:53 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > Jesus wept.

> What is that supposed to mean?

Why try to figure her out Julie?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

projektilevomitchick wrote:
>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> My mom wanted to try the lemon popcorn,
>> even on sale, this stuff isn't cheap.

>Jesus wept.

But it's not expensive when she eats it twice, second time it's
poopcorn! LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:14:24 AM UTC-6, Ophelia wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> > My mom wanted to try the lemon popcorn so I took her the box with the

> > remaining packet. She popped it and ate it while we were out. Said it

> > was really good. She put in half of the oil (based on my telling her that

> > the whole packet made it too oily) but both of the salt packets which she

> > thought made it too lemony. And I was like... Uh... There were SALT

> > PACKETS?

> > I thought I had looked through the box well. It did say to put as much or

> > as little seasoning as you wanted but I thought all of the seasoning was

> > in with the oil since I didn't see anything else. So...

> > To make matters even more stupid, my mom said there had been a little

> > popcorn left but she threw it away so I couldn't taste it. Then when I

> > got home, I called her to tell her I had been back to Central Market where

> > the popcorn was now on sale and I got 3 more boxes of lemon plus 2 of

> > maple. I might not like the maple but Angela and my mom like sweet

> > popcorn. And guess what my mom said? "Oh, oops! I thought I threw the

> > popcorn away but then I found it on the counter. So you could come back

> > over here and try it!" Um... No. Not gonna drive 9 miles each way for a

> > bite of popcorn.

> > So, I am stupid. And I falsely accused the popcorn of not tasting lemony

> > or salty. I will make another bag tonight and do it right. But I will

> > also try to make my own. Because even on sale, this stuff isn't cheap.

> Why is that stupid? So you missed the packets! <shrug> Doing this just
>
> gives the nasties a free ride

There are folks here who are too stupid to even realize that they're stupid.
They do say that acknowledging the problem is the first step.

-B
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:31:02 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> projektilevomitchick wrote:
>
> >Julie Bove wrote:

> >> My mom wanted to try the lemon popcorn,

> >> even on sale, this stuff isn't cheap.

> >Jesus wept.

> But it's not expensive when she eats it twice, second time it's
>
> poopcorn! LOL

Yep, and she'd screw that up and **** and moan about it on here. Hahahaha
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 03:08:23 -0800 (PST), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:28:53 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>> > Jesus wept.

>> What is that supposed to mean?

>Why try to figure her out Julie?

There's nothing to figure out, it's was quite clear what PVC meant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Poor widdle Bove. Your life is so filled with culinary disasters.

Another popcorn attempt? I smell another thread coming. Spare us, PLEASE.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> Poor widdle Bove. Your life is so filled with culinary disasters.
>
> Another popcorn attempt? I smell another thread coming. Spare us,
> PLEASE.

Just shup!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/15/2013 12:06 PM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> There are folks here who are too stupid to even realize that they're stupid.
> They do say that acknowledging the problem is the first step.
>
> -B

So are you making that first step, or just testing the water?