Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Any decent Vegan newsgroups

Is there a Newsgroup or forum anywhere, that provides help and advice
for people who have chosen to follow a Vegan diet, but is not plagued
with Foul Mouthed Teenage Trolls?
Dave
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Dave Catleugh wrote:
> Is there a Newsgroup or forum anywhere, that provides help and advice
> for people who have chosen to follow a Vegan diet, but is not plagued
> with Foul Mouthed Teenage Trolls?
> Dave

Hi Dave;

For nutrition information you cannot do better than
http://www.veganhealth.org

For recipes, I these are my favorites
http://www.vegweb.com
http://www.fatfree.com
rec.food.veg.cooking ( moderated, 98% vegan recipes )

If you want social support I suggest getting out there in real life by
joining a veg*n group or an AR group. AR groups can be quite nice even
though stereotypes might tell a new person differently. meetup.com has
AR, vegan, and vegetarian social groups in just about every city. If
there isn't one, you can make one, probably by advertising on
craigslist.com for free.

The sad truth about internet forums is that you will run into trolls
anywhere as well as people who are not trolls, but who are otherwise
unhappy or unpleasant to deal with.

It makes sense, if those people could successfully socialize directly
with real people in the real world they would.

Hence, I couldn't name a 100% jerk free forum to you. Filters are
good, learning to ignore people who you are know are the jerks is even
better.

Good Luck

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Dave Catleugh wrote:
> Is there a Newsgroup or forum anywhere, that provides help and advice
> for people who have chosen to follow a Vegan diet, but is not plagued
> with Foul Mouthed Teenage Trolls?
> Dave

http://www.vegsource.com has a whole bunch of discussion forums.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

wrote:
> Dave Catleugh wrote:
>
>>Is there a Newsgroup or forum anywhere, that provides help and advice
>>for people who have chosen to follow a Vegan diet, but is not plagued
>>with Foul Mouthed Teenage Trolls?
>>Dave

http://www.vegsource.com has a whole bunch of discussion forums.

Take any information you get there with a grain of salt. Before you
make a major move with anything you learn there double check it with
alternative source.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to alt.food.vegan

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Dave Catleugh wrote:
>> Is there a Newsgroup or forum anywhere, that provides help and
>> advice
>> for people who have chosen to follow a Vegan diet, but is not
>> plagued
>> with Foul Mouthed Teenage Trolls?
>> Dave

> http://www.vegsource.com has a whole bunch of discussion
> forums.

=======================
LOL It's plagued by colossal lys instead...

I know these numbers are too big for you to understand, killer,
but try these for size...

according to your propaganda site above, it takes 7000 pounds of
water for every 7 pounds of feed.
"...Producing 1 pound of feedlot beef requires 7 pounds of feed
grain,
which takes 7000 pounds of water to grow..."

According to the USGS there is a total of 408,000 Mgal/day of
water withdrawals from all sources, fresh and salt, 35% of which
is used for irrigation and livestock production. Task one,
figure total water used for all uses per year.
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/totpie95.html

Next, let's just pick one field crop, corn. There is about 11
BILLION bushels grown a year.
Task two, at about 56 pounds per bushel how much water does it
take total according to your propaganda
site?

Task three, where's all the water come from? Manna from heaven
to beef to producers only?

Now, snip and run, killer...

http://www.positivehealth.com/permit...safron30_p.htm
http://www.biotech-info.net/deadly_chemicals.html
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_.../headline/2334
http://www.scientific-alliance.org/t...technology.htm
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._9/ai_86038677
http://volokh.com/posts/1094737139.shtml
http://www.syngenta.com/en/downloads...ic_Farming.pdf

Posted to alt.food.vegan

What exactly are you trying to prove by this? It is obvious that more water
is neccessay to produce beef than is necessary to produce grains. You have
to take into account the water used to produce grains when calculating the
amount used to produce beef.

I think the basic point should be that it is not only cruel to slaughter
cows for food, but it is entirely unneccessay and inefficient.

Please explain what it is that you are trying to say. You've listed some
fatcs (one of which with a quick check on google is worng). Why don't you
do the math and show us? I am not nearly as intelligent as you and would
benefit greatly from you showing me how I am wrong. Thank you sir.

"rick" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Dave Catleugh wrote:
>>> Is there a Newsgroup or forum anywhere, that provides help and advice
>>> for people who have chosen to follow a Vegan diet, but is not plagued
>>> with Foul Mouthed Teenage Trolls?
>>> Dave

>> http://www.vegsource.com has a whole bunch of discussion forums.

> =======================
> LOL It's plagued by colossal lys instead...
>

> I know these numbers are too big for you to understand, killer, but try
> these for size...
>

> according to your propaganda site above, it takes 7000 pounds of water
> for every 7 pounds of feed.
> "...Producing 1 pound of feedlot beef requires 7 pounds of feed grain,
> which takes 7000 pounds of water to grow..."
>
> According to the USGS there is a total of 408,000 Mgal/day of
> water withdrawals from all sources, fresh and salt, 35% of which
> is used for irrigation and livestock production. Task one,
> figure total water used for all uses per year.
> http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/totpie95.html
>

> Next, let's just pick one field crop, corn. There is about 11 BILLION
> bushels grown a year.
> Task two, at about 56 pounds per bushel how much water does it take total
> according to your propaganda
> site?
>

> Task three, where's all the water come from? Manna from heaven
> to beef to producers only?
>

> Now, snip and run, killer...
>

> http://www.positivehealth.com/permit...safron30_p.htm
> http://www.biotech-info.net/deadly_chemicals.html
> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_.../headline/2334
> http://www.scientific-alliance.org/t...technology.htm
> http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._9/ai_86038677
> http://volokh.com/posts/1094737139.shtml
> http://www.syngenta.com/en/downloads...ic_Farming.pdf

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Lee" > wrote in message
> What exactly are you trying to prove by this? It is obvious
> that more water is neccessay to produce beef than is necessary
> to produce grains.

================================
Why do you say obvious? The spew that has been trotted out
doesn't support that idiocy.

You have
> to take into account the water used to produce grains when
> calculating the amount used to produce beef.

=======================
Grass-fed beef requires no grains. Do try to keep up...

> I think the basic point should be that it is not only cruel to
> slaughter cows for food, but it is entirely unneccessay and
> inefficient.

==========================
Really? What's not cruel about slicing, dicing, shredding,
dis-membering and poisoning animals for your veggies?
Why is it ok to kill millions upon millions of animals and leave
them to rot, bot not ok to kill animals and eat them? can you
explain that?

> Please explain what it is that you are trying to say.

======================
That vegans are liars, plain and simple. It's part and parcel
with their simple rule for their simple minds, 'eat no meat.'
Regardless of how many more animals they kill...

You've listed some
> fatcs (one of which with a quick check on google is worng).

==============================
Show what was wrong, fool. I posted data from the USGS. What do
you have, a vegsociety spew?

Why don't you
> do the math and show us? I am not nearly as intelligent as you
> and would benefit greatly from you showing me how I am wrong.
> Thank you sir.

==============================
The fact that you are not intellegent is obvious in the fact that
you try to support/defend veganism. You have done nothing to do
that? Typical...

> "rick" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> http://www.vegsource.com has a whole bunch of discussion
>>> forums.

>> =======================
>> LOL It's plagued by colossal lys instead...
>>

>> I know these numbers are too big for you to understand,
>> killer, but try these for size...
>>

>> according to your propaganda site above, it takes 7000 pounds
>> of water for every 7 pounds of feed.
>> "...Producing 1 pound of feedlot beef requires 7 pounds of
>> feed grain,
>> which takes 7000 pounds of water to grow..."
>>
>> According to the USGS there is a total of 408,000 Mgal/day of
>> water withdrawals from all sources, fresh and salt, 35% of
>> which
>> is used for irrigation and livestock production. Task one,
>> figure total water used for all uses per year.
>> http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/totpie95.html
>>

>> Next, let's just pick one field crop, corn. There is about 11
>> BILLION bushels grown a year.
>> Task two, at about 56 pounds per bushel how much water does it
>> take total according to your propaganda
>> site?
>>

>> Task three, where's all the water come from? Manna from
>> heaven
>> to beef to producers only?
>>

>> Now, snip and run, killer...
>>

>> http://www.positivehealth.com/permit...safron30_p.htm
>> http://www.biotech-info.net/deadly_chemicals.html
>> http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_.../headline/2334
>> http://www.scientific-alliance.org/t...technology.htm
>> http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._9/ai_86038677
>> http://volokh.com/posts/1094737139.shtml
>> http://www.syngenta.com/en/downloads...ic_Farming.pdf

newsgroups [email protected] General Cooking 18 21-05-2009 01:28 AM
Any Good Vegan Newsgroups? Fred Vegan 1 02-02-2006 10:28 PM
AOL and newsgroups Joseph Kubera Tea 18 26-01-2005 05:51 PM
TN: Decent Burg, not-so-decent Riesling Dale Williams Wine 0 25-05-2004 03:19 PM
Which appropriate newsgroups Dee Randall Baking 2 08-12-2003 06:43 PM