usual suspect

Default how many ways has skanky offended hosts?

Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.

> You snipped away my
> real concern
> about the other
> possibilities.

What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
hosts?

From some of your posts over the last few days:

If it's a stranger,
like a neighbourhood welcome
group to new neighbours, then you
can't be scared to say you are
veg*n.
-- Skanky

I have no trouble
saying to people "You might want
to think twice about inviting me.
I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
-- Skanky

They don't mind
talking about it either, so if they are
having a dinner where the only
vegan item is side of green peas,
one can eat before the get-together
or bring something.
-- Skanky

Other times they
don't get offended if you bring your
own, like veg patties to a bbq.
-- Skanky

It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.
C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
> exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss one
> facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>
> > You snipped away my
> > real concern
> > about the other
> > possibilities.

> What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
> hosts?
>
> From some of your posts over the last few days:
>
> If it's a stranger,
> like a neighbourhood welcome
> group to new neighbours, then you
> can't be scared to say you are
> veg*n.
> -- Skanky
>
> I have no trouble
> saying to people "You might want
> to think twice about inviting me.
> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
> -- Skanky
>
> They don't mind
> talking about it either, so if they are
> having a dinner where the only
> vegan item is side of green peas,
> one can eat before the get-together
> or bring something.
> -- Skanky
>
> Other times they
> don't get offended if you bring your
> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
> -- Skanky
>
> It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
> "possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
> many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
> your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
> be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

She describes typical experiences that most vegetarians face in a
carnivorous world. I've experienced it and I'm sure you have too. The key is
to be gracious in either bringing your own food (with permission) or
selectively accepting the food being offered. I don't have a problem with
eating a little something beforehand either. If somebody notices that you
are picking then kindly explain that you are vegetarian. Usually no problem.

On the other hand, you have been asked how "gracious" you would be if
somebody threw a slab of steak on your plate and you have not yet replied.
Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you are,
particularly with your personality disorder. I also find it quite ironic
that you accuse somebody else of being an "OFFENSIVE asshole".

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
> exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
> one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>
> > You snipped away my
> > real concern
> > about the other
> > possibilities.

> What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
> hosts?
>
> From some of your posts over the last few days:
>
> If it's a stranger,
> like a neighbourhood welcome
> group to new neighbours, then you
> can't be scared to say you are
> veg*n.
> -- Skanky

Nothing wrong with that when
told you'll be offered meatloaves
etc.

> I have no trouble
> saying to people "You might want
> to think twice about inviting me.
> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
> -- Skanky

I've had great success with this.
No offending at all. There has
always turned out to be something
I could eat. Once a friend's dad
made it into a big adventure
where everyone tried veggie
burgers for the first time. It went
over quite well.

> They don't mind
> talking about it either, so if they are
> having a dinner where the only
> vegan item is side of green peas,
> one can eat before the get-together
> or bring something.
> -- Skanky

True friends let you know. If
the meal is too meat based
there is also the option of
showing up to the party just
in time for desert and hanging
out.

> Other times they
> don't get offended if you bring your
> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
> -- Skanky

I've never offended anyone by
doing this. Then again, maybe
Toronto is just a little more
laid back and accepting of
other's differences than a
hard to the right state like
Texas is.

> It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
> "possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
> many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
> your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
> be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

I have the skill/ability/luck of not
offending those whose meat I
have turned down. In fact I only
have ever offended one person
that way and he turned out to be
quite easily offended by anything.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:
>>Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
>>exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss one
>>facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>>

>>>You snipped away my
>>>real concern
>>>about the other
>>>possibilities.

>>What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
>>hosts?
>>
>>From some of your posts over the last few days:
>>
>> If it's a stranger,
>> like a neighbourhood welcome
>> group to new neighbours, then you
>> can't be scared to say you are
>> veg*n.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> I have no trouble
>> saying to people "You might want
>> to think twice about inviting me.
>> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> They don't mind
>> talking about it either, so if they are
>> having a dinner where the only
>> vegan item is side of green peas,
>> one can eat before the get-together
>> or bring something.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> Other times they
>> don't get offended if you bring your
>> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>>It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
>>"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
>>many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
>>your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
>>be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

> She describes typical experiences

*Atypical* experiences. NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties.
NORMAL people don't give lectures or diatribes against what's served at
parties. NORMAL people don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL
people will gratefully eat what's graciously offered.

Thanks for admitting that you are, like Skanky is, abnormal.

> carnivorous world.

Omnivorous. I've yet to attend a party that was strictly meat.

> On the other hand, you have been asked

And I've already responded by saying I'd much rather put aside my
preferences for ONE meal than to offend someone.

> Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you are,

For example:

Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
right....

I'm sure you can discuss well beforehand your insecurities and
peculiar food obsessions with the person in whose home you will
be guest. Perhaps that person will sanctify a fake turkey -- a
mockery to God -- to satisfy your eating disorder. What better
way, though, than to show others that one can be a cheerful
participant of the rest of the thanksgiving feast without eating
the bird....

What's wrong with compromise on one bloody day of the entire
year? Surely love of God and family outweighs the specious issue
of veganism the entire year.
yours truly: http://tinyurl.com/8sacw

> particularly with your personality disorder.

I have none. Has Wendy given up her futile attempt to diagnose yours
yet, or has she resigned herself to the fact that you're just a
miserable bony asshole who's no fun for a lady to be around?
usual suspect

Scented Asshole wrote:
>>Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
>>exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
>>one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>>
>> > You snipped away my
>> > real concern
>> > about the other
>> > possibilities.

>>What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
>>hosts?
>>
>> From some of your posts over the last few days:
>>
>> If it's a stranger,
>> like a neighbourhood welcome
>> group to new neighbours, then you
>> can't be scared to say you are
>> veg*n.
>> -- Skanky

> Nothing wrong with that

I know WHY you do it: so you can be a smarmy, sanctimonious bitch.

>> I have no trouble
>> saying to people "You might want
>> to think twice about inviting me.
>> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
>> -- Skanky

> I've had great success with this.

You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to
have the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your ****ing eating disorder.

>> They don't mind
>> talking about it either, so if they are
>> having a dinner where the only
>> vegan item is side of green peas,
>> one can eat before the get-together
>> or bring something.
>> -- Skanky

> True friends let you know.

True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
before the party or bring their own food.

> If the meal is too meat based

You shouldn't be asked to attend.

> there is also the option of
> showing up to the party just
> in time for desert and hanging
> out.

Dessert. A desert is a barren place, like inside your head. I'd be
insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like you
do. Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not
telling you what a disrespectful asshole you are.

>> Other times they
>> don't get offended if you bring your
>> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
>> -- Skanky

> I've never offended anyone

Liar. You clearly have.

> by doing this.

You don't have eyes in the back of your head, else you'd be able to see
how others respond to your loony antics.

> Then again, maybe
> Toronto is just a little more
> laid back

Your little clicqe may be accepting of you, but you're clearly on the
kook fringe even in Toronto.

> and accepting of
> other's differences

Okay, you ****ing asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for
all. I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation
where non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a
city which is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In
2003, the last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for
Texas, there were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22
million. Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had
594 reported hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York
had 602 reported hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and
Massachusetts had 403 reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf

The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more
of your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do,
I'll get out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up
in terms of hate crimes. Like this:

Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
from 187.
http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm

That's only ONE ****ing city with a metropolitan population a quarter
the size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly
four-times as many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!

> than a
> hard to the right state like
> Texas is.

Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
Democratic presidential candidate in every election since
Reconstruction. As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as
the rest of the nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and
caricatures are way off base. See above.

>>It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
>>"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
>>many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
>>your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
>>be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

> I have the skill

You have no marketable skills, loser.

C. James Strutz

"pussy boy" > wrote in message
> Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:

>> She describes typical experiences

> *Atypical* experiences.

Then you must live on a different planet. Must be Texas...

> NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties. NORMAL people don't give
> lectures or diatribes against what's served at parties. NORMAL people
> don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL people will gratefully eat
> what's graciously offered.

NORMAL people make compromises graciously and respectfully.

> Thanks for admitting that you are, like Skanky is, abnormal.

I would gladly associate myself with the likes of her than you.

>> carnivorous world.

> Omnivorous. I've yet to attend a party that was strictly meat.

You know what I mean, dickhead. Quit picking nits...

>> Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you
>> are,

> For example:
>
> Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
> holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
> right....

Any person who truely "loves" you will be sympathetic to one's eating
preferences. Any host I know would go out of their way to make their guests
happy and confortable. They're usually more than happy to have you bring
something to share with everyone.

> I'm sure you can discuss well beforehand your insecurities and
> peculiar food obsessions with the person in whose home you will
> be guest. Perhaps that person will sanctify a fake turkey -- a
> mockery to God -- to satisfy your eating disorder. What better
> way, though, than to show others that one can be a cheerful
> participant of the rest of the thanksgiving feast without eating
> the bird....

I didn't know we were talking about Thanksgiving, not that it makes a
difference. There's almost never a problem finding something I can eat at
parties and dinners. Of course, I'm not vegan like you are...

> What's wrong with compromise on one bloody day of the entire
> year? Surely love of God and family outweighs the specious issue
> of veganism the entire year.
> yours truly: http://tinyurl.com/8sacw

Ironic that you should use the word "bloody" to emphasize Thanksgiving.

usual suspect

Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:

>>>She describes typical experiences

>>*Atypical* experiences.

> Then you must live on a different planet.

No.

>>NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties. NORMAL people don't give
>>lectures or diatribes against what's served at parties. NORMAL people
>>don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL people will gratefully eat
>>what's graciously offered.

> NORMAL people make compromises graciously and respectfully.

She's abnormal. So are you.

>>Thanks for admitting that you are, like Skanky is, abnormal.

> I would gladly associate myself with the likes of her

At least that would get you off Wendy's back. Are you even seeing her on
a professional basis now?

>>>carnivorous world.

>>Omnivorous. I've yet to attend a party that was strictly meat.

> You know what I mean

I know what you *wrote*, Putz.

>>>Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you
>>>are,

>>For example:
>>
>>Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
>>holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
>>right....

> Any person who truely "loves" you

won't have to wonder if you have Asperger's or some other organic excuse
for being an inattentive, distant asshole.

>>I'm sure you can discuss well beforehand your insecurities and
>>peculiar food obsessions with the person in whose home you will
>>be guest. Perhaps that person will sanctify a fake turkey -- a
>>mockery to God -- to satisfy your eating disorder. What better
>>way, though, than to show others that one can be a cheerful
>>participant of the rest of the thanksgiving feast without eating
>>the bird....

> I didn't know we were talking about Thanksgiving, not that it makes a
> difference.

I gave you examples to demonstrate you're wrong in your portrayal of my
gratitude when others invite me over for parties or gatherings.

> There's almost never a problem finding something I can eat at
> parties and dinners.

Your parents must be really proud.

>>What's wrong with compromise on one bloody day of the entire
>>year? Surely love of God and family outweighs the specious issue
>>of veganism the entire year.
>>yours truly: http://tinyurl.com/8sacw

> Ironic

The only irony is how "compassionate" vegans show their abject contempt
for other humans during holy days.
C. James Strutz

"bonehead" > wrote in message
> Scented Asshole wrote:

>> I've had great success with this.

> You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to have
> the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your ****ing eating disorder.

She never said the WHOLE PARTY had to adapt to her eating preferences. You
made it up.

>> True friends let you know.

> True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
> before the party or bring their own food.

True friends are sympathetic to one's eating preferences.

>> If the meal is too meat based

> You shouldn't be asked to attend.

You mean 'invited'. An invitation is not a request.

> I'd be insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like
> you do.

Good, I'll keep that in mind the next time you invite me to one of your
parties.

> Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not telling you
> what a disrespectful asshole you are.

That leaves you with something less than class and tact.

>> and accepting of
>> other's differences

> Okay, you ****ing asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for all.

I love it when we get under your skin.

> I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation where
> non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a city which
> is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In 2003, the
> last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for Texas, there
> were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22 million.
> Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had 594 reported
> hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York had 602 reported
> hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and Massachusetts had 403
> reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).
>
> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
> http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf
>
> The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
> respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more of
> your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do, I'll get
> out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up in terms of
> hate crimes. Like this:
>
> Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
> crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
> from 187.
> http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm
>
> That's only ONE ****ing city with a metropolitan population a quarter the
> size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly four-times as
> many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!
>
>> than a
>> hard to the right state like
>> Texas is.

> Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
> Democratic presidential candidate in every election since Reconstruction.
> As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as the rest of the
> nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and caricatures are way
> off base. See above.

You and Texas are far, far to the right. Texas is full of rednecks who wear
cowboy hats and drive pickup trucks. Texas is also full of criminals. The
re-runs of Walker: Texas Ranger prove it.

C. James Strutz

"pussy boy" > wrote in message

>>>*Atypical* experiences.

>> Then you must live on a different planet.

> No.

Yes.

>>>NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties. NORMAL people don't give
>>>lectures or diatribes against what's served at parties. NORMAL people
>>>don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL people will gratefully eat
>>>what's graciously offered.

>> NORMAL people make compromises graciously and respectfully.

> She's abnormal. So are you.

What's normal?

>> I didn't know we were talking about Thanksgiving, not that it makes a
>> difference.

> I gave you examples to demonstrate you're wrong in your portrayal of my
> gratitude when others invite me over for parties or gatherings.

Oh, I thought you were "moving goalposts" again.

>> There's almost never a problem finding something I can eat at parties and
>> dinners.

> Your parents must be really proud.

My father is very proud of me, my mother passed away almost 10 years ago
from complications of cancer.

> The only irony is how "compassionate" vegans show their abject contempt
> for other humans during holy days.

Since when is Thanksgiving a holy day?

usual suspect

Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:
>>>I've had great success with this.

>>You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to have
>>the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your ****ing eating disorder.

> She never said the WHOLE PARTY

Once a friend's dad
made it into a big adventure
where everyone tried veggie
burgers for the first time.
-- Skanky

>>>True friends let you know.

>>True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
>>before the party or bring their own food.

> True friends are sympathetic to one's eating preferences.

True friends are honest if your preferences go overboard.

>>>If the meal is too meat based

>>You shouldn't be asked to attend.

> You mean 'invited'. An invitation is not a request.

1. The act of inviting.
2. A spoken or written *REQUEST* for someone's presence or
participation.
3. An allurement, enticement, or attraction.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/invitation

My emphasis. Are you a dummy or just a liar?

>>I'd be insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like
>>you do.

> Good,

It's impolite, you skinny prick.

> I'll keep that in mind the next time

There hasn't been a first time. And there won't be one. I've not even
told you when I've been in Pittsburgh.

>>Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not telling you
>>what a disrespectful asshole you are.

> That leaves you

I don't mind telling her the truth. Same goes for you, dipshit.

>>>and accepting of
>>>other's differences

>>Okay, you ****ing asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for all.

> I love it when we get under your skin.

You're not under my skin.

>>I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation where
>>non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a city which
>>is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In 2003, the
>>last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for Texas, there
>>were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22 million.
>>Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had 594 reported
>>hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York had 602 reported
>>hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and Massachusetts had 403
>>reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).
>>
>>http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
>>http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf
>>
>>The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
>>respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more of
>>your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do, I'll get
>>out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up in terms of
>>hate crimes. Like this:
>>
>>Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
>>crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
>>from 187.
>>http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm
>>
>>That's only ONE ****ing city with a metropolitan population a quarter the
>>size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly four-times as
>>many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!
>>

>>>than a
>>>hard to the right state like
>>>Texas is.

>>Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
>>Democratic presidential candidate in every election since Reconstruction.
>>As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as the rest of the
>>nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and caricatures are way
>>off base. See above.

> You and Texas

Let's talk about you and Wendy. Are you still seeing her personally or
just professionally for your "issues" now?

usual suspect

>>>Then you must live on a different planet.

>>No.

> Yes.

No.

>>>NORMAL people make compromises graciously and respectfully.

>>She's abnormal. So are you.

> What's normal?

Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard,
pattern, level, or type; typical.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/normal

>>>I didn't know we were talking about Thanksgiving, not that it makes a
>>>difference.

>>I gave you examples to demonstrate you're wrong in your portrayal of my
>>gratitude when others invite me over for parties or gatherings.

> Oh, I thought

You've never thought before making your bogus claims, Putz.
C. James Strutz

"moron" > wrote in message
.. .
> Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:

>>>True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
>>>before the party or bring their own food.

>> True friends are sympathetic to one's eating preferences.

> True friends are honest if your preferences go overboard.

You automatically assume that vegans go "overboard" imposing themselves on
other people. It's far from reality.

>>>You shouldn't be asked to attend.

>> You mean 'invited'. An invitation is not a request.

> 1. The act of inviting.
> 2. A spoken or written *REQUEST* for someone's presence or
> participation.
> 3. An allurement, enticement, or attraction.
> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/invitation

'Invitation' is still a more appropriate word.

> My emphasis. Are you a dummy or just a liar?

You don't give many alternatives, do you?

>> I'll keep that in mind the next time

> There hasn't been a first time. And there won't be one. I've not even told
> you when I've been in Pittsburgh.

Am I supposed to feel slighted??

>>>Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not telling
>>>you what a disrespectful asshole you are.

>> That leaves you

> I don't mind telling her the truth. Same goes for you, dipshit.

You wouldn't know truth if it stared you in the face.

>>>Okay, you ****ing asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for
>>>all.

>> I love it when we get under your skin.

> You're not under my skin.

Yes we are.

>> You and Texas

> Let's talk about you and Wendy. Are you still seeing her personally or
> just professionally for your "issues" now?

Why are you trying to change the subject again?

C. James Strutz

>>>No.

>> Yes.

> No.

Yes.

>>>She's abnormal. So are you.

>> What's normal?

> Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard,
> pattern, level, or type; typical.
> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/normal

The point, moron, is that NOBODY is "normal".

>>>I gave you examples to demonstrate you're wrong in your portrayal of my
>>>gratitude when others invite me over for parties or gatherings.

>> Oh, I thought

> You've never thought before making your bogus claims, Putz.

Which bogus claims are those?

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Candy-ass James Strutz wrote:
> >>Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
> >>exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss

one
> >>facet of this dialogue a little deeper.

> >>What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
> >>hosts?
> >>
> >>From some of your posts over the last few days:
> >>
> >> If it's a stranger,
> >> like a neighbourhood welcome
> >> group to new neighbours, then you
> >> can't be scared to say you are
> >> veg*n.
> >> -- Skanky
> >>
> >> I have no trouble
> >> saying to people "You might want
> >> to think twice about inviting me.
> >> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
> >> -- Skanky
> >>
> >> They don't mind
> >> talking about it either, so if they are
> >> having a dinner where the only
> >> vegan item is side of green peas,
> >> one can eat before the get-together
> >> or bring something.
> >> -- Skanky
> >>
> >> Other times they
> >> don't get offended if you bring your
> >> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
> >> -- Skanky
> >>
> >>It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
> >>"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
> >>many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
> >>your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
> >>be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

> > She describes typical experiences

> *Atypical* experiences. NORMAL people don't eat before going to parties.
> NORMAL people don't give lectures or diatribes against what's served at
> parties. NORMAL people don't bring their OWN food to parties. NORMAL
> people will gratefully eat what's graciously offered.

Since you have an admitted
aesthetic aversion to meat, I'd
love to see you invited to a
dinner based around liver,
brain and tongue or something
like that. Maybe bull testicles.
LOL

> Thanks for admitting that you are, like Skanky is, abnormal.
>
> > carnivorous world.

> Omnivorous. I've yet to attend a party that was strictly meat.
>
> > On the other hand, you have been asked

> And I've already responded by saying I'd much rather put aside my
> preferences for ONE meal than to offend someone.

"Much rather". Sounds like
you're not sure.

> > Somehow I doubt that you would be as gracious as you like to think you

are,

> For example:
>
> Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
> holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
> right....

Wow, you accuse vegans of
having religious views on food,
but it's really you doing that.

> I'm sure you can discuss well beforehand your insecurities and
> peculiar food obsessions with the person in whose home you will
> be guest. Perhaps that person will sanctify a fake turkey -- a
> mockery to God -- to satisfy your eating disorder. What better
> way, though, than to show others that one can be a cheerful
> participant of the rest of the thanksgiving feast without eating
> the bird....

A "mockery to God"?? You say
now that you would participate in
Thanksgiving without eating the
bird (maybe that steak too?). What
about when someone puts it on
your plate and it's the current course?
Do you eat it? I think not. You've
been evasive and lying.

> What's wrong with compromise on one bloody day of the entire
> year? Surely love of God and family outweighs the specious issue
> of veganism the entire year.
> yours truly: http://tinyurl.com/8sacw
>
> > particularly with your personality disorder.

> I have none. Has Wendy given up her futile attempt to diagnose yours
> yet, or has she resigned herself to the fact that you're just a
> miserable bony asshole who's no fun for a lady to be around?

You are the only true orthorexic
on this newsgroup.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Asshole wrote:
> >>Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
> >>exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
> >>one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.

> >>What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
> >>hosts?
> >>
> >> From some of your posts over the last few days:
> >>
> >> If it's a stranger,
> >> like a neighbourhood welcome
> >> group to new neighbours, then you
> >> can't be scared to say you are
> >> veg*n.
> >> -- Skanky

> > Nothing wrong with that

> I know WHY you do it: so you can be a smarmy, sanctimonious bitch.

Uh oh, someone didn't take his
fiber yesterday...

> >> I have no trouble
> >> saying to people "You might want
> >> to think twice about inviting me.
> >> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
> >> -- Skanky

> > I've had great success with this.

> You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to
> have the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your ****ing eating disorder.

You're the only participant in this
newgroup with an authentic
eating disorder.

> >> They don't mind
> >> talking about it either, so if they are
> >> having a dinner where the only
> >> vegan item is side of green peas,
> >> one can eat before the get-together
> >> or bring something.
> >> -- Skanky

> > True friends let you know.

> True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
> before the party or bring their own food.

Why not? It's completely sensible.

> > If the meal is too meat based

> You shouldn't be asked to attend.

If it was your's I'd turn down the
invite anyways, just like everyone
else.

> > there is also the option of
> > showing up to the party just
> > in time for desert and hanging
> > out.

> Dessert. A desert is a barren place, like inside your head. I'd be
> insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like you
> do. Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not
> telling you what a disrespectful asshole you are.

Your overly sensitive ability to
feel insulted and slighted is why
people don't like you.

> >> Other times they
> >> don't get offended if you bring your
> >> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
> >> -- Skanky

> > I've never offended anyone

> Liar. You clearly have.

Once. He was a little like you.
Petty. Pouty.

> > by doing this.

> You don't have eyes in the back of your head, else you'd be able to see
> how others respond to your loony antics.

It's not like where you're from.

> > Then again, maybe
> > Toronto is just a little more
> > laid back

> Your little clicqe may be accepting of you, but you're clearly on the
> kook fringe even in Toronto.

No. There are lots of vegetarians.
I'm often not the only one.

> > and accepting of
> > other's differences

> Okay, you ****ing asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for
> all. I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation
> where non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a
> city which is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In
> 2003, the last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for
> Texas, there were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22
> million. Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had
> 594 reported hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York
> had 602 reported hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and
> Massachusetts had 403 reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).
>
> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
> http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf

I don't care what races make up
your state, nor are we specifically
talking about hate crimes (a fringe
crime here). I'm talking about the
overall Texan attitude that's very
very promeat and anti-ar. Up here
in Canada, Alberta is a bit like
that.

> The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
> respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more
> of your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do,
> I'll get out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up
> in terms of hate crimes. Like this:
>
> Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
> crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
> from 187.
> http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm
>
> That's only ONE ****ing city with a metropolitan population a quarter
> the size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly
> four-times as many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!

That's funny. You put down hate
crimes in the same sentence as
you call me a bitch.

> > than a
> > hard to the right state like
> > Texas is.

> Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
> Democratic presidential candidate in every election since
> Reconstruction. As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as
> the rest of the nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and
> caricatures are way off base. See above.

And yet you still have that fear of
nonconformity that runs your life.

> >>It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
> >>"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
> >>many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
> >>your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
> >>be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

> > I have the skill

> You have no marketable skills, loser.

You're more skilled at being being
miserable.

usual suspect

>>>True friends are sympathetic to one's eating preferences.

>>True friends are honest if your preferences go overboard.

> You automatically assume that vegans go "overboard"

Veganism is already an extreme, so it's reasonable to point out vegans'
extremism when it manifests itself in irrational and offensive actions.

> It's far from reality.

Liar. Have you read through vegan literature or websites lately to see
how "overboard" they go in imposing their wills upon others? Not only in
terms of diet, Putz, but with respect to medicine, apparel, and so on.
Lesley this morning pasted some diatribe taking credit for shutting down
a farm that provided guinea pigs for medical research.

>>>You mean 'invited'. An invitation is not a request.

>>1. The act of inviting.
>>2. A spoken or written *REQUEST* for someone's presence or
>>participation.
>>3. An allurement, enticement, or attraction.
>>http://www.thefreedictionary.com/invitation

> 'Invitation' is still a more appropriate word.

An invitation IS a request. Dummy.

>>My emphasis. Are you a dummy or just a liar?

> You don't give many alternatives, do you?

One more then: Both.

>>Let's talk about you and Wendy. Are you still seeing her personally or
>>just professionally for your "issues" now?

> Why are you trying to change the subject again?

You're the one who's taken this thread away from discussing Skanky's
offenses, Putz. So let's discuss yours. Are you still seeing Wendy
personally or just professionally for your "issues"?
usual suspect

>>>Yes.

>>No.

> Yes.

No.

>>>What's normal?

>>Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard,
>>pattern, level, or type; typical.
>>http://www.thefreedictionary.com/normal

> The point

Is that she's abnormal. So are you.

>>>Oh, I thought

>>You've never thought before making your bogus claims, Putz.

> Which bogus claims are those?

All of them.
usual suspect

Scented Asshole wrote:

>>>Nothing wrong with that

>>I know WHY you do it: so you can be a smarmy, sanctimonious bitch.

> Uh oh,

You're wrong, Skanky.

>>>I've had great success with this.

>>You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to
>>have the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your ****ing eating disorder.

> You're the only

Address the issue, stupid. Why do you think it's a "success" that
everyone else has to cater to YOUR peculiar demands?

>>>True friends let you know.

>>True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
>>before the party or bring their own food.

> Why not?

It's offensive to make such demands on your host, or to shun your host's
generosity in favor of feeding yourself in some fashion as you describe.

>>>If the meal is too meat based

>>You shouldn't be asked to attend.

> If it was your's

You'll never be invited to my home, Skanky.

>>>there is also the option of
>>>showing up to the party just
>>>in time for desert and hanging
>>>out.

>>Dessert. A desert is a barren place, like inside your head. I'd be
>>insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like you
>>do. Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not
>>telling you what a disrespectful asshole you are.

But I also bet some have confided what others have said behind your back.

>>>I've never offended anyone

>>Liar. You clearly have.

> Once.

That you know of.

>>>by doing this.

>>You don't have eyes in the back of your head, else you'd be able to see
>>how others respond to your loony antics.

> It's not

You don't have eyes in the back of your head, dummy.

>>>Then again, maybe
>>>Toronto is just a little more
>>>laid back

>>Your little clicqe may be accepting of you, but you're clearly on the
>>kook fringe even in Toronto.

> No. There are lots of vegetarians.

So what. There are lots of vegetarians here.

>>>and accepting of
>>>other's differences

>>Okay, you ****ing asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for
>>all. I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation
>>where non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a
>>city which is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In
>>2003, the last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for
>>Texas, there were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22
>>million. Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had
>>594 reported hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York
>>had 602 reported hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and
>>Massachusetts had 403 reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).
>>
>>http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
>>http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf

> I don't care

That's why you're 43 and still sponging off your parents.

>>The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
>>respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more
>>of your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do,
>>I'll get out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up
>>in terms of hate crimes. Like this:
>>
>>Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
>>crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
>>from 187.
>>http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm
>>
>>That's only ONE ****ing city with a metropolitan population a quarter
>>the size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly
>>four-times as many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!

> That's funny.

I don't think it's funny at all that your city is filled with so much
hatred and violence for "different" people. Why is your hate crimes rate
FOUR TIMES higher than my state's?

>>>than a
>>>hard to the right state like
>>>Texas is.

>>Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
>>Democratic presidential candidate in every election since
>>Reconstruction. As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as
>>the rest of the nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and
>>caricatures are way off base. See above.

> And yet

You live in a city with an increasing number of hate crimes, and where
the number of officers working hate crimes is doubling because of the
serverity of the problem (which has doubled in the last decade).

Noting that hate crimes in Ontario have increased by 93 per cent
since 1996, Kwinter said the funding will ensure that police
stay one step ahead of hatemongers and racists.

Last winter, however, the unit’s funding appeared in jeopardy. A
spokesperson for Kwinter’s ministry informed the unit its
funding would be reduced, but the minister quickly reversed that
decision. However, for 10 weeks beginning in late March, the
unit’s lone staffer, Abbee Corb, was not paid. Funding resumed
on June 15.
http://www.cjnews.com/viewarticle.asp?id=7162

Why don't you people take violence more seriously up there? And why do
you accuse others of intolerance when your city has a hate crimes rate
four-times higher?

>>>I have the skill

>>You have no marketable skills, loser.

> You're more skilled

Yes, but that's comparing apples to oranges. You're comparable to a
slug, or a parasite.
usual suspect

Scented Asshole wrote:
>>And I've already responded by saying I'd much rather put aside my
>>preferences for ONE meal than to offend someone.

> "Much rather". Sounds like
> you're not sure.

"Much rather" is very clear, dumb ass.

> Wow, you accuse vegans of
> having religious views on food,

They do.
shrubkiller

usual suspect wrote:
> Scented Asshole wrote:
> >>And I've already responded by saying I'd much rather put aside my
> >>preferences for ONE meal than to offend someone.

> > "Much rather". Sounds like
> > you're not sure.

> "Much rather" is very clear, dumb ass.
>
> > Wow, you accuse vegans of
> > having religious views on food,

> They do.

~jonnie~, you don't make any more sense as "Usual" than you do as
"Rudy".

Why not just give up? The only one you impress is yourself......and
apparently that doesn't take much.

Pesco-vegan

Reasonable people would not expect you to eat something you feel
uncomfortable
eating. It is obvious from this thread that "usual suspect" is not a
reasonable person.

Joe

I wish the flamewars here would stop and civil discussions by you very
smart folk would reign. I wish we'd stick with veggie issues here
too.... I wi---

Anyway just to add something reasonable on this topic.... My guess on
reported crimes being higher in Toronto is that generally the various
cultures are highly intermingled in Toronto- and several other major
Canadian cities. Incidents may therefore be more common than in an
American city where cultures will tend to conglomerate more with their
own and be less likely to experience such episodes. The studies show
as apparently alarming don't reflect the populace's 'general'
willingness to get along as one attitude.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:40:21 GMT, usual suspect >
wrote:

>Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
>exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
>one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>
> > You snipped away my
> > real concern
> > about the other
> > possibilities.

>What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
>hosts?
>
> From some of your posts over the last few days:
>
> If it's a stranger,
> like a neighbourhood welcome
> group to new neighbours, then you
> can't be scared to say you are
> veg*n.
> -- Skanky
>
> I have no trouble
> saying to people "You might want
> to think twice about inviting me.
> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
> -- Skanky
>
> They don't mind
> talking about it either, so if they are
> having a dinner where the only
> vegan item is side of green peas,
> one can eat before the get-together
> or bring something.
> -- Skanky
>
> Other times they
> don't get offended if you bring your
> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
> -- Skanky
>
>It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
>"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
>many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
>your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
>be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .

eat

> >>True friends are honest if your preferences go overboard.

> > You automatically assume that vegans go "overboard"

> Veganism is already an extreme, so it's reasonable to point out vegans'
> extremism when it manifests itself in irrational and offensive actions.
>
> > It's far from reality.

> Liar. Have you read through vegan literature or websites lately to see
> how "overboard" they go in imposing their wills upon others? Not only in
> terms of diet, Putz, but with respect to medicine, apparel, and so on.
> Lesley this morning pasted some diatribe taking credit for shutting down
> a farm that provided guinea pigs for medical research.

> >>1. The act of inviting.
> >>2. A spoken or written *REQUEST* for someone's presence or
> >>participation.
> >>3. An allurement, enticement, or attraction.
> >>http://www.thefreedictionary.com/invitation

> > 'Invitation' is still a more appropriate word.

> An invitation IS a request. Dummy.
>
> >>My emphasis. Are you a dummy or just a liar?

> > You don't give many alternatives, do you?

> One more then: Both.
>
> >>Let's talk about you and Wendy. Are you still seeing her personally or
> >>just professionally for your "issues" now?

> > Why are you trying to change the subject again?

> You're the one who's taken this thread away from discussing Skanky's
> offenses, Putz. So let's discuss yours. Are you still seeing Wendy
> personally or just professionally for your "issues"?

You take offence at the possibility
that he is still seeing his girlfriend?
You are really uptight and jealous.
That also showed when you got
caught lying about having a
girlfriend for 4 years.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Asshole wrote:
> >>And I've already responded by saying I'd much rather put aside my
> >>preferences for ONE meal than to offend someone.

> > "Much rather". Sounds like
> > you're not sure.

> "Much rather" is very clear, dumb ass.

Saying that you would much rather
sounds like you've never been in
the situation. If memory serves,
you said "I'd much rather.."

> > Wow, you accuse vegans of
> > having religious views on food,

> They do.

Then why are you the only the second
person I've seen post about feeling
religious about diet (the other being
Jai M.)?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..

> >>I know WHY you do it: so you can be a smarmy, sanctimonious bitch.

> > Uh oh,

> You're wrong, Skanky.

About what Snipper?

> >>You're unbelievably narcissistic if you think that it's a success to
> >>have the WHOLE PARTY have to adapt to your ****ing eating disorder.

> > You're the only

> Address the issue, stupid. Why do you think it's a "success" that
> everyone else has to cater to YOUR peculiar demands?

The success is that people can
decide for themselves if they
want to invite me to an event or
not. I get enough invites to
satisfy my needs so I'm doing
something right.

> >>True friends needn't ask ahead of time so they can decide if they'll eat
> >>before the party or bring their own food.

> > Why not?

> It's offensive to make such demands on your host, or to shun your host's
> generosity in favor of feeding yourself in some fashion as you describe.

Nonsense. You get slighted
over the slightest things.

> >>You shouldn't be asked to attend.

> > If it was your's

> You'll never be invited to my home, Skanky.

I would never attend if I was. Yuk.

> >>Dessert. A desert is a barren place, like inside your head. I'd be
> >>insulted if my guests only showed up at the end of the party like you
> >>do. Your friends show a lot more class and tact than you do by not
> >>telling you what a disrespectful asshole you are.

> But I also bet some have confided what others have said behind your back.

No, none of that sort of stuff goes
on. My close friends are nothing
like the mix of good and bad
people here on the newsgroups.
I don't tend to hang out with easily
slighted and pouty people like you.

> >>Liar. You clearly have.

> > Once.

> That you know of.

It's very obvious if this happens.
Out of the ordinary but very
obvious.

> >>You don't have eyes in the back of your head, else you'd be able to see
> >>how others respond to your loony antics.

> > It's not

> You don't have eyes in the back of your head, dummy.

You need to assume/hope that I
am the subject of derision. That
again says loads about you.

> >>Your little clicqe may be accepting of you, but you're clearly on the
> >>kook fringe even in Toronto.

> > No. There are lots of vegetarians.

> So what. There are lots of vegetarians here.

> >>Okay, you ****ing asshole, let's deal with this bullshit once and for
> >>all. I live in a minority-majority state -- one of four in the nation
> >>where non-white populations exceed the white population. I live in a
> >>city which is one of the most diverse and integrated in the country. In
> >>2003, the last year for which I can find hate crimes statistics for
> >>Texas, there were 294 reported incidents; our population is over 22
> >>million. Comparatively speaking, the LIBERAL states of New Jersey had
> >>594 reported hate crimes (population just over 8.6 million), New York
> >>had 602 reported hate crimes (population of about 19 million), and
> >>Massachusetts had 403 reported hate crimes (population 5.2 million).
> >>
> >>http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050811/D8BTJN0O0.html
> >>http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/03hc.pdf

> > I don't care

> That's why you're 43 and still sponging off your parents.

Maybe you should go back to
the fishing store and buy some
different bait.

> >>The states you would call "hard to the right" treat others more
> >>respectfully, no matter how weird others are. So don't give me any more
> >>of your baseless sterotyping bullshit about "acceptance." If you do,
> >>I'll get out your own crime reports and see how well Ontario matches up
> >>in terms of hate crimes. Like this:
> >>
> >>Toronto's Hate Crime Unit reported a 22% rise of hate
> >>crimes in Metropolitan Toronto between 1997 and 1998, up to 228
> >>from 187.
> >>http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/evidence/series4_e.cfm
> >>
> >>That's only ONE ****ing city with a metropolitan population a quarter
> >>the size of my state. Why does your "accepting" city have nearly
> >>four-times as many hate crimes as my entire state, bitch?!

> > That's funny.

> I don't think it's funny at all that your city is filled with so much
> hatred and violence for "different" people. Why is your hate crimes rate
> FOUR TIMES higher than my state's?

In the same year? In the same
other years too? Why are we on
the subject of hate crimes rather
than just crimes in general?

> >>Hardly to the right. I live in the only county which has voted for the
> >>Democratic presidential candidate in every election since
> >>Reconstruction. As a whole, this state is about as far to the right as
> >>the rest of the nation -- just right of center. Your stereotypes and
> >>caricatures are way off base. See above.

> > And yet

> You live in a city with an increasing number of hate crimes, and where
> the number of officers working hate crimes is doubling because of the
> serverity of the problem (which has doubled in the last decade).
>
> Noting that hate crimes in Ontario have increased by 93 per cent
> since 1996, Kwinter said the funding will ensure that police
> stay one step ahead of hatemongers and racists.
>
> Last winter, however, the unit’s funding appeared in jeopardy. A
> spokesperson for Kwinter’s ministry informed the unit its
> funding would be reduced, but the minister quickly reversed that
> decision. However, for 10 weeks beginning in late March, the
> unit’s lone staffer, Abbee Corb, was not paid. Funding resumed
> on June 15.
> http://www.cjnews.com/viewarticle.asp?id=7162
>
> Why don't you people take violence more seriously up there? And why do
> you accuse others of intolerance when your city has a hate crimes rate
> four-times higher?

We were talking about general
acceptance of vegetarianism,
not racism. Funny you should
mention 'ism's though. You are
frequently ageist, sizeist, sexist,
homophobic, etc, etc.

you'd

> >>You have no marketable skills, loser.

> > You're more skilled

> Yes, but that's comparing apples to oranges. You're comparable to a
> slug, or a parasite.

So (even though you snipped it),
you agree that you are more skilled
at being miserable?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"Pesco-vegan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Reasonable people would not expect you to eat something you feel
> uncomfortable
> eating. It is obvious from this thread that "usual suspect" is not a
> reasonable person.

He has a strong fear of non-conformity.
His vegan eating style conflicts with
his need to be seen as 'normal'. He
sees admission of difference as a
fault and thus offensive.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

C. James Strutz

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
news
> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
> .. .

> eat

>> > You automatically assume that vegans go "overboard"

>> Veganism is already an extreme, so it's reasonable to point out vegans'
>> extremism when it manifests itself in irrational and offensive actions.
>>
>> > It's far from reality.

>> Liar. Have you read through vegan literature or websites lately to see
>> how "overboard" they go in imposing their wills upon others? Not only in
>> terms of diet, Putz, but with respect to medicine, apparel, and so on.
>> Lesley this morning pasted some diatribe taking credit for shutting down
>> a farm that provided guinea pigs for medical research.

>> > 'Invitation' is still a more appropriate word.

>> An invitation IS a request. Dummy.

>> > You don't give many alternatives, do you?

>> One more then: Both.

>> > Why are you trying to change the subject again?

>> You're the one who's taken this thread away from discussing Skanky's
>> offenses, Putz. So let's discuss yours. Are you still seeing Wendy
>> personally or just professionally for your "issues"?

> You take offence at the possibility
> that he is still seeing his girlfriend?
> You are really uptight and jealous.
> That also showed when you got
> caught lying about having a
> girlfriend for 4 years.

No, he's just "fishing" for weaknesses to attack. When he can't get any
information out of us he'll invent something to beat us up with. It further
demonstrates his character.

Pesco-vegan

usual suspect wrote:

> Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
> holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
> right....

Any host who offers you food with love would not want you to eat
it out of duty. would you feel angry at a hindu who politely declines
your beef steak, or a dieter who politely declines your cake?

> I'm sure you can discuss well beforehand your insecurities and
> peculiar food obsessions with the person in whose home you will
> be guest. Perhaps that person will sanctify a fake turkey -- a
> mockery to God -- to satisfy your eating disorder. What better
> way, though, than to show others that one can be a cheerful
> participant of the rest of the thanksgiving feast without eating
> the bird....

So it's OK to decline the turkey after all then?

> What's wrong with compromise on one bloody day of the entire
> year? Surely love of God and family outweighs the specious issue
> of veganism the entire year.
> yours truly: http://tinyurl.com/8sacw

Dutch

"Pesco-vegan" > wrote

> usual suspect wrote:
>

>> Any food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is
>> holy. To deny it is to profane all that is good, blessed, and
>> right....

> Any host who offers you food with love would not want you to eat
> it out of duty.

Yet they may be disappointed and insulted if you refuse their gift. That
kharma is upon your shoulders.

> would you feel angry at a hindu who politely declines
> your beef steak..?

"Though vegetarianism is associated with Hinduism, it is not true that even
a majority of Hindus are vegetarian, nor is it a condition of Hinduism to be
a vegetarian. In fact, it is stated in the "Manusmriti" (5:56), "There is no
sin in eating meat. but abstention brings great rewards." So, one cannot
state, "I am a vegetarian because I am a Hindu." Stating this may also imply
that all Hindus are vegetarian, which is not true."

So if a Hindu declines meat at your table it is because he seeks great
rewards on his own behalf, not because he is compelled by his God.

Pesco-vegan

Aren't Hindus supposed to avoid eating beef specifically because
they believe that cattle are sacred animals.

Would you be disappointed and offended if a vegan refused a gift
of meat that you offered?

Dutch

Groan... I assume that you're repling to me... yes fine.

"Pesco-vegan" > wrote

> Aren't Hindus supposed to avoid eating beef specifically because
> they believe that cattle are sacred animals.

No, that's a fallacy.

> Would you be disappointed and offended if a vegan refused a gift
> of meat that you offered?

I'm disappointed and offended just knowing that people are "vegan".

usual suspect

Pesco-vegan wrote:
> Reasonable people

don't call themselves "pesco-vegan."
usual suspect

Joe wrote:
> Anyway just to add something reasonable on this topic.... My guess on
> reported crimes being higher in Toronto is that generally the various
> cultures are highly intermingled in Toronto- and several other major
> Canadian cities.

Perhaps you should get out of Canada sometime and see that our
populations are a lot more alike than you seem to think.

> Incidents may therefore be more common than in an
> American city where cultures will tend to conglomerate more with their
> own

Tend to conglomerate with their own where? Does Vancouver not have a
Chinatown just like nearly every other large city in North America? Does
Skanky not live near "Greektown" on Danforth Avenue in Toronto?

Again, I think you should come to the US sometime and see just how
benighted and stereotypical your remarks are.

> and be less likely to experience such episodes. The studies show
> as apparently alarming don't reflect the populace's 'general'
> willingness to get along as one attitude.

Crime statistics show that urban Canada has at least as many problems
with hate crimes as US urban areas. In some cases, the problems in
Canada are much worse. That appears to be true with respect to Toronto,
the hate crimes capital of North America.

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:40:21 GMT, usual suspect >
> wrote:
>

>>Skanky's irrational obsession with my diet has led to an interesting
>>exchange about how she's offended her hosts in the past. Let's discuss
>>one facet of this dialogue a little deeper.
>>

>>>You snipped away my
>>>real concern
>>>about the other
>>>possibilities.

>>What "other possibilities"? How many OTHER ways have you offended your
>>hosts?
>>
>>From some of your posts over the last few days:
>>
>> If it's a stranger,
>> like a neighbourhood welcome
>> group to new neighbours, then you
>> can't be scared to say you are
>> veg*n.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> I have no trouble
>> saying to people "You might want
>> to think twice about inviting me.
>> I'm hard to feed being vegetarian.".
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> They don't mind
>> talking about it either, so if they are
>> having a dinner where the only
>> vegan item is side of green peas,
>> one can eat before the get-together
>> or bring something.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>> Other times they
>> don't get offended if you bring your
>> own, like veg patties to a bbq.
>> -- Skanky
>>
>>It sounds like you have plenty of experience with all of the above
>>"possibilities," you carless orthorexic OFFENSIVE asshole. Tell us how
>>many other ways you've offended gracious hosts, and please explain how
>>your serial offenses to other humans make you a better person than you'd
>>be if you'd eat what they graciously offer.

usual suspect

Skanky Nutball wrote:

> eat

>>>You automatically assume that vegans go "overboard"

>>Veganism is already an extreme, so it's reasonable to point out vegans'
>>extremism when it manifests itself in irrational and offensive actions.
>>

>>>It's far from reality.

>>Liar. Have you read through vegan literature or websites lately to see
>>how "overboard" they go in imposing their wills upon others? Not only in
>>terms of diet, Putz, but with respect to medicine, apparel, and so on.
>>Lesley this morning pasted some diatribe taking credit for shutting down
>>a farm that provided guinea pigs for medical research.

>>>'Invitation' is still a more appropriate word.

>>An invitation IS a request. Dummy.

>>>You don't give many alternatives, do you?

>>One more then: Both.

>>>Why are you trying to change the subject again?

>>You're the one who's taken this thread away from discussing Skanky's
>>offenses, Putz. So let's discuss yours. Are you still seeing Wendy
>>personally or just professionally for your "issues"?

> You take offence

No, Wendy did. That's why she tried to diagnose him with Asperger's.
usual suspect

Scented Asshole wrote:

>>>Uh oh,

>>You're wrong, Skanky.

> About what Snipper?

So far, everything.

>>>You're the only

>>Address the issue, stupid. Why do you think it's a "success" that
>>everyone else has to cater to YOUR peculiar demands?

> The success is that people

The other guests were forced to eat what YOU eat because you made a big
deal of your eating disorder in advance. That's NOT a success. It's a
****ing tragedy.

> I get enough invites to
> satisfy my needs

You're agoraphobic. Your "needs" are satisfied by laying about your
apartment, dummy.

>>>Why not?

>>It's offensive to make such demands on your host, or to shun your host's
>>generosity in favor of feeding yourself in some fashion as you describe.

> Nonsense.

It IS offensive. Why should they throw a party or invite *you* if you're
not going to gratefully and graciously accept their kindness?

>>>If it was your's

>>You'll never be invited to my home, Skanky.

> I would never attend

You'll never be invited to my home, Skanky.

>>But I also bet some have confided what others have said behind your back.

> No,

Yes.

>>>Once.

>>That you know of.

> It's very obvious if this happens.

Not to you.

>>>It's not

>>You don't have eyes in the back of your head, dummy.

> You need to assume/hope that I
> am the subject of derision.

No, I don't. You already are.

>>>No. There are lots of vegetarians.

>>So what. There are lots of vegetarians here.

>>>I don't care

>>That's why you're 43 and still sponging off your parents.

> Maybe you should

YOU should take care of yourself, Skanky, and let your old parents enjoy
retirement.

>>>That's funny.

>>I don't think it's funny at all that your city is filled with so much
>>hatred and violence for "different" people. Why is your hate crimes rate
>>FOUR TIMES higher than my state's?

> In the same year? In the same
> other years too? Why are we on
> the subject of hate crimes rather
> than just crimes in general?

You brought up the issue of tolerance and acceptance. As usual, your
points come back to bite your pimply, sagging old ass.

>>>And yet

>>You live in a city with an increasing number of hate crimes, and where
>>the number of officers working hate crimes is doubling because of the
>>serverity of the problem (which has doubled in the last decade).
>>
>>Noting that hate crimes in Ontario have increased by 93 per cent
>>since 1996, Kwinter said the funding will ensure that police
>>stay one step ahead of hatemongers and racists.
>>
>>Last winter, however, the unit’s funding appeared in jeopardy. A
>>spokesperson for Kwinter’s ministry informed the unit its
>>funding would be reduced, but the minister quickly reversed that
>>decision. However, for 10 weeks beginning in late March, the
>>unit’s lone staffer, Abbee Corb, was not paid. Funding resumed
>>on June 15.
>>http://www.cjnews.com/viewarticle.asp?id=7162
>>
>>Why don't you people take violence more seriously up there? And why do
>>you accuse others of intolerance when your city has a hate crimes rate
>>four-times higher?

> We were talking about general
> acceptance of vegetarianism

You made a very blanket statement (stereotype) about the state of Texas
with regard to acceptance and tolerance. I showed you that your city --
the hate crimes capital of North America -- is far less tolerant and
accepting of "different" people in the aggregate.

> you'd

>>>You're more skilled

>>Yes, but that's comparing apples to oranges. You're comparable to a
>>slug, or a parasite.

> So

You're unskilled. That's why you know so much about Ontario's welfare
system.

usual suspect

Scented Asshole wrote:

>>>"Much rather". Sounds like
>>>you're not sure.

>>"Much rather" is very clear, dumb ass.

> Saying that you would much rather
> sounds like

It means I've established my priorities as far as your hypothetical
scenarios go.

>>>Wow, you accuse vegans of
>>>having religious views on food,

>>They do.

> Then why are you the only the second
> person I've seen post about feeling
> religious about diet

I don't "feel religious about diet."
usual suspect

Scented Asshole wrote:
>>Reasonable people would not expect you to eat something you feel
>>uncomfortable
>>eating. It is obvious from this thread that "usual suspect" is not a
>>reasonable person.

> He has a strong fear

I have no fear.

> of non-conformity.

Non-conformists, particularly the type who childlishly conform to
non-conformity, amuse me. BTW, you're that childish
conforming-to-non-conformity type.
C. James Strutz

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
news

>>>You're the one who's taken this thread away from discussing Skanky's
>>>offenses, Putz. So let's discuss yours. Are you still seeing Wendy
>>>personally or just professionally for your "issues"?

>> You take offence

> No, Wendy did. That's why she tried to diagnose him with Asperger's.

Why do you try to hurt people? Unlike you, we're all human beings who have
successes and struggles in life. You seem to like to seek out people's
struggles and hardships and exaggerate them repeatedly. Nobody needs you to
remind us of our issues. We know what they are and we deal with them however
we are able. All of this from you, the person who writes stuff like "Any
food offered with love and in the spirit of gratitude is holy. To deny it is
to profane all that is good, blessed, and right". Anybody who treats people
as you do doesn't know anything about love, spirit, or goodness. That you
even pretend to express goodness in your endeavors makes me want to vomit.

Scented Nectar

> >>"Much rather" is very clear, dumb ass.

> > Saying that you would much rather
> > sounds like

> It means I've established my priorities as far as your hypothetical
> scenarios go.

Hypothetical? So you've never
eaten at other people's places?

> >>They do.

> > Then why are you the only the second
> > person I've seen post about feeling
> > religious about diet

> I don't "feel religious about diet."

http://tinyurl.com/8sacw
Yes you do.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
news

> > eat

> >>Veganism is already an extreme, so it's reasonable to point out vegans'
> >>extremism when it manifests itself in irrational and offensive actions.

> >>Liar. Have you read through vegan literature or websites lately to see
> >>how "overboard" they go in imposing their wills upon others? Not only in
> >>terms of diet, Putz, but with respect to medicine, apparel, and so on.
> >>Lesley this morning pasted some diatribe taking credit for shutting down
> >>a farm that provided guinea pigs for medical research.

> >>An invitation IS a request. Dummy.

> >>One more then: Both.

> >>You're the one who's taken this thread away from discussing Skanky's
> >>offenses, Putz. So let's discuss yours. Are you still seeing Wendy
> >>personally or just professionally for your "issues"?

> > You take offence

> No, Wendy did. That's why she tried to diagnose him with Asperger's.

You are jealous of anyone who has
a real girlfriend instead of a blowup
doll like you. You also wish him to
not be doing well. You're pathetic.