Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 04:12 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Skanky Carpetmuncher wrote:
Thanks for reading. I have a nonfood question (okay, but you can buy
incense in most natural foods stores). Does Nag Champa contain honey?

So what if it does?

Contradiction is no reason to be foul, f*ckface.


I asked, "So what if it does?" That's not being foul. Nor are the other
two questions I asked you, girlie-boy.


So eat my f*ck.


No, thanks.


If it CAN be done without harming bees, thats my business.


Why do you care more about ****ing bees than your own lungs or your


health?

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn1100
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts69.html
http://www.airinfonow.org/html/ed_particulate.html
http://tinyurl.com/7gvo4


SO buzz off!


I'm staying right here.


Thanks for the link. If I choose to dance with death, does that mean I
have to develop issues with other animals, insects, etc..?


It sounds like you've already developed issues, deeply pathetic ones.
Pity you haven't dealt with them yet.


I choose to limit that attachment to plants.


http://www.orthorexia.com


I hope your poop smells bad...


It smells no worse than yours, twit.



That would be because with the
exception of fish a couple of times
this year, US is a vegan himself.


I am not a vegan. Veganism is based on animal rights. I don't subscribe
to that philosophy. I believe animals should be afforded protections
under the law, consistent with the animal welfare position. My diet is
predominantly vegetarian, and even strictly so when I cook for myself.

He hates himself for it.


You're wrong.

He lives in Texas,


Which, of course, has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

the heart of barbequing
meat country and is tormented
by his choice of foods combined
with his need to fit in and conform.


Non sequiturs and utter lies. Austin is quite unlike any stereotype or
caricature you've developed in your feeble mind (braincell) about Texas.
If you think I have such a need to fit in and conform with those who
dine on BBQ, why have I recommended veg-n restaurants in this newsgroup?

http://tinyurl.com/7hbxf
http://tinyurl.com/aroqr
http://tinyurl.com/8kqk8

You're 180-degrees off, Skanky. As usual.

He thinks veganism is ALWAYS
an eating disorder,


And it is, as explained previously.

  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .
Skanky Carpetmuncher wrote:


Fear of *******s I see. Probably
from so many women telling you
that if you were the last man on
earth they'd turn to women.

Thanks for reading. I have a nonfood question (okay, but you can buy
incense in most natural foods stores). Does Nag Champa contain

honey?

So what if it does?

Contradiction is no reason to be foul, f*ckface.

I asked, "So what if it does?" That's not being foul. Nor are the other
two questions I asked you, girlie-boy.


So eat my f*ck.

No, thanks.


If it CAN be done without harming bees, thats my business.

Why do you care more about ****ing bees than your own lungs or your


health?

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn1100
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts69.html
http://www.airinfonow.org/html/ed_particulate.html
http://tinyurl.com/7gvo4


SO buzz off!

I'm staying right here.


Thanks for the link. If I choose to dance with death, does that mean I
have to develop issues with other animals, insects, etc..?

It sounds like you've already developed issues, deeply pathetic ones.
Pity you haven't dealt with them yet.


I choose to limit that attachment to plants.

http://www.orthorexia.com


I hope your poop smells bad...

It smells no worse than yours, twit.



That would be because with the
exception of fish a couple of times
this year, US is a vegan himself.


I am not a vegan. Veganism is based on animal rights. I don't subscribe
to that philosophy. I believe animals should be afforded protections
under the law, consistent with the animal welfare position. My diet is
predominantly vegetarian, and even strictly so when I cook for myself.

He hates himself for it.


You're wrong.


I'm right and you know it.

He lives in Texas,


Which, of course, has nothing to do with the issue at hand.


It's part and parcel of your fears.

the heart of barbequing
meat country and is tormented
by his choice of foods combined
with his need to fit in and conform.


Non sequiturs and utter lies. Austin is quite unlike any stereotype or
caricature you've developed in your feeble mind (braincell) about Texas.
If you think I have such a need to fit in and conform with those who
dine on BBQ, why have I recommended veg-n restaurants in this newsgroup?


Because you are confused and
tormented by your oil and water
mix of views.

http://tinyurl.com/7hbxf
http://tinyurl.com/aroqr
http://tinyurl.com/8kqk8

You're 180-degrees off, Skanky. As usual.

He thinks veganism is ALWAYS
an eating disorder,


And it is, as explained previously.


Only in your case, sicko



SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/



  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 05:06 PM
usual suspect
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Skanky wrote:
oh, i laughed so hard i cried. if that is true please don't tell me i
don't think that i could take it.


I kid you not.


Liar. You're full of shit.

He's a very confused
individual.


So says the arrested-development ditz whose moral confusion has led her
to go from saying "killing animals is wrong" to "killing animals is
mostly wrong" in her futile bid at self-justification.
  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 09:54 PM
buzzgun
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am researching your links. A nice article turned you can add to your
list. Many of your links are broken, or lead to articles 10 years old.
Not picking on your research skills, the info is quite solid. He
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/En...g_America.html

I am looking into macrobiotic, sustainable agriculture solutions in my
area.

I'll be back for more,
-0buzz-1

  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"buzzgun" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am researching your links. A nice article turned you can add
to your
list. Many of your links are broken, or lead to articles 10
years old.
Not picking on your research skills, the info is quite solid.
He
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/En...g_America.html
================

Not much usefullness there...



I am looking into macrobiotic, sustainable agriculture
solutions in my
area.

======================
And to re-use the phrase that vegans use about grass-fed beef and
game, you can't feed the world on those ideas. Local, in-season
foods are not going to sustain the world. Heck, it probably
wouldn't even be feasable for much of the US and Canada.
Besides, the vegans here on usenet are all about convenience and
focusing only on what they think others are doing. They do
nothing to check their own bloody footprints. They, like you
apparently, have NEVER even looked into the possibility that
differenet veggies have different costs in terms of animal deaths
and environmental damage. They've been too busy ranting about
others, so that thay CAN ignore their own actions.



I'll be back for more,

================
Anytime...


-0buzz-1





  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 11:06 PM
rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"buzzgun" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am researching your links. A nice article turned you can add
to your
list. Many of your links are broken, or lead to articles 10
years old.
Not picking on your research skills, the info is quite solid.
He
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/En...g_America.html
==================

btw, you complain about some of my links being 10 years old, yet
yours starts out with a book from 1962 using data from 1947 to
1960. However, farming is still farming. It relies on
mechanization and petro-chemical operations. Both of which kill
animals and destroys habitat. 2 things you will never get away
from if you are eating crop foods.


next, let's look at your site data.
"...Each year, over 100 million pounds of highly toxic active
ingredients from pesticides are released into the environment in
California alone...."

The top listed pesticides used are organic ones. According to
most vegans here on usenet, these somehow aren't toxic.
Sulfur, oils, methyl bromide, metam sodium
http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/dprdocs/puranal.htm
oh, and the data is 10 years old...


I am looking into macrobiotic, sustainable agriculture
solutions in my
area.

I'll be back for more,
-0buzz-1



  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-08-2005, 11:58 PM
buzzgun
 
Posts: n/a
Default


rick wrote:
==================
btw, you complain about some of my links being 10 years old, yet
yours starts out with a book from 1962 using data from 1947 to
1960. However, farming is still farming. It relies on
mechanization and petro-chemical operations. Both of which kill
animals and destroys habitat. 2 things you will never get away
from if you are eating crop foods.


That may be. I think what we are potentially after is a common
baseline. At some ideal point, lifestyles could include macrobiotic
solutions (canned goods, including meat). However, carbon neutral
solutions seem to have some merit. And what if there is no local meat
available? Isn't that the condition of millions of
metropolis-dwellers? I think that crop-rotation, diversified
agriculture, and natural suppression of pests is possible. In my area,
it is probably decades away from reality. I think I can limit my
consumption of food to a reasonable level, learn from/aid local
farmers, and keep my hatred of machines to a minimum. After all, I
think that industrialization is a good thing. The article I cited
refers to the unparalleled rise in productivity of American
agricultural PRIOR to the postwar boom in pesticide use/production. It
also mentions the problem that small farmers face in the competitive
marketplace. I speculate that your jibing 'rubes' for buying organic
only goes so far. There is alot of health reasons to buy organic,
according to people I have 'spoken' to. I will read further on that.

Just to be superfluous, I attended ONE meeting of animal
rights/vegan-vegetarians at my school this past year. They showed
clips of factory farming, rescued animals, and some tear-jerking
cow-hugging. To be honest, I don't react to animal suffering on film
negatively. To me, it is funny, because it is absurd. I suppose, on
further introspection, I could laugh if a mouse or vole was crushed
under a tractor wheel or a combine-track. I sometimes wish I was
completely benevolent. I'm not. I have not claimed to be. Yet, I
find this discussion very calming to my ego. I find the militant,
Hun-attitude to be a waste of energy. I realize my concern for bees is
superfluous as it stands.

regards,
-buzz-

  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-08-2005, 12:47 AM
rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"buzzgun" wrote in message
ups.com...

rick wrote:
==================
btw, you complain about some of my links being 10 years old,
yet
yours starts out with a book from 1962 using data from 1947 to
1960. However, farming is still farming. It relies on
mechanization and petro-chemical operations. Both of which
kill
animals and destroys habitat. 2 things you will never get
away
from if you are eating crop foods.


That may be. I think what we are potentially after is a common
baseline. At some ideal point, lifestyles could include
macrobiotic
solutions (canned goods, including meat). However, carbon
neutral
solutions seem to have some merit. And what if there is no
local meat
available? Isn't that the condition of millions of
metropolis-dwellers?

======================
LOL Like there ARE local crops available in metropolitan areas?
Meat is no more scarce than veggies.


I think that crop-rotation, diversified
agriculture, and natural suppression of pests is possible.

=======================
On a small scale, sure. But, you won't feed the world the way we
do now.


In my area,
it is probably decades away from reality. I think I can limit
my
consumption of food to a reasonable level, learn from/aid local
farmers, and keep my hatred of machines to a minimum. After
all, I
think that industrialization is a good thing. The article I
cited
refers to the unparalleled rise in productivity of American
agricultural PRIOR to the postwar boom in pesticide
use/production. It
also mentions the problem that small farmers face in the
competitive
marketplace. I speculate that your jibing 'rubes' for buying
organic
only goes so far. There is alot of health reasons to buy
organic,
according to people I have 'spoken' to.

=========================
Then they are trying to 'sell' you something. Organic produce is
in reality no different from regular produce in nutrition.
Again, organic does not mean pesticide-free, cruelty-free, or
death-free agriculture.


I will read further on that.

Just to be superfluous, I attended ONE meeting of animal
rights/vegan-vegetarians at my school this past year. They
showed
clips of factory farming, rescued animals, and some
tear-jerking
cow-hugging. To be honest, I don't react to animal suffering
on film
negatively. To me, it is funny, because it is absurd. I
suppose, on
further introspection, I could laugh if a mouse or vole was
crushed
under a tractor wheel or a combine-track. I sometimes wish I
was
completely benevolent. I'm not. I have not claimed to be.
Yet, I
find this discussion very calming to my ego. I find the
militant,
Hun-attitude to be a waste of energy. I realize my concern for
bees is
superfluous as it stands.

regards,
-buzz-





Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017