Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
usual suspect

Rupert wrote:
>>>The main point of veganism is to boycott factory-farming, which causes
>>>animals to lead miserable lives.
>>>
>>>The animals who live on factory farms have to be fed with plant
>>>products, the production of which will cause the death of wildlife.
>>>Animal products are an inefficient use of land,

>>False. You have no useful definition of efficiency to
>>support that claim. It's purely a value judgment, not
>>a reasoned finding.

> Well, more land is required to produce a given quantity of animal
> protein than same quantity of plant protein.

Wrong. Most of the land upon which cattle are grazed is unsuitable for
crop production. The cattle convert grasses and scrub -- which is all of
no use to humans with one stomach -- into protein which humans CAN eat.
They also do it more efficiently without need of combines, plows, water
for irrigation, pesticides, etc.