rick wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > The main point of veganism is to boycott factory-farming, which
> > causes
> > animals to lead miserable lives.

> =======================
> Problem for you is that vegans support massive fatory-farms,
> fool. All mono-cultue crop production is factory-farming, and it
> kills large numbers of animals, directly and indirectly. The
> only problem I see with Davis is that he only counts animals that
> are killed directly by crop farming. Your problem is that many
> more animals die per acre than are killed by machinery
> operations. Many more die at the end of the season from
> stavation and predation, because YOU forced their numbers to an
> unnaturally high level because of all the easy food and cover.
> You then take it all away when their numbers are the greatest,
> leaving them with nothing, killer. Too bad you're such a
> blood-thirsty ghoul, eh fool?

I think you'll find "factory-farming" usually refers to the intensive
rearing of animals. Have you got a justification for calling
mono-culture crop production "factory-farming"?

Anyway, it's all very well to abuse me for supporting these practices,
but you don't offer any serious alternative to doing so. If you had a
serious proposal for my further reducing the contribution I make to
animal suffering then I would consider it.