Momzilla

Default marshmallows: pangea vs veganessentials

I bought Vegan Supreme Marshmallows from Vegan Essentials last year and they
were so great.
I went to order more this year and they were out of stock so I ordered the
Vegan Sweet marshmallows from Pangea. Eehggh! They were gritty and rubbery
and not even sweet. They won't melt in Hot Chocolate. I used them up to
make Rice Crispy Treats, still no help. I should have added chocolate to the
mix to cover the bitter taste of the marshmallows.
After I ordered from Pangea, Veganessentials got the Marshmallows back in
stock. I ordered right away. The product has changed. The marshmallows are
now round instead of square and slightly rubbery but Vegan Supremes are
still Way better than Vegan Sweets. I'll keep my business with Vegan
Essentials from now on.

-nancy-

ScrubsFan

Momzilla wrote:
> I bought Vegan Supreme Marshmallows from Vegan Essentials last year and they
> were so great.
> I went to order more this year and they were out of stock so I ordered the
> Vegan Sweet marshmallows from Pangea. Eehggh! They were gritty and rubbery
> and not even sweet. They won't melt in Hot Chocolate. I used them up to
> make Rice Crispy Treats, still no help. I should have added chocolate to the
> mix to cover the bitter taste of the marshmallows.
> After I ordered from Pangea, Veganessentials got the Marshmallows back in
> stock. I ordered right away. The product has changed. The marshmallows are
> now round instead of square and slightly rubbery but Vegan Supremes are
> still Way better than Vegan Sweets. I'll keep my business with Vegan
> Essentials from now on.

This is very interesting information. I've lived without marshamallows
since becoming veggie back in the '80s but wondered if there could be a
really decent substitute. Sometimes I prefer to just do without a
certain item rather than end up with an inferior alternative, so I've
been reluctant to try any veggie marshmallows. But maybe I will now!

--

FREE "Bushisms" screensavers: www.smartassproducts.com/downloads.shtml
Vegan/vegetarian merchandise: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/227981
Momzilla

"ScrubsFan" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Momzilla wrote:
>> I bought Vegan Supreme Marshmallows from Vegan Essentials last year and
>> they were so great.
>> I went to order more this year and they were out of stock so I ordered
>> the Vegan Sweet marshmallows from Pangea. Eehggh! They were gritty and
>> rubbery and not even sweet. They won't melt in Hot Chocolate. I used
>> them up to make Rice Crispy Treats, still no help. I should have added
>> chocolate to the mix to cover the bitter taste of the marshmallows.
>> After I ordered from Pangea, Veganessentials got the Marshmallows back in
>> stock. I ordered right away. The product has changed. The marshmallows
>> are now round instead of square and slightly rubbery but Vegan Supremes
>> are still Way better than Vegan Sweets. I'll keep my business with Vegan
>> Essentials from now on.

> This is very interesting information. I've lived without marshamallows
> since becoming veggie back in the '80s but wondered if there could be a
> really decent substitute. Sometimes I prefer to just do without a certain
> item rather than end up with an inferior alternative, so I've been
> reluctant to try any veggie marshmallows. But maybe I will now!
>
> --

http://www.veganessentials.com/ The Marshmallows are very popular and on
back order yet again. They're worth the wait.
I've tried making them from scratch but it didn't work out.

-nancy-

ScrubsFan

Momzilla wrote:
>>This is very interesting information. I've lived without marshamallows
>>since becoming veggie back in the '80s but wondered if there could be a
>>really decent substitute. Sometimes I prefer to just do without a certain
>>item rather than end up with an inferior alternative, so I've been
>>reluctant to try any veggie marshmallows. But maybe I will now!

> http://www.veganessentials.com/

Thanks for the link; I'll take a look.

>The Marshmallows are very popular and on
> back order yet again. They're worth the wait.

How would you say they compare to 'real' marshmallows? (Assuming you've
had those in the past, of course.) Is the consistency similar? Do they
melt?

> I've tried making them from scratch but it didn't work out.

Wow! I'm not nearly that ambitious. :-)

--

FREE "Bushisms" screensavers: www.smartassproducts.com/downloads.shtml
Vegan/vegetarian merchandise: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/227981
Bush or chimp?: www.bushorchimp.com/pics.html
Dogs hate Bu$h, too: www.dogshatebush.com
Momzilla

"ScrubsFan" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Momzilla wrote:
>>>This is very interesting information. I've lived without marshamallows
>>>since becoming veggie back in the '80s but wondered if there could be a
>>>really decent substitute. Sometimes I prefer to just do without a
>>>certain item rather than end up with an inferior alternative, so I've
>>>been reluctant to try any veggie marshmallows. But maybe I will now!

>> http://www.veganessentials.com/

> Thanks for the link; I'll take a look.
>
>>The Marshmallows are very popular and on back order yet again. They're
>>worth the wait.

> How would you say they compare to 'real' marshmallows? (Assuming you've
> had those in the past, of course.) Is the consistency similar? Do they
> melt?

I think the Vegan Supremes are better than "real marshmallows" They melt
nice in hot chocolate but I haven't tried roasting them.

I burnt my marshmallows Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 6 30-03-2012 02:11 AM
Homemade Marshmallows Mimi Pass Recipes (moderated) 0 22-08-2006 03:32 AM
Mike's Marshmallows Marlene Wood Tea 1 14-08-2005 07:57 AM
Marshmallows Treats Tim Recipes 0 20-07-2005 11:02 PM