Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

Default No Meat, No Dairy, No Problem

No Meat, No Dairy, No Problem

Hindu Press International
Hinduism Today
http://www.hinduismtoday.com
Monday, January 2, 2012

New York, USA, December 29, 2011 (By Mark Bittman, food critic for
the NY Times) - Among your other resolutions -- do more good? make
more money? -- you've probably made the annual pledge to eat better,
although this concept may be more often reduced simply to "lose some
weight." The weight-loss obsession is both a national need and a
neurotic urge (those last five pounds really don't matter, either
cosmetically or medically). But most of us do need to eat "better."

If defining this betterness has become increasingly more difficult,
the core of the answer is known to everyone: eat more plants. And if
the diet that most starkly represents this -- veganism -- is no
longer considered bizarre or unreasonably spartan, neither is it
exactly mainstream.

Many vegan dishes, however, are already beloved: we eat fruit salad,
peanut butter and jelly, beans and rice, eggplant in garlic sauce. My
point here is to make semi-veganism work for you.These recipes serve
about four, and in all, the addition of salt and pepper is taken for
granted. This is not a gimmick or even a diet. It's a path, and the
smart resolution might be to get on it. Read them here.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...pagewanted=all

Source -
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/ma...pagewanted=all

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/blogs-n...lem/11754.html

More at:

Hinduism Today
http://www.hinduismtoday.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:03:18 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>No Meat, No Dairy, No Problem
>
>Hindu Press International
>Hinduism Today
>http://www.hinduismtoday.com
>Monday, January 2, 2012
>
>New York, USA, December 29, 2011 (By Mark Bittman, food critic for
>the NY Times) - Among your other resolutions -- do more good? make
>more money? -- you've probably made the annual pledge to eat better,
>although this concept may be more often reduced simply to "lose some
>weight." The weight-loss obsession is both a national need and a
>neurotic urge (those last five pounds really don't matter, either
>cosmetically or medically). But most of us do need to eat "better."
>
>If defining this betterness has become increasingly more difficult,
>the core of the answer is known to everyone: eat more plants. And if
>the diet that most starkly represents this -- veganism -- is no
>longer considered bizarre or unreasonably spartan, neither is it
>exactly mainstream.

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

tires, paper, upholstery, floor waxes, glass, water
filters, rubber, fertilizer, antifreeze, ceramics, insecticides,
insulation, linoleum, plastic, textiles, blood factors, collagen,
heparin, insulin, solvents, biodegradable detergents, herbicides,
gelatin capsules, adhesive tape, laminated wood products,
plywood, paneling, wallpaper and wallpaper paste, cellophane
wrap and tape, abrasives, steel ball bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

No Meat, No Dairy, No Problem

Hindu Press International
Hinduism Today
http://www.hinduismtoday.com

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

· The meat industry includes habitats in which a small
variety of animals are raised. The animals in those
habitats, as those in any other, are completely dependant
on them to not only sustain their lives, but they also
depend on them to provide the pairing of sperm and egg
that begins their particular existence. Those animals will
only live if people continue to raise them for food.

Animals that are born to other groups--such as wild
animals, pets, performing animals, etc.--are completely
different groups of animals. Regardless of how many or few
animals are born to these other groups, the billions of animals
which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
for their existence. ·

http://www.agrabilityproject.org/ima...ge002_0015.jpg
http://www.karlschatz.com/yearoftheg...es/skyland.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2305/...b1a8025730.jpg
http://www.quailhunt.net/images/Quail%20Farm2.jpg
http://images.usatoday.com/news/_pho.../04/10/egg.jpg
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...s/duckpond.jpg
http://www.csulb.edu/~odinthor/Sheep.jpg
http://www.seldomseenfarm.co.uk/imag...se%20540-2.jpg
http://www.jamesranch.net/images/home_cow_red_cliff.jpg
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/.../mds_p7f11.JPG
http://www.drgobbler.com/images/turkeys.JPG
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...0Q2LI/610x.jpg
http://www.cohabnet.org/images/img_issue3.2_lrg.jpg
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/images/2008/01/389523.gif
http://www.colleenpatrick.com/blog/u...-13-782938.jpg
http://www.sprucedale.com/images/feedlot.jpg
http://www.saucierquail.com/farm4.jpg
http://www.fwi.co.uk/Assets/GetAsset...ItemID=3802569
http://www.banhdc.org/images/ch-hor-20060319.jpg
http://www.sheep101.info/Images/VAfeedlot.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ss-fedCows.jpg
http://bentleycellars.com/db2/00200/...SheepRanch.JPG
http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/apr2...15_feedlot.jpg
http://www.agralarm.com/images/400_Texas_Broilers.jpg
http://www.circlekquailfarm.com/200%20x%20134.JPG
http://www.moonridgefarm.co.uk/USERI...re%20quail.jpg
http://www.therunningduckfarm.com/images/fieldtripw.jpg
http://www.agriproducts.com.au/verve...heep2_page.jpg
http://www.harveyquarterhorseranch.c.../allhorses.jpg
http://www.jphpk.gov.my/English/Asmawi%20M.%20Tahir.jpg
http://www.realclimate.org/images/Sheep.jpg
http://www.cps.gov.on.ca/french/ev10000/ev10703.jpg
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040212/wd6.jpg
http://www.mtexpress.com/2000/06-21-00/u21cov1.jpg
http://www.farm-energy.ca/IReF/uploa.../Lighting2.jpg
http://www.piercefarmwatch.org/image...lsurvivors.jpg
http://www.mountvernonfarm.net/images/cows1.jpg
http://www.biblicalresearchreports.c..._bare_dirt.jpg
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image..._bank416ap.jpg
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uima...MorrisBeef.jpg
http://www.alcockhorseranch.com/images/horse.gif
http://www.boerdurhamgoatfarm.com/im...oats-2-061.jpg
http://www.mountain-beef.com/images/sales.jpg
http://www.vivavegie.org/vvi/vva/vvi.../chickens.jpeg
http://www.kingbirdfarm.com/images/K...op%20house.jpg
http://www.prairiespringsranch.com/images/13.jpg
http://www.countryliving.com/cm/coun...DEN0805-de.jpg
http://www.specialtytravel.com/opera...ogos/18059.jpg
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

<dh@.> wrote
> the billions of animals
> which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
> for their existence. ·

SO WHAT? As a consumer of meat and many other animal products, and a
supporter of most farming, I don't give a shit that livestock "depend on
consumers for their existence". That is a completely meaningless factoid.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:08:21 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote
>> the billions of animals
>> which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
>> for their existence. ·

>SO WHAT? As a consumer of meat and many other animal products, and a
>supporter of most farming, I don't give a shit that livestock "depend on
>consumers for their existence". That is a completely meaningless factoid.

Not to those of us who honestly favor decent lives for livestock over
elimination. You get a DUUUUH!!! for that one, idiot child.
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:08:21 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
>><dh@.> wrote
>>> the billions of animals
>>> which are raised for food will always be dependant on consumers
>>> for their existence. ·

>>SO WHAT? As a consumer of meat and many other animal products, and a
>>supporter of most farming, I don't give a shit that livestock "depend on
>>consumers for their existence". That is a completely meaningless factoid.
>>

> Not to those of us who honestly favor decent lives for livestock over
> elimination.

So it somehow makes you feel good does it? How nice for you, and creepy.

FYI "decent lives" is the logical alternative to "bad lives", not to
"elimination", "elimination" is the alternative to lives of any quality.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:44:16 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:08:21 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>>
>>><dh@.> wrote
>>>
>>>SO WHAT? As a consumer of meat and many other animal products, and a
>>>supporter of most farming, I don't give a shit that livestock "depend on
>>>consumers for their existence". That is a completely meaningless factoid.
>>>

>> Not to those of us who honestly favor decent lives for livestock over
>> elimination.

>So it somehow makes you feel good does it? How nice for you, and creepy.

LOL!!! Is it "creepy" to you that I can appreciate the lives of livestock I
don't consume any parts of too...LOL...or only those I do? If both [chortle] do
you think it's *more* creepy that I appreciate those I do consume parts of than
those I don't? Why or why not?
.. . .
>"elimination" is the alternative to lives of any quality.

Doy which is why anyone who honestly favors decent lives over elimination
should be opposed to elimination, doy again, and your inability to comprehend
much less appreciate that significant aspect of the situation is one of the ways
you reveal yourself, doy yet again.

Looks like the Sriracha problem wasn't a problem after all. ImStillMags General Cooking 1 16-07-2014 11:39 PM
Dairy Cream/Butter is better than Non-Dairy Substitutes. Radium General Cooking 4 12-01-2007 05:57 PM
Dairy Cream/Butter is better than Non-Dairy Substitutes. Radium Baking 1 12-01-2007 10:41 AM
dairy book prasarita Vegan 9 12-01-2004 12:16 AM
Red meat, dairy items may trigger disease C. James Strutz Vegan 4 06-10-2003 02:02 PM