Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Vera Mahina Perks: Fresh, Organic Herbs

Fresh herbs have more than twice the nutrients than dried herbs, use
them as much as possible since they are not simply a flavor enhancer -
they are also medicine.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On 27/08/2011 12:15 PM, Tara Hafiza wrote:
> Fresh herbs have more than twice the nutrients than dried herbs, use
> them as much as possible since they are not simply a flavor enhancer -
> they are also medicine.

Many herbs have more potency when dried - ask any Chinese apothecary.
Fresh is better for flavour in many - not all - cases, but dried often
works better medicinally.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Who_me? wrote:
> On 27/08/2011 12:15 PM, Tara Hafiza wrote:
>> Fresh herbs have more than twice the nutrients than dried herbs, use
>> them as much as possible since they are not simply a flavor enhancer -
>> they are also medicine.

> Many herbs have more potency when dried - ask any Chinese apothecary.
> Fresh is better for flavour in many - not all - cases, but dried often
> works better medicinally.

I read an article recently that wilted plants lose little or nothing
from the fresh state. Drying out is another matter. Moisture leaving the
plant might have the effect of increasing or decreasing the percentage
of a nutrient in the original plant.