Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Freezing Organic, Ripe, Fresh Tomatoes: Vera Perks

Put the tomatoes in freezer bags and freeze them whole.
To remove the skin: put the frozen tomatoes in boiling water for a few
seconds and the skin will peel right off.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:23:14 -0700 (PDT), Tara Hafiza
> wrote:

>Put the tomatoes in freezer bags and freeze them whole.
>To remove the skin: put the frozen tomatoes in boiling water for a few
>seconds and the skin will peel right off.

Will that still work if the tomatoes are not organic?
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 9/9/2011 12:02 PM, Ross@home wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:23:14 -0700 (PDT), Tara Hafiza
> > wrote:
>
>> Put the tomatoes in freezer bags and freeze them whole.
>> To remove the skin: put the frozen tomatoes in boiling water for a few
>> seconds and the skin will peel right off.

> Will that still work if the tomatoes are not organic?

Mine aren't and that works for them. I pick the tomatoes, wash and dry
them, put them into vacuum bags, vacuum seal, and stick in the freezer
with the date written on them. Take them out, put in the fridge, let
thaw, the skins slip off easily and you can drain the juice from the
pulp if you wish.

I know you were tongue-in-cheek and very firmly there Ross. Y'all reckon
the foodbanter folks are now posting through gmail in order to get
around filters? Sure sounds like it.