Old 23-06-2011, 11:10 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default FORMER RONALD McDONALD TURNS VEGETARIAN ACTIVIST

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:40:34 -0700 (PDT), Rupert
wrote:

On Jun 22, 7:03*am, [email protected] wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:57:00 -0700 (PDT), Rupert
wrote:

On Jun 21, 1:26*pm, [email protected] wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:27:32 GMT, and/orwww.mantra.com/jai

(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:
Former Ronald McDonald Turns Vegetarian Activist

Hinduism Today Magazine
. . .
having a
tougher time now making their children understand the necessity and
the urgency of a nonviolent, vegetarian diet

* · Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

tires, paper, upholstery, floor waxes, glass, water
filters, rubber, fertilizer, antifreeze, ceramics, insecticides,
insulation, linoleum, plastic, textiles, blood factors, collagen,
heparin, insulin, solvents, biodegradable detergents, herbicides,
gelatin capsules, *adhesive tape, laminated wood products,
plywood, paneling, wallpaper and wallpaper paste, cellophane
wrap and tape, abrasives, steel ball bearings

* * The meat industry provides life for the animals that it
being vegan.
* * From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

I type "grass raised beef Sydney" into Google and found this.

http://www.greenhillorganicmeat.com....anic-beef.html

So, you would have me believe that the production of this beef causes
less deaths per serving than tofu? Is that the story?

* * That's it. I've already told you countless times why, and why grass raised
dairy is better than soy and especially rice milk. Since I've told you so many
times, instead of taking the time to tell you again I emailed a rep for the farm
and told her what I've been pointing out to you asking if she would confirm and
maybe add to it. If she does I'll pass it on to you and maybe you'll believe it
if someone like that lets you know. Of course she might tell me I'm wrong too,
and if so I'll pass it on anyway and also let you know if I believe it or not.

What would be your take on Matheny's article?

http://www.veganoutreach.org/enewsletter/matheny.html

Do you think it is relevant to this issue?

It all is. I haven't looked into it a whole lot, but from what I've seen and
heard overall believe that rotational grazing would be the best way to go. I
don't know of Davis or Gaverick mentioning that specifically. Even using
rotational grazing it would depend on how it's done. Overall though I'm still
convinced that grass raised animal products involve fewer deaths than soy
products, and a LOT less than rice.