Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ronald McDonald Put to Pasture

Even clowns have a lifespan! I feel the pain!

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...fies/19866419/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 3, 12:20*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> Even clowns have a lifespan! I feel the pain!
>
> http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...cdonald-put-to...

I guess they are getting away from the old mentality that if you lure
the kids they will demand to go to Mickey D's and the parents have to
bring them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 03/03/2011 3:28 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Mar 3, 12:20 pm, Chemo the > wrote:
>> Even clowns have a lifespan! I feel the pain!
>>
>> http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...cdonald-put-to...

> I guess they are getting away from the old mentality that if you lure
> the kids they will demand to go to Mickey D's and the parents have to
> bring them.

Maybe Ronald has already served his purpose. He was part of an
advertising campaign that, as you pointed out, lured kids in, aloong
with their parents. Those kids are now adults and are regular customers,
and they might possibly be by the juvenile represented by q clown.....
even if they still have their taste buds in their butts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 12:28:21 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Mar 3, 12:20*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> > Even clowns have a lifespan! I feel the pain!
> >><http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/company-news/ronald-mcdonald-put-to-pasture-as-fast-food-chain-gentrifies/19866419/>

> I guess they are getting away from the old mentality that if you lure
> the kids they will demand to go to Mickey D's and the parents have to
> bring them.

The kids are grown up and have kids of their own that they take to
McDonald's now, so indoctrination is complete.

Jack-In-The-Box grew up and made their mascot head of the company, but
I don't think McDonald's wants people to think their company head is a
clown.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 2:20*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> Even clowns have a lifespan! I feel the pain!
>
> http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...cdonald-put-to...

Ronald McDonald is actually in the hospital with a severe case of
Brain Flukes which he picked up from eating undercooked seafood in an
Asian McDonalds which served, according to a McDonalds spokeswoman,
"Some kind of weird ocean shit that those guys seem to like over
there."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 12:59*pm, Andy > wrote:
> ImStillMags > wrote:
> > On Mar 3, 12:20 pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> >> Even clowns have a lifespan! I feel the pain!

> >>http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...-mcdonald-put-

> "We're Sorry. The page you requested was not found."
>
> Guess that was a bunch of BS.
>
> Andy

It's obvious that all those double cheeseburgers has affected your
mind.

try this: http://tinyurl.com/47ofkew
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 15:25:50 -0600, Andy > wrote:

> sf > wrote:
>
> > Jack-In-The-Box

> We called it Gag-in-the-Bag.
>
> My favorite fast/junk food... the "Ultimate Cheeseburger" was an absolute
> must! 1,000,001 calories of fat and goodness but hey, I live. They even had
> squeeze tubes of guac!!! It don't get junkier than that!
>
> Screw In'n'Out!!!

You know what fast food is good? Carl's! My opinion is based on only
one dish, but if the rest is up to that quality - it's good all over.
I took GS there a month or two ago. He ordered chicken
fingers/nuggets (whatever they're called) which turned out to be real
chicken breast meat cooked just right and the coating wasn't thick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 14:59:31 -0600, Andy > wrote:

> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Mar 3, 12:20*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> >> Even clowns have a lifespan! I feel the pain!
> >>
> >> http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...-mcdonald-put-

> "We're Sorry. The page you requested was not found."
>
> Guess that was a bunch of BS.

The dots in the post meant it had been abbreviated. You needed to
plug the part you had into Google which would have given you the
correct address. That's what I did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> I guess they are getting away from the old mentality that if you lure
> the kids they will demand to go to Mickey D's and the parents have to
> bring them.

Or maybe they found out that a guy dressed in a clown suit just can't
compete with what's on tv, whereas a cheap toy wrapped in plastic can
trump everything.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 17:47:12 -0600, Andy > wrote:

> sf,
>
> In L.A., we had a Carl's Jr at the end of our block. It stunk
> practically 24/7.
>
> I ate there exactly once! A bacon "western" cheeseburger. The sauce
> tasted like medicine.
>
> BLECH!!!

You were in LA a long, long time ago, Andy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 5:08*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 15:25:50 -0600, Andy > wrote:
> > sf > wrote:

> > > Jack-In-The-Box

> > We called it Gag-in-the-Bag.

> > My favorite fast/junk food... the "Ultimate Cheeseburger" was an absolute
> > must! 1,000,001 calories of fat and goodness but hey, I live. They even had
> > squeeze tubes of guac!!! It don't get junkier than that!

> > Screw In'n'Out!!!

> You know what fast food is good? *Carl's! *My opinion is based on only
> one dish, but if the rest is up to that quality - it's good all over.
> I took GS there a month or two ago. *He ordered chicken
> fingers/nuggets (whatever they're called) which turned out to be real
> chicken breast meat cooked just right and the coating wasn't thick.

They have better burgers and better fries than the three larger ones
(McD's, BK and Wendy's) and sell real milkshakes. Here they are
called Hardee's, a chain that Carl's bought out and took from being
really awful, to being just Carl's Jr. under a different name.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 5:47*pm, Andy > wrote:
> sf > wrote:

> >> We called it Gag-in-the-Bag.

> >> My favorite fast/junk food... the "Ultimate Cheeseburger" was an
> >> absolute must! 1,000,001 calories of fat and goodness but hey, I
> >> live. They even had squeeze tubes of guac!!! It don't get junkier
> >> than that!

> >> Screw In'n'Out!!!

> > You know what fast food is good? *Carl's! *My opinion is based on only
> > one dish, but if the rest is up to that quality - it's good all over.
> > I took GS there a month or two ago. *He ordered chicken
> > fingers/nuggets (whatever they're called) which turned out to be real
> > chicken breast meat cooked just right and the coating wasn't thick.

> sf,
>
> In L.A., we had a Carl's Jr at the end of our block. It stunk
> practically 24/7.
>
> I ate there exactly once! A bacon "western" cheeseburger. The sauce
> tasted like medicine.
>
> BLECH!!!

Any time you get a burger with any kind of sauce on it, you're rolling
the dice. Of course you have zero cred when it comes to taste anyway.

> Best,
>
> Andy

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 02:58:08 -0600, Andy > wrote:

> There Hardee's (east coast Carl's Jr.) over here. The menu isn't as
> extensive as Carl's.

I didn't realize Carl's wasn't nationwide! I've never heard of
Hardee's out here (who knows what goes on in SoCal), but I hear Sonic
opened in Vacaville - so anything is possible.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 04:21:53 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> They have better burgers and better fries than the three larger ones
> (McD's, BK and Wendy's) and sell real milkshakes.

They're more expensive than the other three, but worth the extra money
if you're going to eat fast food anyway (AFAIC).

> Here they are
> called Hardee's, a chain that Carl's bought out and took from being
> really awful, to being just Carl's Jr. under a different name.

Thanks, I didn't know Carl's was called Hardee's on the East Coast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 9:43*am, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 02:58:08 -0600, Andy > wrote:
> > There Hardee's (east coast Carl's Jr.) over here. The menu isn't as
> > extensive as Carl's.

> I didn't realize Carl's wasn't nationwide! *I've never heard of
> Hardee's out here (who knows what goes on in SoCal), but I hear Sonic
> opened in Vacaville - so anything is possible.

Sonic is really crappy.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 10:29*am, Bryan > wrote:
> On Mar 4, 9:43*am, sf > wrote:> On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 02:58:08 -0600, Andy > wrote:
> > > There Hardee's (east coast Carl's Jr.) over here. The menu isn't as
> > > extensive as Carl's.

> > I didn't realize Carl's wasn't nationwide! *I've never heard of
> > Hardee's out here (who knows what goes on in SoCal), but I hear Sonic
> > opened in Vacaville - so anything is possible.

> Sonic is really crappy.
>
> --Bryan

Pig slop is pig slop. Some better, some worse, but in the end it's
still all just pig slop.

Belly up to the trough!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 10:29*am, Bryan > wrote:
> On Mar 4, 9:43*am, sf > wrote:> On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 02:58:08 -0600, Andy > wrote:
> > > There Hardee's (east coast Carl's Jr.) over here. The menu isn't as
> > > extensive as Carl's.

> > I didn't realize Carl's wasn't nationwide! *I've never heard of
> > Hardee's out here (who knows what goes on in SoCal), but I hear Sonic
> > opened in Vacaville - so anything is possible.

> Sonic is really crappy.
>
> --Bryan

I'll try again...

Pig slop is pig slop. Some better, some worse, but it's all still just
pig slop!

Belly up to the trough!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 08:29:04 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 9:43*am, sf > wrote:
> > On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 02:58:08 -0600, Andy > wrote:
> > > There Hardee's (east coast Carl's Jr.) over here. The menu isn't as
> > > extensive as Carl's.

> > I didn't realize Carl's wasn't nationwide! *I've never heard of
> > Hardee's out here (who knows what goes on in SoCal), but I hear Sonic
> > opened in Vacaville - so anything is possible.
> >

> Sonic is really crappy.

No idea, I still haven't sighted one. Thanks for the warning, but I'm
always good for at least one try.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 02:52:28 -0600, wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 12:28:21 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
> >On Mar 3, 12:20*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> >> Even clowns have a lifespan! I feel the pain!

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...cdonald-put-to...

> >I guess they are getting away from the old mentality that if you lure
> >the kids they will demand to go to Mickey D's and the parents have to
> >bring them.

> Useless link above. Dont bother clicking on it.
>
> Why cant people learn to use tinyurl.com for long links.

Just take what you've got and paste it into google
http://tinyurl.com/4zlfjbk

Senior Member

Location: WI

Clowns are frickin' weird. Now, I can finally try McD's. Oh boy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 21, 2:24*pm, Andy > wrote:
> Gorio > wrote:
>
> > Clowns are frickin' weird. Now, I can finally try McD's. Oh boy!

> Gorio,
>
> <G>
>
> A McD near me, a year or so ago removed the kid's play gym, most likely
> in the interest of relief from liability lawsuits where sharing germs,
> poop and pee amongst kids was probably a strong legal issue to avoid.
>
> Personally, I thought that all began when they first opened their doors.
> Fecal contaminant reports for McD have been pretty disgusting, imho.
>
> We never got to eat there, except once on a midwest uSA vacation with a
> sign reading "Last chance food for 100 miles." I ordered a plain
> hamburger. We drove off and Mom dealt it all out. My plain hamburger had
> onions and pickles and ketchup on it. I just about threw up. I begged
> them to turn back to correct the huge mistake but we were too far down
> the desert road and I couldn't pull rank. Instead I cried for miles and
> miles and miles.
>
> I felt so betrayed by my family. Heck, at 8 years old... I got rights!!!
> LOL! I threw it out the car window rather than turn it over to my sister
> in resigned defeat. Screw that!
>
> Andy

What a cry baby.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 21, 12:44*pm, sf > wrote:

> Just take what you've got and paste it into google

That sentence, taken in isolation, is funny.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

>> Just take what you've got and paste it into google

> That sentence, taken in isolation, is funny.

Did you put it in your pipe and smoke it?

Bob