Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default FORMER RONALD McDONALD TURNS VEGETARIAN ACTIVIST

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:40:34 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
wrote:

>On Jun 22, 7:03*am, dh@. wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:57:00 -0700 (PDT), Rupert >
>> wrote:

>> >I type "grass raised beef Sydney" into Google and found this.

>> >http://www.greenhillorganicmeat.com....anic-beef.html

>> >So, you would have me believe that the production of this beef causes
>> >less deaths per serving than tofu? Is that the story?

>> * * That's it. I've already told you countless times why, and why grass raised
>> dairy is better than soy and especially rice milk. Since I've told you so many
>> times, instead of taking the time to tell you again I emailed a rep for the farm
>> and told her what I've been pointing out to you asking if she would confirm and
>> maybe add to it. If she does I'll pass it on to you and maybe you'll believe it
>> if someone like that lets you know. Of course she might tell me I'm wrong too,
>> and if so I'll pass it on anyway and also let you know if I believe it or not.

>What would be your take on Matheny's article?
>
>http://www.veganoutreach.org/enewsletter/matheny.html
>
>Do you think it is relevant to this issue?

It all is. I haven't looked into it a whole lot, but from what I've seen and
heard overall believe that rotational grazing would be the best way to go. I
don't know of Davis or Gaverick mentioning that specifically. Even using
rotational grazing it would depend on how it's done. Overall though I'm still
convinced that grass raised animal products involve fewer deaths than soy
products, and a LOT less than rice.