Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,soc.culture.indian.gujarati

Default kirasatin meateaters intrude vegetarian show

On alt.food.vegan, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) > wrote:

Top-posting corrected.
I am sure that if we were dining together I'd have to show him
how to use a fork.

> In article >,
> "harmony" > posted:
>
>> how insensitive can meateater kirastanis be?
>>
>> According to a report published on entertainment site, Asit
>> Modi, Producer of popular Sab TV daily comedy serial Taarak
>> Mehta ka ooltah chashmah, asked Sab TV to remove the KFC
>> non-veg food item commercial ad from the break during his
>> show on a single viewer's demand respecting the sentiments of
>> Gujaratis who are mostly vegetarian. The channel supported
>> Modi's view and removed the ad notwithstanding the financial
>> loss.
>>
>> According to report, recently a Gujarati viewer of Taarak
>> Mehta ka ooltah chashmah from Jain community was disturbed
>> to see a commercial of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) during
>> the break of the show, that he wrote a letter to the producer
>> Asit Modi and the Sab TV channel demanding the ad to be
>> removed. Not one to disappoint a single fan (and definitely
>> not a Gujarati), Asit Modi and the channel removed the KFC
>> commercial.
>>
>> Tarak Mehta .is the literary work of a veteran Gujarati author
>> Shri Tarak Mehta. The producer, several actors and major chunk
>> of viewers are Gujaratis.
>>

> Meat eaters are just one step away from being cannibals, so
> offending vegetarians is no big deal to them.

That is quite true. By any objective standards, the difference
between a cow and a human being is miniscule. Eat a barbecued
'hamburger' at a restaurant and if it was made from your mother's
flesh you wouldn't be able to tell.

A big part of the Western meateater's diet is a ritual of domination
where they demonstrate to themselves and others that they are at
the Top of the Food Chain, the Victor in the Struggle to Rule
the World. The Rulers of Nature.

Then a nice hurricane or earthquake or tornado or flood comes
along and shows them to be the deluded fools they are.

Yep, the fearsome American warrior can be seen stalking the
deadly steak in the local supermarket on Saturday morning,
and after an incredible struggle with the deadly creature
he brings it home and he and his friends gather around
the barbecue and stuff their piggy faces and pretend that
this proves they are the King of the Jungle.

Sid