Suzie-Q

Default Margarine

I've just noticed that Country Crock margarine contains whey. Is this
unusual, or does most margarine contain whey?

Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617
ICQ: 349878998
Steve

Suzie-Q wrote:
> I've just noticed that Country Crock margarine contains whey. Is this
> unusual, or does most margarine contain whey?

They all vary. Most margarines contain hydrogenated oil which are the
"killer fats" (trans fatty acids ) you read so much about these days.

There is a brand called "Earth Balance" which has neither.

You may need to go to a health food store for it

--
Steve
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real unless it can be seen
on television or bought in a shopping mall"
Steve

Suzie-Q wrote:
> I've just noticed that Country Crock margarine contains whey. Is this
> unusual, or does most margarine contain whey?

They all vary. Most margarines contain hydrogenated oil which are the
"killer fats" (trans fatty acids ) you read so much about these days.

There is a brand called "Earth Balance" which has neither.

You may need to go to a health food store for it

--
Steve
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real unless it can be seen
on television or bought in a shopping mall"
John Coleman

can also try mashed avocado as well

John Coleman

can also try mashed avocado as well

Weird margarine Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 93 04-02-2014 06:51 AM
So...why use margarine instead of butter? Michel Boucher[_3_] General Cooking 31 13-11-2008 05:05 AM
Butter/Margarine Paul Giverin Baking 3 03-01-2006 09:40 PM
Butter Vs. Margarine Opinicus Historic 18 10-11-2004 09:31 PM
the food value of margarine... Haximus Vegan 1 01-11-2003 06:49 PM