C. James Strutz

Default Stuffed zucchini recipe

I planted some really cool round zucchinis this year and just
harvested the first one. They are perfect for stuffing - I'm looking
for something interesting to stuff them with, not the typical zucchini
pulp with tomatoes and rice. Anyone have a favorite stuffed zucchini
recipes you'd like to share? Thanks in advance.

Rubystars

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> I planted some really cool round zucchinis this year and just
> harvested the first one. They are perfect for stuffing - I'm looking
> for something interesting to stuff them with, not the typical zucchini
> pulp with tomatoes and rice. Anyone have a favorite stuffed zucchini
> recipes you'd like to share? Thanks in advance.

Try bread crumbs, margarine, and onions.

-Rubystars

Rubystars

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> I planted some really cool round zucchinis this year and just
> harvested the first one. They are perfect for stuffing - I'm looking
> for something interesting to stuff them with, not the typical zucchini
> pulp with tomatoes and rice. Anyone have a favorite stuffed zucchini
> recipes you'd like to share? Thanks in advance.

Try bread crumbs, margarine, and onions.

-Rubystars

Heidi

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> I planted some really cool round zucchinis this year and just
> harvested the first one. They are perfect for stuffing - I'm looking
> for something interesting to stuff them with, not the typical zucchini
> pulp with tomatoes and rice. Anyone have a favorite stuffed zucchini
> recipes you'd like to share? Thanks in advance.

Stuffed Zucchini

This is great vegetarian dish that can be used as the main dish or cut into
smaller portions and served as a side item. Makes 4 main course servings.

Here's what you'll need:
1 large zucchini(about 10 inches long, 3 inches wide)
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup soft white bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and crosswise. Scoop out the inner pulp,
leaving a 1/4 inch-thick shell; set the 4 shells aside. Dice the zucchini
pulp. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic; saute 2
minutes.
Add diced zucchini pulp; saute 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute just until
mushrooms are tender. Stuff into zucchini shells.
In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses, bread
crumbs, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir cheese mixture. Top
with vegetables already in the zucchini shells.
Bake at 325* for about 1/2 hour, or until all is hot, browned, and bubbly.

Yummm.....

Heidi

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> I planted some really cool round zucchinis this year and just
> harvested the first one. They are perfect for stuffing - I'm looking
> for something interesting to stuff them with, not the typical zucchini
> pulp with tomatoes and rice. Anyone have a favorite stuffed zucchini
> recipes you'd like to share? Thanks in advance.

Stuffed Zucchini

This is great vegetarian dish that can be used as the main dish or cut into
smaller portions and served as a side item. Makes 4 main course servings.

Here's what you'll need:
1 large zucchini(about 10 inches long, 3 inches wide)
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup soft white bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and crosswise. Scoop out the inner pulp,
leaving a 1/4 inch-thick shell; set the 4 shells aside. Dice the zucchini
pulp. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic; saute 2
minutes.
Add diced zucchini pulp; saute 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute just until
mushrooms are tender. Stuff into zucchini shells.
In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses, bread
crumbs, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir cheese mixture. Top
with vegetables already in the zucchini shells.
Bake at 325* for about 1/2 hour, or until all is hot, browned, and bubbly.

Yummm.....

C. James Strutz

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> I planted some really cool round zucchinis this year and just
> harvested the first one. They are perfect for stuffing - I'm looking
> for something interesting to stuff them with, not the typical

zucchini
> pulp with tomatoes and rice. Anyone have a favorite stuffed zucchini
> recipes you'd like to share? Thanks in advance.

I made my stuffed zucchini last night. I sautéed some chopped onions,
chopped green peppers, chopped red potatoes (previously boiled) in
some olive oil. Then I added some wild mushrooms (hen-of-the-woods and
chanterelles), chopped roma tomatoes, some TVP, and lots of garlic. So
far so good. Then I ruined it by mindlessly adding WAY too much
rosemary. Ah well, the damage was already done so I stuffed the
zucchini halves anyway, sprinkled them with a little grated cheese,
and baked them. They turned out great except that I over had seasoned
them. The good news is that more of the round zucchinis are on the
way. Will try again...

C. James Strutz

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> I planted some really cool round zucchinis this year and just
> harvested the first one. They are perfect for stuffing - I'm looking
> for something interesting to stuff them with, not the typical

zucchini
> pulp with tomatoes and rice. Anyone have a favorite stuffed zucchini
> recipes you'd like to share? Thanks in advance.

I made my stuffed zucchini last night. I sautéed some chopped onions,
chopped green peppers, chopped red potatoes (previously boiled) in
some olive oil. Then I added some wild mushrooms (hen-of-the-woods and
chanterelles), chopped roma tomatoes, some TVP, and lots of garlic. So
far so good. Then I ruined it by mindlessly adding WAY too much
rosemary. Ah well, the damage was already done so I stuffed the
zucchini halves anyway, sprinkled them with a little grated cheese,
and baked them. They turned out great except that I over had seasoned
them. The good news is that more of the round zucchinis are on the
way. Will try again...

Kake L Pugh

C. James Strutz > wrote:
> I planted some really cool round zucchinis this year and just
> harvested the first one. They are perfect for stuffing - I'm looking
> for something interesting to stuff them with, not the typical zucchini
> pulp with tomatoes and rice.

Sweetcorn! Puree some cooked sweetcorn kernels, mix with some whole
kernels. Season with black pepper and whatever else takes your fancy.
Add some hot chilli sauce. Mix in a little grated vegan cheese for
texture. Put it into the hollowed-out zucchini and bake.

Or make a herby breadcrumb filling with fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs,
very finely-chopped onion, some chopped fresh tomatoes, and lots and
lots of your favourite fresh herbs. Mix in a little olive oil for
moisture and flavour, if you like.

Add the pulp that you removed when you hollowed them out to a soup or
pasta sauce, or home-made bread or cake.

Kake

Kake L Pugh

Stuffed Zucchini koko General Cooking 4 15-08-2015 11:28 PM
Zucchini tribute: my recipe with many many pics [was Zucchini?] Pandora General Cooking 7 26-07-2007 01:09 PM
Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 17-09-2006 07:17 PM
stuffed zucchini J. Davidson General Cooking 0 13-06-2005 09:27 PM
Stuffed zucchini? Kswck General Cooking 29 30-07-2004 11:03 AM