Kswck

Default Stuffed zucchini?

I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody help
me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

PENMART01

>"Kswck" writes:
>
>I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
>stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing.

Hmm, 3 inches around means less than 1 inch diameter... that's mighty thin for
stuffing, unless yer gonna stuff it into... hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"Kswck" writes:
>
>I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
>stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing.

Hmm, 3 inches around means less than 1 inch diameter... that's mighty thin for
stuffing, unless yer gonna stuff it into... hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Nancree

I just used cottage cheese laced with garlic and parmesan.
Nancree
---------------->I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents
at a farm
>stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
>350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
>pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
>pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
>consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
>I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
>I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody help
>me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

Nancree

I just used cottage cheese laced with garlic and parmesan.
Nancree
---------------->I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents
at a farm
>stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
>350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
>pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
>pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
>consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
>I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
>I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody help
>me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

Nancree

Oops, I forgot to mention that the cottage cheese, garlic and parmesan is held
together with a beaten egg.
Nancree
Nancree

Oops, I forgot to mention that the cottage cheese, garlic and parmesan is held
together with a beaten egg.
Nancree
jmcquown

Kswck wrote:
> I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a
> farm stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking
> it in a 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or
> white bell pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black
> pepper, sometimes a pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with
> mozzarella.(I hate the consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
> I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
> I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can
> anybody help me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

How about adding some browned bulk sausage to your normal mixture?

Jill

Ken

"Kswck" > wrote in message t>...
> I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
> stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
> 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
> pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
> pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
> consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
> I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
> I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody help
> me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

Is there a reason you're doing a vegie version?

Ken
sf

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:19:39 -0000, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I would leave
> out the dill and basil and find other herbs more compatible with turkey
> that your SO can tolerate. I really like the sausage idea though.

People usually make stuffed zucchini to get away from meat,
not embrace it.

sf

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:19:39 -0000, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I would leave
> out the dill and basil and find other herbs more compatible with turkey
> that your SO can tolerate. I really like the sausage idea though.

People usually make stuffed zucchini to get away from meat,
not embrace it.

sf

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:19:39 -0000, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I would leave
> out the dill and basil and find other herbs more compatible with turkey
> that your SO can tolerate. I really like the sausage idea though.

People usually make stuffed zucchini to get away from meat,
not embrace it.

jmcquown

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:19:39 -0000, Dog3
> <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:
>

>> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I
>> would leave out the dill and basil and find other herbs more
>> compatible with turkey that your SO can tolerate. I really like
>> the sausage idea though.
>>

> People usually make stuffed zucchini to get away from meat,
> not embrace it.

Not me, sweetie I make stuffed eggplant and stuffed acorn squash in a
similar manner, with some of the 'meat' from the fruit and then add browned
sausage and other stuffing ingredients. The original post simply specified
no hot sauce, not "no meat".

Jill

jmcquown

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:19:39 -0000, Dog3
> <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:
>

>> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I
>> would leave out the dill and basil and find other herbs more
>> compatible with turkey that your SO can tolerate. I really like
>> the sausage idea though.
>>

> People usually make stuffed zucchini to get away from meat,
> not embrace it.

Not me, sweetie I make stuffed eggplant and stuffed acorn squash in a
similar manner, with some of the 'meat' from the fruit and then add browned
sausage and other stuffing ingredients. The original post simply specified
no hot sauce, not "no meat".

Jill

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> "jmcquown" > got ****ed off and typed
> :
>
>> Kswck wrote:
>>> I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a
>>> farm stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be
>>> baking it in a 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts,
>>> minced red or white bell pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean
>>> and black
>>> pepper, sometimes a pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with
>>> mozzarella.(I hate the consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
>>> I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
>>> I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can
>>> anybody help me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

>> How about adding some browned bulk sausage to your normal mixture?
>>
>> Jill

> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I would
> leave out the dill and basil and find other herbs more compatible
> with turkey that your SO can tolerate. I really like the sausage
> idea though.
>
> Michael

You can find turkey breakfast "sausage" (I like the Mr. Turkey brand); it is
spiced pretty much like regular breakfast sausage so no real adjustments
would be required. Otherwise, what goes with ground turkey? Hmmm, I'm
thinking some ground ginger, just off the top of my head. Or how about
ground lamb?

Jill

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> "jmcquown" > got ****ed off and typed
> :
>
>> Kswck wrote:
>>> I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a
>>> farm stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be
>>> baking it in a 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts,
>>> minced red or white bell pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean
>>> and black
>>> pepper, sometimes a pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with
>>> mozzarella.(I hate the consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
>>> I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
>>> I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can
>>> anybody help me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

>> How about adding some browned bulk sausage to your normal mixture?
>>
>> Jill

> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I would
> leave out the dill and basil and find other herbs more compatible
> with turkey that your SO can tolerate. I really like the sausage
> idea though.
>
> Michael

You can find turkey breakfast "sausage" (I like the Mr. Turkey brand); it is
spiced pretty much like regular breakfast sausage so no real adjustments
would be required. Otherwise, what goes with ground turkey? Hmmm, I'm
thinking some ground ginger, just off the top of my head. Or how about
ground lamb?

Jill

Kswck

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"Kswck" writes:
> >
> >I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
> >stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing.

> Hmm, 3 inches around means less than 1 inch diameter... that's mighty thin

for
> stuffing, unless yer gonna stuff it into... hehe
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Pardon me, oh mighty one. Three inches across.

Kswck

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"Kswck" writes:
> >
> >I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
> >stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing.

> Hmm, 3 inches around means less than 1 inch diameter... that's mighty thin

for
> stuffing, unless yer gonna stuff it into... hehe
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Pardon me, oh mighty one. Three inches across.

Kswck

"Ken" > wrote in message
> "Kswck" > wrote in message

t>...
> > I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
> > stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
> > 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
> > pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
> > pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
> > consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
> > I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
> > I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody

help
> > me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

> Is there a reason you're doing a vegie version?
>
> Ken

No particular reason.

PENMART01

>"Kswck" writes:
>
>>"PENMART01"wrote
>> >"Kswck" writes:
>> >
>> >I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
>> >stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing.

>> Hmm, 3 inches around means less than 1 inch diameter... that's mighty thin

>for
>> stuffing, unless yer gonna stuff it into... hehe

>Pardon me, oh mighty one. Three inches across.

You'd choke. hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

sf

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:45:55 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:19:39 -0000, Dog3
> > <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:
> >

> >> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I
> >> would leave out the dill and basil and find other herbs more
> >> compatible with turkey that your SO can tolerate. I really like
> >> the sausage idea though.
> >>

> > People usually make stuffed zucchini to get away from meat,
> > not embrace it.
> >

> Not me, sweetie I make stuffed eggplant and stuffed acorn squash in a
> similar manner, with some of the 'meat' from the fruit and then add browned
> sausage and other stuffing ingredients. The original post simply specified
> no hot sauce, not "no meat".

I'll call you Carnivor from now on.
<ducking>

sf

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:45:55 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:19:39 -0000, Dog3
> > <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:
> >

> >> I thought sausage too or maybe ground turkey. If using turkey I
> >> would leave out the dill and basil and find other herbs more
> >> compatible with turkey that your SO can tolerate. I really like
> >> the sausage idea though.
> >>

> > People usually make stuffed zucchini to get away from meat,
> > not embrace it.
> >

> Not me, sweetie I make stuffed eggplant and stuffed acorn squash in a
> similar manner, with some of the 'meat' from the fruit and then add browned
> sausage and other stuffing ingredients. The original post simply specified
> no hot sauce, not "no meat".

I'll call you Carnivor from now on.
<ducking>

Kswck

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"Kswck" writes:
> >
> >>"PENMART01"wrote

farm

> >> Hmm, 3 inches around means less than 1 inch diameter... that's mighty

thin
> >for
> >> stuffing, unless yer gonna stuff it into... hehe

> >Pardon me, oh mighty one. Three inches across.

> You'd choke. hehe
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Can't resist, can you? You sir, are a twit.

Kswck

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"Kswck" writes:
> >
> >>"PENMART01"wrote

farm

> >> Hmm, 3 inches around means less than 1 inch diameter... that's mighty

thin
> >for
> >> stuffing, unless yer gonna stuff it into... hehe

> >Pardon me, oh mighty one. Three inches across.

> You'd choke. hehe
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Can't resist, can you? You sir, are a twit.

Jeff Russell

I was thinking about sausage too. But for something different, what about
chopped prawns, lemon grass, egg whites, shallots and Thai spices.
It might make the zucc pop and not mask it.
Ground chicken would work too.

"Kswck" > wrote in message
> I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
> stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
> 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
> pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
> pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
> consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
> I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
> I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody

help
> me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

Jeff Russell

"Kswck" > wrote in message
> I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
> stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
> 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
> pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
> pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
> consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
> I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
> I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody

help
> me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

Jeff Russell

"Kswck" > wrote in message
> I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
> stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
> 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
> pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
> pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
> consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
> I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
> I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody

help
> me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

Ken

"Kswck" > wrote in message t>...
> "Ken" > wrote in message
> > "Kswck" > wrote in message

> t>...
> > > I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a farm
> > > stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be baking it in a
> > > 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced red or white bell
> > > pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and black pepper, sometimes a
> > > pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top with mozzarella.(I hate the
> > > consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
> > > I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
> > > I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can anybody

> help
> > > me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

> > Is there a reason you're doing a vegie version?
> >
> > Ken

> No particular reason.

As Jill said, you can use sausage, with rice, some onions, bell
pepper, carrots, whatever, some tomato paste or pre-made spaghetti
sauce, etc., to taste. The sausage should be spiced already, but you
can add whatever you like, basil, anise, etc., even salt and pepper.

If you like more of a meat loaf, then use more sausage. If you want
it more vegie, then use the ingredients accordingly. Bake at about
350 for 45 minutes or so. Then I'd add the mozzarella slices after
it's removed from the over so the heat of the zucchini would melt them
slightly, but not dissolve them.

I did a quick, very quick, search and couldn't find exactly what I was
looking for. But here's a link to a basic version that you could
change to suit you needs.

http://www.recipesource.com/fgv/stuf...0/rec0086.html

Ken
jmcquown

Jeff Russell wrote:
> I was thinking about sausage too. But for something different, what
> about chopped prawns, lemon grass, egg whites, shallots and Thai
> spices.
> It might make the zucc pop and not mask it.
> Ground chicken would work too.

That sounds like a plan!

Jill
> "Kswck" > wrote in message
>> I picked up a 12 inch long 3 inch around zucchini for 25 cents at a
>> farm stand. I am looking for a unique stuffing for it (I'll be
>> baking it in a 350deg oven). Normally I use some of the guts, minced
>> red or white bell pepper, red onion, fresh grated parmesean and
>> black pepper, sometimes a pinch of home dried dill or basil, and top
>> with mozzarella.(I hate the consistency of bread crumbs in squash).
>> I should say that I cannot use hot sauce as my SO has an ulcer.
>> I am looking for something a bit different and/or unusual. Can
>> anybody help me (no nasty cracks Sheldon).

jmcquown

Stuffed Zucchini koko General Cooking 4 15-08-2015 11:28 PM
Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 17-09-2006 07:17 PM
Pandoras stuffed zucchini Jen General Cooking 14 28-01-2006 02:36 AM
stuffed zucchini J. Davidson General Cooking 0 13-06-2005 09:27 PM
Stuffed zucchini recipe C. James Strutz Vegan 8 12-08-2004 10:11 PM