katie

Default i don't know about you guys...

but i can't WAIT for the itty bitty tomatoes in my garden to grow and
ripen!!!

mmm...don't you love to just scarf down loads of fresh veggies right from
your back yard? that's one of my very favourite things. i love to just
pick a tomato and a whole whack of buttercrunch lettuce, and throw it into a
sandwich. mmm... and it's so neat to plant something and watch it grow,
and then eat this incredible vegetable, and know that you actually grew it
yourself. gardening is the most rewarding thing ever ()

i'm so excited!

C. James Strutz

"katie" > wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
> but i can't WAIT for the itty bitty tomatoes in my garden to grow

and
> ripen!!!
>
> mmm...don't you love to just scarf down loads of fresh veggies right

from
> your back yard? that's one of my very favourite things. i love to

just
> pick a tomato and a whole whack of buttercrunch lettuce, and throw

it into a
> sandwich. mmm... and it's so neat to plant something and watch it

grow,
> and then eat this incredible vegetable, and know that you actually

grew it
> yourself. gardening is the most rewarding thing ever ()
>
> i'm so excited!

I agree with you - there's nothing like using vegetables that you grew
in a garden. I'm growing round zucchini squash this year as a new
garden item. I discovered them at a farmer's market last year. They're
great for stuffing and baking. BTW, we had so many tomatoes last year
that we froze the surplus instead of canning. It's a lot easier than
canning and the tomatoes don't lose any flavor. Peeling is even
easier - just rince under hot water and the skin peels right off.
Great for things like making tomato sauce from scratch.

katie

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "katie" > wrote in message
> . cable.rogers.com...
> > but i can't WAIT for the itty bitty tomatoes in my garden to grow

> and
> > ripen!!!
> >
> > mmm...don't you love to just scarf down loads of fresh veggies right

> from
> > your back yard? that's one of my very favourite things. i love to

> just
> > pick a tomato and a whole whack of buttercrunch lettuce, and throw

> it into a
> > sandwich. mmm... and it's so neat to plant something and watch it

> grow,
> > and then eat this incredible vegetable, and know that you actually

> grew it
> > yourself. gardening is the most rewarding thing ever ()
> >
> > i'm so excited!

> I agree with you - there's nothing like using vegetables that you grew
> in a garden. I'm growing round zucchini squash this year as a new
> garden item. I discovered them at a farmer's market last year. They're
> great for stuffing and baking. BTW, we had so many tomatoes last year
> that we froze the surplus instead of canning. It's a lot easier than
> canning and the tomatoes don't lose any flavor. Peeling is even
> easier - just rince under hot water and the skin peels right off.
> Great for things like making tomato sauce from scratch.

we have one of those dorky two-door fridges, so the freezer is too small to
do that. so we slice up any extra tomatoes and dry them for making sauces
and stuff. of course, i'd rather just eat them all fresh ()

Is Tea bad for Guys? jimmyleo Tea 15 05-10-2013 02:55 PM
Five Guys vs. In'N'Out aem General Cooking 23 10-05-2011 12:39 AM
Hey guys Sebaone Barbecue 5 17-10-2009 05:38 PM
you guys are right... mikel Barbecue 1 09-10-2006 02:44 AM
You guys ... Nancy Young General Cooking 20 08-11-2003 01:43 AM