Laurie

Default 100% of people tested had pesticide resudues

http://www.organicconsumers.org/food...ides051704.cfm

usual suspect

Larry wrote:
> http://www.organicconsumers.org/food...ides051704.cfm

"We need to adopt sustainable agriculture techniques. Even if you only
eat organic produce, these chemicals are in the air, the water, the
stuff you touch. That's why we're calling for removal of these
pesticides from the environment."
- Monica Moore, co-director of activist group based Pesticide Action
Network North America

One of the problems with organic produce is that it is rarely if ever tested for
pesticide residues; did the study cited in your link include organic pesticides
or only synthetics, Larry? People seem to have the impression that organic
produce is free of pesticides, but they are not. Pyrethrins -- listed as human
carcinogens by EPA -- are used in organic agriculture. Organic farmers also
apply more pyrethrins than conventional farmers apply synthetics.

[M]any of the widely used synthetic pesticides are based on natural
plant-defense chemicals. Synthetic versions of pyrethrum (known as
pyrethroids) make it possible to protect a crop with one or two sprays
instead of spraying natural pyrethrum five to seven times at higher
volumes.
http://www.hudson.org/index.cfm?fuse...etails&id=1107

Organic is *not* a solution, it's just an anti-science/anti-capitalist position
taken by groups like PANNA and Organic Consumers ASSociation.