Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Looking For A Fungicide & Pesticide Source For Small Vineyard Maintenance

Some friends and I will be starting a small hobby vineyard
(approximately 1 acre) next spring. We plan to try a combination of
several Vinifera, hybrids, and American varietals. We'll likely need
small quantities of several different types fungicides and pesticides.

Does anyone know of suppliers that serve the small quantity needs of
hobby vineyard operators? Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles Erwin
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Charles E wrote:

> Some friends and I will be starting a small hobby vineyard
> (approximately 1 acre) next spring. We plan to try a combination of
> several Vinifera, hybrids, and American varietals. We'll likely need
> small quantities of several different types fungicides and pesticides.
>
> Does anyone know of suppliers that serve the small quantity needs of
> hobby vineyard operators? Any leads would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Charles Erwin

You may have issues with certification. It varies from state to state,
but in New york state you need certification for a lot of fungicides.
You can probably buy some of the less toxic stuff from a garden center.
It may not specifically be for grapes though. If you know a grapegrower
see if you can do a deal with them.

James.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I wonder how difficult & time consuming it is to get certified. Also,
where would one go to ge certified?

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:13:52 -0500, James >
wrote:

>Charles E wrote:
>
>> Some friends and I will be starting a small hobby vineyard
>> (approximately 1 acre) next spring. We plan to try a combination of
>> several Vinifera, hybrids, and American varietals. We'll likely need
>> small quantities of several different types fungicides and pesticides.
>>
>> Does anyone know of suppliers that serve the small quantity needs of
>> hobby vineyard operators? Any leads would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Charles Erwin

>You may have issues with certification. It varies from state to state,
>but in New york state you need certification for a lot of fungicides.
>You can probably buy some of the less toxic stuff from a garden center.
>It may not specifically be for grapes though. If you know a grapegrower
>see if you can do a deal with them.
>
>James.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Whee are you located?

Here in california, non-commercial vineyard does not require permits to
spray. I purhcase products such as Kumulus sulfur and Kaligreen from
Peaceful Valley Farm supplies. Good online store - google them.

> Some friends and I will be starting a small hobby vineyard
> (approximately 1 acre) next spring. We plan to try a combination of
> several Vinifera, hybrids, and American varietals. We'll likely need
> small quantities of several different types fungicides and pesticides.
>
> Does anyone know of suppliers that serve the small quantity needs of
> hobby vineyard operators? Any leads would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Charles Erwin

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

We're in Alabama. I'm not sure what regulations would be in place and
I don't even know how to find out. I'll check out Peaceful Valley.
Thanks!

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 04:30:04 GMT, "Ric" > wrote:

>Whee are you located?
>
>Here in california, non-commercial vineyard does not require permits to
>spray. I purhcase products such as Kumulus sulfur and Kaligreen from
>Peaceful Valley Farm supplies. Good online store - google them.
>

>> Some friends and I will be starting a small hobby vineyard
>> (approximately 1 acre) next spring. We plan to try a combination of
>> several Vinifera, hybrids, and American varietals. We'll likely need
>> small quantities of several different types fungicides and pesticides.
>>
>> Does anyone know of suppliers that serve the small quantity needs of
>> hobby vineyard operators? Any leads would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Charles Erwin

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Contact your local Agriculture Extension Office.
They will be able to tell you where to get the fungicides and also the
regulations where you live.

"Charles E" > wrote in message
> We're in Alabama. I'm not sure what regulations would be in place and
> I don't even know how to find out. I'll check out Peaceful Valley.
> Thanks!
>

> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 04:30:04 GMT, "Ric" > wrote:
>
>>Whee are you located?
>>
>>Here in california, non-commercial vineyard does not require permits to
>>spray. I purhcase products such as Kumulus sulfur and Kaligreen from
>>Peaceful Valley Farm supplies. Good online store - google them.
>>

>>> Some friends and I will be starting a small hobby vineyard
>>> (approximately 1 acre) next spring. We plan to try a combination of
>>> several Vinifera, hybrids, and American varietals. We'll likely need
>>> small quantities of several different types fungicides and pesticides.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of suppliers that serve the small quantity needs of
>>> hobby vineyard operators? Any leads would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Charles Erwin

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Thanks!

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 06:41:20 -0500, "Jeannie Goforth"
> wrote:

>Contact your local Agriculture Extension Office.
>They will be able to tell you where to get the fungicides and also the
>regulations where you live.
>

>"Charles E" > wrote in message
.. .
>> We're in Alabama. I'm not sure what regulations would be in place and
>> I don't even know how to find out. I'll check out Peaceful Valley.
>> Thanks!
>>

>> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 04:30:04 GMT, "Ric" > wrote:
>>
>>>Whee are you located?
>>>
>>>Here in california, non-commercial vineyard does not require permits to
>>>spray. I purhcase products such as Kumulus sulfur and Kaligreen from
>>>Peaceful Valley Farm supplies. Good online store - google them.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

try www.medwestgrowerssupply.com. they have a listing of fungicides and
insecticides in small quantities for the small vineyard grower.
Check with the Extension Agent to identify the funcicide and
insectsticides that you will require.

Sal Coco
Kansas City Kansas