Tomterrilewis

Default Mock Cheese, No Soy

Hello:

I've been searching all over the web for a recipe for mock cheese that does not
contain soy, gluten (e.g., wheat flour, oats, etc.), or agar-agar -- my son is
highly allergic to all of these items. If anyone can point me to some
possibilities, I'd be much obliged. Thanks.

TLewis
PinonVerde

You might try he http://www.chreese.com/packets.itml

There's a non-soy, gluten-free cheese listed at this site, along with a
detailed list of ingredients.

I've bought the regular vegan version of this at a local market, and liked the
taste and texture.

Good luck!

>Hello:
>
>I've been searching all over the web for a recipe for mock cheese that does
>not
>contain soy, gluten (e.g., wheat flour, oats, etc.), or agar-agar -- my son
>is
>highly allergic to all of these items. If anyone can point me to some
>possibilities, I'd be much obliged. Thanks.
>
>TLewis
>

>Subject: Mock Cheese, No Soy
>From:
(Tomterrilewis)
>Newsgroups: alt.food.vegan
>Date: 10 Apr 2004 19:46:01 GMT

Tomterrilewis

Thanks very much for your response. The products look promising. I appreciate
your help!

TL
katie

"Tomterrilewis" > wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I've been searching all over the web for a recipe for mock cheese that

does not
> contain soy, gluten (e.g., wheat flour, oats, etc.), or agar-agar

you could try asking chef deb on the recipe board at www.vegsource.com, i
know she has a whole bunch of gluten free and soy free recipes, and it
doesn't seem like there's any request she can't whip up a great recipe for!
or, you could always ask the queen of vegan cheese, jo stepaniak, on the
veganism board there. she's authored whole cookbooks of vegan cheese
recipes, i'm sure you could ask her if she's done anything like that.

-- my son is
> highly allergic to all of these items. If anyone can point me to some
> possibilities, I'd be much obliged. Thanks.
>
> TLewis

Rubystars

"Tomterrilewis" > wrote in message
> Thanks very much for your response. The products look promising. I

appreciate
> your help!
>
> TL

Be careful if the product was made in the same factory as one of the
allergy-producing foods was. I've heard of people gettign anaphylactic
reactions from eating milk-free products that were produced using the same
equipment that was produced to create dairy containing products.

One easter a year or two ago in here there was this person who said his
daughter was allergic to milk and he got her a vegan chocolate bunny, and
she got sick and had to go to the hospital, because they found out that it
was made on the same equipment as milk chocolate, and that's how she had
gotten exposed to the milk.

-Rubystars

TLewis

Thanks for the tips. I'll check them out!

TLewis

Rubystars, thanks for the warning. I guess I can email the company and ask
about how their products are produced . . . .

TLewis
Rubystars

"TLewis" > wrote in message
> Rubystars, thanks for the warning. I guess I can email the company and ask
> about how their products are produced . . . .
>
> TLewis

You're welcome.

That's one way of doing it. Hopefully they'll be honest with you.

-Rubystars

Mock Apple Pie merryb General Cooking 114 20-10-2011 07:20 PM
Mock Margarita Donna Myers Recipes (moderated) 0 19-08-2007 04:52 PM
Mock Duck in a Can Jed Vegan 2 21-05-2006 02:07 AM
Rondele Cheese Spread Mock Susan Puckett Recipes (moderated) 0 27-04-2006 10:15 AM
REC: Mock Ciabatta Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 2 02-11-2004 03:35 AM