Wayne Boatwright

Default REC: Mock Ciabatta

I made this for dinner tonight, adapted from a pizza dough recipe I've
used for years. It must have been pretty good. There was none left.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mock Ciabatta

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :1:00 +Rising and Cooling
Categories :

2 1/4 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
1 Cup Lukewarm Water
2 1/4 Cups Bread Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Honey
Rosemary (optional)

Combine yeast and water; allow to stand 5 minutes.

In bowl of food processor, combine flour and salt. Drizzle oil and honey
on top of flour. Place lid on food processor. While running, slowly
pour in yeast/water mixture. Process 30 seconds. Rest 15 minutes.
Process 45 seconds.

Dough will be soft and sticky, but do not add additional flour. Turn
dough into oiled bowl. Cover and place in warm place to rise until
tripled in bulk, about 90 minutes.

Heavily flour large cookie sheet. Turn dough onto cookie sheet, sprinkle
top of dough generously with flour and press with palms of hands to
flatten into rough rectangle, being careful not to completely deflate the
dough. Cover with towel and let rest 15 minutes for easier shaping.
With hands, pull dough into long oval. With floured fingers, make deep
indentations all over loaf, making sure to press all the way down to
cookie sheet. Sprinkle loaves lightly with flour. If desired, sprinkle
loaf with crushed rosemary. Cover and let rise in warm place until
doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 12 ice cubes on floor of oven. Bake
loaf on middle rack 25 to 30 minutes until golden, using spray bottle to
spritz loaves with water 3 times during first 10 minutes of baking. Cool
loaves on wire rack.

"This makes a quick loaf of bread, reminiscent of a good ciabatta."
Yield:
"1 Loaf"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 240 Calories; 5g Fat (20.4%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 357mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat;
1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Louis Cohen

Why not leave out the oil and honey and make real ciabatta?

Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>I made this for dinner tonight, adapted from a pizza dough recipe I've
> used for years. It must have been pretty good. There was none left.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Mock Ciabatta
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :1:00 +Rising and Cooling
> Categories :

> 2 1/4 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
> 1 Cup Lukewarm Water
> 2 1/4 Cups Bread Flour
> 1 Teaspoon Salt
> 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
> 1 Tablespoon Honey
> Rosemary (optional)
>
> Combine yeast and water; allow to stand 5 minutes.
>
> In bowl of food processor, combine flour and salt. Drizzle oil and honey
> on top of flour. Place lid on food processor. While running, slowly
> pour in yeast/water mixture. Process 30 seconds. Rest 15 minutes.
> Process 45 seconds.
>
> Dough will be soft and sticky, but do not add additional flour. Turn
> dough into oiled bowl. Cover and place in warm place to rise until
> tripled in bulk, about 90 minutes.
>
> Heavily flour large cookie sheet. Turn dough onto cookie sheet, sprinkle
> top of dough generously with flour and press with palms of hands to
> flatten into rough rectangle, being careful not to completely deflate the
> dough. Cover with towel and let rest 15 minutes for easier shaping.
> With hands, pull dough into long oval. With floured fingers, make deep
> indentations all over loaf, making sure to press all the way down to
> cookie sheet. Sprinkle loaves lightly with flour. If desired, sprinkle
> loaf with crushed rosemary. Cover and let rise in warm place until
> doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
>
> Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 12 ice cubes on floor of oven. Bake
> loaf on middle rack 25 to 30 minutes until golden, using spray bottle to
> spritz loaves with water 3 times during first 10 minutes of baking. Cool
> loaves on wire rack.

> "This makes a quick loaf of bread, reminiscent of a good ciabatta."
> Yield:
> "1 Loaf"
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 240 Calories; 5g Fat (20.4%
> calories from fat); 7g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
> Cholesterol; 357mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat;
> 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
>
> --
> Wayne in Phoenix
>
> *If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
> *A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Wayne Boatwright

Incredulously, "Louis Cohen" > wrote in
:

> Why not leave out the oil and honey and make real ciabatta?
>
> --
> Louis Cohen

I'll give it a shot next time. Thanks.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Ciabatta bread Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 22 25-05-2014 10:22 AM
Ciabatta Doc Sourdough 4 21-11-2007 01:55 AM
ciabatta recipe anthony Baking 1 21-09-2007 02:26 PM
Mock Margarita Donna Myers Recipes (moderated) 0 19-08-2007 04:52 PM
Ciabatta Gal Called J.J. General Cooking 19 16-02-2005 10:58 PM